Buffalo Sabres | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Sabres

DyH1NS8WoAEe3s4.jpg
Whatever the big award is for photography, this one is deserving.

Trolling just to get some more juice into hockey on this board.

Damn Sabes falling off this year. What the hell happened?

My Rangers are a dumpster fire.

Trolling just to get some more juice into hockey on this board.

Damn Sabes falling off this year. What the hell happened?

My Rangers are a dumpster fire.
You should hear Buffalo Sports Talk Radio today.

Full on depression.

You should hear Buffalo Sports Talk Radio today.

Full on depression.

It’s too bad. At least one NY team* should be competitive.

*Islanders not included

Pegulas need to do some serious soul searching about Sabres management and staff.

They haven’t even been competitive for well over a month.

Adios Wowie Housley.

It’s surprising to me how piss poorly run the Sabres are. The Pegulas have really crapped the bed in so many ways with the Sabres that it’s actually impressive.

Terry started out as fanboy, attempted to bring in a hockey guy (LaFontaine) to right the ship, and now has Kim stirring the brew. What a train wreck :mad::(

Adios Wowie Housley.

It’s surprising to me how piss poorly run the Sabres are. The Pegulas have really crapped the bed in so many ways with the Sabres that it’s actually impressive.

Terry started out as fanboy, attempted to bring in a hockey guy (LaFontaine) to right the ship, and now has Kim stirring the brew. What a train wreck :mad::(
I think they will eventually get it right. They are clearly committed to building a winner.

They have some talent in place. Which is a good start and should attract quality coaches.

Firing Housley shows me that they aren’t afraid to admit mistakes and keep churning for the right coach. Similar to firing Rex quickly even tho they had said that they value continuity. If it’s not working they are willing to scrap it - even if there is some egg on their face.

I think they will eventually get it right. They are clearly committed to building a winner.

They have some talent in place. Which is a good start and should attract quality coaches.

Firing Housley shows me that they aren’t afraid to admit mistakes and keep churning for the right coach. Similar to firing Rex quickly even tho they had said that they value continuity. If it’s not working they are willing to scrap it - even if there is some egg on their face.

Sabres issues go beyond coaching. Bylsma was a good coach with a really crappy team.

I think the Bills have benefited from the Pegulas’ screw ups with the Sabres. They seem to be doing a much better job of putting football people in charge and giving them space to operate.

They need to follow the model used by other successful NHL franchises (President Hockey Ops, GM, coach). Hiring Botterill as a first time GM without a seasoned hockey guy overseeing him is starting to look like a mistake.

I agree they’ll eventually get it right but the continued coaching churn with a green GM doesn’t make it as attractive as it could be.

Sabres issues go beyond coaching. Bylsma was a good coach with a really crappy team.

I think the Bills have benefited from the Pegulas’ screw ups with the Sabres. They seem to be doing a much better job of putting football people in charge and giving them space to operate.

They need to follow the model used by other successful NHL franchises (President Hockey Ops, GM, coach). Hiring Botterill as a first time GM without a seasoned hockey guy overseeing him is starting to look like a mistake.

I agree they’ll eventually get it right but the continued coaching churn with a green GM doesn’t make it as attractive as it could be.
I am not sold on Botterill either. Word was that he and Housely were not communicating at all. No way to run a sports club.

Beane and McDermott are green too - but they have a shared vision.

Botterill can’t blow this hire.

I am not sold on Botterill either. Word was that he and Housely were not communicating at all. No way to run a sports club.

Beane and McDermott are green too - but they have a shared vision.

Botterill can’t blow this hire.

Shared vision is precisely what the Sabres have been missing since the Pegulas bought them.

Which is what makes it more frustrating they’re on coach #6 and GM #3. How difficult can it be to find a competent GM and coach combo just to make the playoffs (saying nothing about contending for a Cup).

They've got a bad rep (deservedly so) for owning a team for nearly 10 years and never sniffing the playoffs.

Well...

They look ummmm good

The commitment to skating hard and free and focusing on the forecheck has made all the difference on the back end for the defense and goalie. Much more in control.

They’ve dominated the puck for 6 periods.

I’m impressed w the new coach.

Last edited:
Well...

They look ummmm good

The commitment to skating hard and free and focusing on the forecheck has made all the difference on the back end for the defense and goalie. Much more in control.

They’ve dominated the puck for 6 periods.

I’m impressed w the new coach.
Love having hockey back.

This is the best time of the year for a sports fan. NFL, college football, soccer, hockey, post season baseball, a little pre-season NBA. Something for everyone.

Almost bought a single ticket this afternoon and made the trip for the game. Kicking myself now. The fan base really deserves a playoff team and hoping these guys can make that happen.

Just got back from the home opener. Great atmosphere - I haven't seen the place as alive as tonight in years. The team just looks different in every way, and that's obviously a good thing.

I know that more than likely, Risto is going to get moved, but he brings some much-needed snarl. Immediately after the Sabres went up 4-1, Wood tried to run Risto, and was promptly sat on his ass. And about 10 seconds after that, Hall tried the same with McCabe, with the same results.

Also, Dahlin is so damn composed for a 19-year old kid.

6th year on a row buying the Center Ice. Hoping this will be the 1st year making it to December still watching games!

These first two games have been very fun to watch.

Hutton continues to make big saves in key moments while everyone else is certainly moving faster than last year.

Don’t want to read too much into these results but it’s hard not to get excited.

Johansson’s passing is nuts and I really like Jokihairju. Two excellent pick ups by Botts.

Wonder who gets the seat when Montour gets healthy.

Toronto is gonna be tough. Montreal will be tough, Boston is Boston and Tampa is Tampa..

One strange stat i saw yesterday. Montreal scored on a Penalty shot vs Toronto , its the first one toronto has allowed since Rocket Richard in the 50s..

One strange stat i saw yesterday. Montreal scored on a Penalty shot vs Toronto , its the first one toronto has allowed since Rocket Richard in the 50s..
That’s wild

These first two games have been very fun to watch.

Hutton continues to make big saves in key moments while everyone else is certainly moving faster than last year.

Don’t want to read too much into these results but it’s hard not to get excited.

Johansson’s passing is nuts and I really like Jokihairju. Two excellent pick ups by Botts.

Wonder who gets the seat when Montour gets healthy.

Unless Risto is moved in the next couple of weeks, I would guess that Gilmour would sit for Montour

Unless Risto is moved in the next couple of weeks, I would guess that Gilmour would sit for Montour

Gilmour is sitting already. He’s been a healthy scratch in the first two games.

Even if they move Risto he’s still probably sitting.

Gilmour is sitting already. He’s been a healthy scratch in the first two games.

Even if they move Risto he’s still probably sitting.

My bad. Not sure what I was thinking.

Unfortunately, McCable is seemingly always injured, so I'm sure that we'll have a spot open in the back 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom