Buffalo Sabres

creatorsgame

All American
Trolling just to get some more juice into hockey on this board.

Damn Sabes falling off this year. What the hell happened?

My Rangers are a dumpster fire.

NateW

All American
Trolling just to get some more juice into hockey on this board.

Damn Sabes falling off this year. What the hell happened?

My Rangers are a dumpster fire.
You should hear Buffalo Sports Talk Radio today.

Full on depression.

creatorsgame

All American
You should hear Buffalo Sports Talk Radio today.

Full on depression.
It’s too bad. At least one NY team* should be competitive.

*Islanders not included

NateW

All American
Pegulas need to do some serious soul searching about Sabres management and staff.

They haven’t even been competitive for well over a month.

ForCuseSake

All American
Adios Wowie Housley.

It’s surprising to me how piss poorly run the Sabres are. The Pegulas have really crapped the bed in so many ways with the Sabres that it’s actually impressive.

Terry started out as fanboy, attempted to bring in a hockey guy (LaFontaine) to right the ship, and now has Kim stirring the brew. What a train wreck :mad::(

NateW

All American
Adios Wowie Housley.

It’s surprising to me how piss poorly run the Sabres are. The Pegulas have really crapped the bed in so many ways with the Sabres that it’s actually impressive.

Terry started out as fanboy, attempted to bring in a hockey guy (LaFontaine) to right the ship, and now has Kim stirring the brew. What a train wreck :mad::(
I think they will eventually get it right. They are clearly committed to building a winner.

They have some talent in place. Which is a good start and should attract quality coaches.

Firing Housley shows me that they aren’t afraid to admit mistakes and keep churning for the right coach. Similar to firing Rex quickly even tho they had said that they value continuity. If it’s not working they are willing to scrap it - even if there is some egg on their face.

ForCuseSake

All American
I think they will eventually get it right. They are clearly committed to building a winner.

They have some talent in place. Which is a good start and should attract quality coaches.

Firing Housley shows me that they aren’t afraid to admit mistakes and keep churning for the right coach. Similar to firing Rex quickly even tho they had said that they value continuity. If it’s not working they are willing to scrap it - even if there is some egg on their face.
Sabres issues go beyond coaching. Bylsma was a good coach with a really crappy team.

I think the Bills have benefited from the Pegulas’ screw ups with the Sabres. They seem to be doing a much better job of putting football people in charge and giving them space to operate.

They need to follow the model used by other successful NHL franchises (President Hockey Ops, GM, coach). Hiring Botterill as a first time GM without a seasoned hockey guy overseeing him is starting to look like a mistake.

I agree they’ll eventually get it right but the continued coaching churn with a green GM doesn’t make it as attractive as it could be.

NateW

All American
Sabres issues go beyond coaching. Bylsma was a good coach with a really crappy team.

I think the Bills have benefited from the Pegulas’ screw ups with the Sabres. They seem to be doing a much better job of putting football people in charge and giving them space to operate.

They need to follow the model used by other successful NHL franchises (President Hockey Ops, GM, coach). Hiring Botterill as a first time GM without a seasoned hockey guy overseeing him is starting to look like a mistake.

I agree they’ll eventually get it right but the continued coaching churn with a green GM doesn’t make it as attractive as it could be.
I am not sold on Botterill either. Word was that he and Housely were not communicating at all. No way to run a sports club.

Beane and McDermott are green too - but they have a shared vision.

Botterill can’t blow this hire.

ForCuseSake

All American
I am not sold on Botterill either. Word was that he and Housely were not communicating at all. No way to run a sports club.

Beane and McDermott are green too - but they have a shared vision.

Botterill can’t blow this hire.
Shared vision is precisely what the Sabres have been missing since the Pegulas bought them.

Which is what makes it more frustrating they’re on coach #6 and GM #3. How difficult can it be to find a competent GM and coach combo just to make the playoffs (saying nothing about contending for a Cup).

They've got a bad rep (deservedly so) for owning a team for nearly 10 years and never sniffing the playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom