Buffalo Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Game Thread...

Disagree on the defense. Yes we have shaky ball handlers, but handchecking is always called in the pros.

Please. They play no different than the principles Izzo or Mick Cronin use at MSU/Cincinnati. They gave up like 90-something to UAB and 80-something to Niagara. People can score on them. You can’t have plodding/hesistant PG play against these types of team.

Did Moyer get injured? Never came back in after that fall. He was playing great tonight.

most important thing to take away from tonight is we got a W, this team doesn't fold under pressure and comes to play when the game is on the line, obv always have things to work on but working on them after a W is the best result we can have

Just win, baby.

I think most fans aren't going to look at Buffalo as a "quality" win, but this will be one of those games that really helps our resume on selection Sunday. Ditto Georgetown on the road.

And for a young team, playing games like these two and overcoming big obstacles is helping the team learn that they can overcome.

The guy on Battle’s foul... u don’t think he flopped?

In the NFL, he would have been flagged for offensive pass interference. The refs catch so much heat on here, but without some of the bad calls, there's a decent chance we lose the last 2 games. Even the contact (lense) foul could have gone the other way. The announcer thought it did.

Battle's push offs are his version of Frank's carry. Hopefully it's an easy habit for him to correct, and it may have been born of frustration from the defensive strategy used on him. I suspect that in ACC play, we'll face opponents who may use a similar strategy as Buffalo did to limit him, and they'll have much more athletic defenders doing so. This team will likely be better by then, though. JB didnt get all of those wins by luck or being too soft on the players.

Just win, baby.

I think most fans aren't going to look at Buffalo as a "quality" win, but this will be one of those games that really helps our resume on selection Sunday. Ditto Georgetown on the road.

And for a young team, playing games like these two and overcoming big obstacles is helping the team learn that they can overcome.

Awesome to see a guy like Marek who is overmatched physically (really impressed with Perkins and others) and dealing with grown men tonight secure a big rebound or two in clutch time.

Personnel-wise with Clark in the lineup for UB; they look really good. I can see them being a 13/14 seed.

It’s just normal tough defense, lol. Plenty of people have scored on them. They aren’t some daunting task to go up against. We just have shaky ballhandlers plain and simple.
Some of the shakiest ball handling I can remember seeing... I'm struggling to remember a time I felt so much anxiety about just getting the ball across half court.

He’s hard to figure because all of sudden he gets a clear path to the hoop and finishes. He had a huge three after he was picked cleanly. Not a smart shot, but he made it.
yeah last year he would foul right after

Some of the shakiest ball handling I can remember seeing... I'm struggling to remember a time I felt so much anxiety about just getting the ball across half court.

Yup. Get used to it. It’s lack of speed too. He doesn’t attack and blow by it. Hesitation and lack of speed plays right into the hands of it.

Did Moyer get injured? Never came back in after that fall. He was playing great tonight.

Yeah I'm guessing he was banged up on that play. He landed hard on his wrist.

In the NFL, he would have been flagged for offensive pass interference. The refs catch so much heat on here, but without some of the bad calls, there's a decent chance we lose the last 2 games. Even the contact (lense) foul could have gone the other way. The announcer thought it did.

Battle's push offs are his version of Frank's carry. Hopefully it's an easy habit for him to correct, and it may have been born of frustration from the defensive strategy used on him. I suspect that in ACC play, we'll face opponents who may use a similar strategy as Buffalo did to limit him, and they'll have much more athletic defenders doing so. This team will likely be better by then, though. JB didnt get all of those wins by luck or being too soft on the players.

The defender was falling before his arm was even away from his body because he was flopping. They were flopping the whole game trying to take advantage of Tyus’ bad habit.

The contact lens call was clearly a good call IMO. You can’t run through a stationary guy like that.

Please. They play no different than the principles Izzo or Mick Cronin use at MSU/Cincinnati. They gave up like 90-something to UAB and 80-something to Niagara. People can score on them. You can’t have plodding/hesistant PG play against these types of team.

FWIW Cronins team only put up 73 against them.

Moyer was having a good game. Why did he ride the bench the second half?
Okay, I came on here to see if anyone was talking about it. I believe he hurt his hand going up for a contested rebound and then people went down and the next thing I see is Moyer shaking his hand and looking pained.

The defender was falling before his arm was even away from his body because he was flopping. They were flopping the whole game trying to take advantage of Tyus’ bad habit.

The contact lens call was clearly a good call IMO. You can’t run through a stationary guy like that.

You may be right, I didnt watch any replays of my own making, and may have missed certain replays(and heaven knows what else), due to the crappy stream. In live action, it looked like he shucked him, but we all experience reality differently, which is one of the reasons eyewitness testimony isnt always that reliable. The refs were quick to call it shortly later when he did it again, possibly realizing they had made a mistake previously?

FWIW Cronins team only put up 73 against them.

I agree that's a good thing, considering what Buffalo averages. The 47 points in the second half, is not so good, though.

UB’s a Tournament team with #10 and #33.

This was a good win we’ll grow from.

UB’s a Tournament team with #10 and #33.

This was a good win we’ll grow from.

They certainly seem it. However, with 3 games in a row many on here expected to be easy wins that weren't, Ive been considering if the cupcakes had great improvement, or if this team has regressed compared to prior years. For me, the jury is still out. I'd probably say it's a combo, but like with indica/sativa hybrids, often one is more dominant.

They certainly seem it. However, with 3 games in a row many on here expected to be easy wins that weren't, Ive been considering if the cupcakes had great improvement, or if this team has regressed compared to prior years. For me, the jury is still out. I'd probably say it's a combo, but like with indica/sativa hybrids, often one is more dominant.
They have a big and talented forward in perkins who is complemented by great guards (one of which is a mizzou transfer). This was a good team we played tonight who also nearly beat cincy.

I had a good view of him coming back to the bench. He was holding his wrist and trying to work it out, rotating it. Then he used the same hand to slap four or five guys hands before sitting, so hopefully it's ok.

I'm more worried because he had a bad limp anytime he got up. It will be interesting to see what develops there.

It was good to see him as the hype man on the bench still at the end of the game. Got everyone off their butts waving his arms.

Lol. Va Tech gives up boatloads of points. Yes they are aggressive but that doesn't equate to good defense unless you play solid help D as well.. which they do not.
When you faceguard you’re not gonna play help D. Seemed to work for buffalo and hopefully they learn from this.

I had a good view of him coming back to the bench. He was holding his wrist and trying to work it out, rotating it. Then he used the same hand to slap four or five guys hands before sitting, so hopefully it's ok.

I'm more worried because he had a bad limp anytime he got up. It will be interesting to see what develops there.

It was good to see him as the hype man on the bench still at the end of the game. Got everyone off their butts waving his arms.
I think there was a bit of injury and the fact that we seemed to have better spacing with Marek in as they didn't totally sag off him like they did MM. I think OB getting to the rim was aided by the fact that they didn't have an extra defender in the lane basically guarding the lane and not Matt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom