Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

McDermott always always does that. I hope we move on this guys never getting this team to a SB here, ever.

I'm kinda hoping the Bills miss the playoffs at this point, which would justify moving on. McDummy has gotta go.

I'm kinda hoping the Bills miss the playoffs at this point, which would justify moving on. McDummy has gotta go.
He’s awful at end of Half / end of game situations. Remember that bizarro sequence a couple weeks ago where they had the ball near midfield near the half and instead of trying to get into FG range he had them run it like 1 yard to get a first down while the Half ended ?

Even if we had all 3 do you trust Bass to hit from 50+ or for Buffalo not to do something stupid like fumble or throw a pick?
They have Josh Allen. He could run 50 yards and get them into FG range in one play. You knew OT was a loss. We all knew

More and more I think about that game… we basically pulled off the impossible. How the hell do we find these ways?

It’s truly stunning. A 59 yarder? Lol.
Not sure how it came through on tv but from being at the game I can tell you it was a driving rain. The conditions were very difficult. Very few nfl kickers make that kick.

At 6-6 the Bills are in a tough spot and the remaining five games are challenging but if they could somehow get into the playoffs they would have a decent shot. Beating KC next week is critical. There is nobody in the AFC that should have a decided advantage over the Bills. KC is just not the same team, particularly on offense. Lamar Jackson never gets it done in the postseason and the rest of the contenders are meh. I know the Bills have flaws but so does everybody else in that conference. The NFC looks a lot stronger imo. It's doable for Buffalo, just going to have to win some tough road games.

At 6-6 the Bills are in a tough spot and the remaining five games are challenging but if they could somehow get into the playoffs they would have a decent shot. Beating KC next week is critical. There is nobody in the AFC that should have a decided advantage over the Bills. KC is just not the same team, particularly on offense. Lamar Jackson never gets it done in the postseason and the rest of the contenders are meh. I know the Bills have flaws but so does everybody else in that conference. The NFC looks a lot stronger imo. It's doable for Buffalo, just going to have to win some tough road games.
The season certainly seems star crossed but if they somehow got in the playoffs they'd have a decent shot at winning it all.

I think the Bills playoff hopes died on the vine with that loss to Denver. Too many AFC losses to win tiebreakers at this point. Even if they win out, they aren't guaranteed a spot.

I think the Bills playoff hopes died on the vine with that loss to Denver. Too many AFC losses to win tiebreakers at this point. Even if they win out, they aren't guaranteed a spot.

Ya to many moving pieces at this point and teams like the Steelers play dog s schedules so they'll get in and then lose by 25 in the 1st round of the playoffs. Figures though the one year Buffalo falls apart the last half decade is the year it finally opens up. That Denver and NE loss will haunt them.

Fair point but some of these other playoff contenders are very capable of losing to bad teams. Bills need to go 4-1 down the stretch. 10-7 should get it done.

Fair point but some of these other playoff contenders are very capable of losing to bad teams. Bills need to go 4-1 down the stretch. 10-7 should get it done.
I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure why anyone would expect this from a team that's already lost to Mac Jones at the gun and Zach Wilson.

I know all the talking heads point to point differential, but it's a bit inflated from playing 3 bad teams in the Raiders with McDaniel, Jets, and Commanders.

I think their only hope at this point is that Tua gets injured and the Dolphins fall apart and they sneak in to win the division. But with the way that McDermott turtles in big games, I can't see them winning 2 out of 3 against KC, Dallas and Miami.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure why anyone would expect this from a team that's already lost to Mac Jones at the gun and Zach Wilson.

I know all the talking heads point to point differential, but it's a bit inflated from playing 3 bad teams in the Raiders with McDaniel, Jets, and Commanders.
I hear ya and yeah I don't pay a lot of attention to point differential either. My theory is not necessarily based upon a ringing endorsement of the Bills but rather an acknowledgement that the other playoff contenders in the AFC are not that good.

McDontgivemealeadwithunder2left continually shows he cannot get it done when it's needed. And he's calling the defensive plays!

I hear ya and yeah I don't pay a lot of attention to point differential either. My theory is not necessarily based upon a ringing endorsement of the Bills but rather an acknowledgement that the other playoff contenders in the AFC are not that good.
Burrow being out for the year should have provided a massive opening. I do think you're sleeping on the Ravens a bit. I'm well aware of Lamar's shortcomings in the playoffs, but the defense is nasty.

Burrow being out for the year should have provided a massive opening. I do think you're sleeping on the Ravens a bit. I'm well aware of Lamar's shortcomings in the playoffs, but the defense is nasty.
Agree about the Baltimore defense but LAC has a bad secondary yet the Raven offense really struggled. What works for Baltimore is what I referenced earlier about the overall weakness of the AFC. Somebody has to come out of there to rep the conference in the SB.

The season certainly seems star crossed but if they somehow got in the playoffs they'd have a decent shot at winning it all.

They need Milano and Daquon back to make any run. The defense just isn't good enough

I think 49ers/Eagles are legit but I disagree the NFC is stronger overall. Lions look like a paper tiger, freaking Atlanta or New Orleans will get to host a playoff game, and the Cowboys are the NFC version of the Bills. AFC may not have a strong team at the top but all it takes is one team getting hot to win it all.

I think 49ers/Eagles are legit but I disagree the NFC is stronger overall. Lions look like a paper tiger, freaking Atlanta or New Orleans will get to host a playoff game, and the Cowboys are the NFC version of the Bills. AFC may not have a strong team at the top but all it takes is one team getting hot to win it all.
I should have made my theory more clear. I'm talking at the top of the conference. One could make an argument that the top three NFC teams are the three best teams in football.

The spreads in these games tell you everything, Vegas knows we're about as good as anyone. There's no question the Jacksonvilles of the world are praying they get Pittsburgh instead in the 1st round. But what are we really talking about; needing to win 4 road games in a row starting in Miami week 18 and 2 in KC, right lots of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom