Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

hmm.. I was reading a rule page that said 1 yd in nfl. didnt bother to go get a real rule book though.
I got my answer from the Wikipedia.

I thought Kincaid was great today, keep getting him involved.

Some big concerns about the coaching right now, Dorsey has gotta get this offense going faster.

The defense is really missing Daquon/Oliver/Milano/Tre right now. They need more out of the back up IDL ASAP.

I would say they need to can Dorsey…. But if Allen isn’t trusting what he is seeing that’s on him. He hasn’t been the same qb since the 2nd half of tje pack game last year. So coming up on a calendar year.

My two cents… after the big hits he took in that Pack game, Bills coaches got in his head about playing more safely so he doesn’t get hurt. But being super man is such a big part of his game and by taking away Josh’s instincts they have made him a tentative qb who doesn’t trust what he sees. Especially if he’s getting pressure.

They broke Josh Allen.

I would say they need to can Dorsey…. But if Allen isn’t trusting what he is seeing that’s on him. He hasn’t been the same qb since the 2nd half of tje pack game last year. So coming up on a calendar year.

My two cents… after the big hits he took in that Pack game, Bills coaches got in his head about playing more safely so he doesn’t get hurt. But being super man is such a big part of his game and by taking away Josh’s instincts they have made him a tentative qb who doesn’t trust what he sees. Especially if he’s getting pressure.

They broke Josh Allen.
Or at least limited his potential

They broke Josh Allen.

I do agree that Allen isn't always making the best decisions with where to go with the ball. But the offensive staff has gotta build a better gameplan around what he's comfortable with and what he's best at.

The window closed when McDermott and Frazier lost their balls in the final 13 secs against KC. This team is finished.
I was pretty much done with him then but was told that was crazy because well, Dick Jauron & Greg Williams stunk, basically was the argument. Would rather he wax poetic about their 1 fluke season in Carolina somewhere else but here we are.

I got my answer from the Wikipedia.
from this years nfl rule book

Item 2. Illegally Downfield. An ineligible offensive player is illegally downfield if:
  1. he moves more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage without contacting an opponent
  2. after losing contact with an opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage, he advances more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage

I do agree that Allen isn't always making the best decisions with where to go with the ball. But the offensive staff has gotta build a better gameplan around what he's comfortable with and what he's best at.
Even it means shortening his career because of the hits he will take?

The throw was forward but behind the line, does that matter? I know it's different in NFL vs. College

Doesn’t appear to have been a penalty.

Attachments

• IMG_4004.jpeg
    IMG_4004.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 29
A lot of blame to go around right now. Allen and McD are saying Allen’s shoulder is fine, but if it is, he simply has to play better. The ball isn’t coming out the way it usually does and it’s impacting his accuracy. I just don’t at all buy that he’s healthy right now.

Additionally, guys just having some really untimely drops and penalties right now. Dorsey could call a better game but I think it’s mostly execution issues right now. Defenses are giving Buffalo plenty of space underneath/giving us numbers in the box to run and the players just make too many mistakes.

Ultimately I think we all know this coaching staff will almost certainly remain through the end of this season. If Kincaid isn’t a more significant part of the offense by then on a consistent basis, Dorsey has to go. Kincaid is so clearly the #2 or 3 receiver right now. They did a good job yesterday of going to him but they have to keep it up.

And re: the defense and the team as a whole, I think we’ve just lost too many guys to be a Super Bowl contender this year. Can still potentially win the division but (1) I don’t expect it and (2) the injuries have put a ceiling on this team to be outside the top 5 or so IMO. Sucks but thems the breaks.

A lot of blame to go around right now. Allen and McD are saying Allen’s shoulder is fine, but if it is, he simply has to play better. The ball isn’t coming out the way it usually does and it’s impacting his accuracy. I just don’t at all buy that he’s healthy right now.

Additionally, guys just having some really untimely drops and penalties right now. Dorsey could call a better game but I think it’s mostly execution issues right now. Defenses are giving Buffalo plenty of space underneath/giving us numbers in the box to run and the players just make too many mistakes.

Ultimately I think we all know this coaching staff will almost certainly remain through the end of this season. If Kincaid isn’t a more significant part of the offense by then on a consistent basis, Dorsey has to go. Kincaid is so clearly the #2 or 3 receiver right now. They did a good job yesterday of going to him but they have to keep it up.

And re: the defense and the team as a whole, I think we’ve just lost too many guys to be a Super Bowl contender this year. Can still potentially win the division but (1) I don’t expect it and (2) the injuries have put a ceiling on this team to be outside the top 5 or so IMO. Sucks but thems the breaks.

I do think the defense is still adequate to be a team that can have success in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the offense, despite some of their gaudy numbers due to a couple of insanely efficient games, does not. Too inconsistent, too turnover prone and not enough reliable playmakers. At this point, the goal should be to just make the playoffs and I guess that would be considered a successful year.

Does Beane make any moves? Or should I say, worthwhile moves? Or are we just going to trade a player and a pick for another RB that we just use to field punts? (By the way, Zack Moss is currently second in the league in rushing. A great trade)

Agree with all this.

Unlike the Jet game I thought when he broke the pocket yesterday it was out of necessity. I don't know why the OL is worse now. Especially when we've handled them with Judon in the past. But also yes he needs to hit Diggs when he's open on a few of those.

The "don't get beat deep" defense that's so popular now is almost like basketball pre shot clock. Fewer possessions, little margin for error. When you actually dive into the drive summaries the offense doesn't look quite as bad. All of those penalties and drops are magnified.

It does feel like Dorsey has become too much of a scapegoat while the McBean roster construction is getting a pass. Knox never needed to be paid and that's not hindsight. The Von deal, I know you can't predict injuries but that was dubious for a 33yr old.
I would like to see more Hardy in there and go back to 11.

I'm not optimistic about the division at all at this point. The way people are ripping Miami this morning reminds me of us in '21. "Oh they're bullies they can't beat a good team". OK whatever, they lost a couple tough road games. Most importantly they're getting guys back on defense.
Then again would you rather host the Bengals or Jets in the 1st round or go to Jacksonville. I would say who cares just get in.

Von with 6 snaps. Look at the end of his last play.

That injury last year wrecked that contract. He was playing great and now looks like a shell of himself. Story of the Bills history unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom