Buffalo Sabres | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Sabres

Heard a rumor that Pegula is looking for a buyer for the Sabres.

Heard a rumor that Pegula is looking for a buyer for the Sabres.
He shouldn’t sell the team, just get a new GM. Botterill is a meathead that’s in over his head.

Botterill fired, Kevyn Adams (???) named as his replacement.

The dysfunction continues.

Really was excited for Perfetti or Rossi. Don't know much on Quinn other than he scored a crap ton of goals in the OHL.

Really was excited for Perfetti or Rossi. Don't know much on Quinn other than he scored a crap ton of goals in the OHL.

I'm mostly upset cause Rossi was still on the board and they took Quinn. If Rossi wasn't available, then I'd like this pick more.

Maybe Quinn has the higher prospect ceiling

I'm mostly upset cause Rossi was still on the board and they took Quinn. If Rossi wasn't available, then I'd like this pick more.

Maybe Quinn has the higher prospect ceiling

I know Quinn was the beneficiary of Rossi’s playmaking ability.

Rossi is a smurf by modern NHL standards and I’m sick of seeing the Sabres consistently physically outmatched.

I’ll roll the dice on Quinn and avoid the Euro-smurf.

I know Quinn was the beneficiary of Rossi’s playmaking ability.

Rossi is a smurf by modern NHL standards and I’m sick of seeing the Sabres consistently physically outmatched.

I’ll roll the dice on Quinn and avoid the Euro-smurf.

Thought I heard that Quinn and Rossi didn't play on the same line very often. Maybe I'm wrong.

I watch so little college and junior hockey (WJC and Frozen Four being the exceptions) that I really can't say which player I preferred

Thought I heard that Quinn and Rossi didn't play on the same line very often. Maybe I'm wrong.

I watch so little college and junior hockey (WJC and Frozen Four being the exceptions) that I really can't say which player I preferred

Think you may be right about Quinn & Rossi playing on different lines.

I’m jaded by years of watching some of Buffalo’s small skilled guys (Ennis, Gerbe, etc) get knocked around.

And I like the fact Quinn is a late bloomer.

Think you may be right about Quinn & Rossi playing on different lines.

I’m jaded by years of watching some of Buffalo’s small skilled guys (Ennis, Gerbe, etc) get knocked around.

And I like the fact Quinn is a late bloomer.

Ennis and Gerbe haven't been on the team in years though. Under GMTM the Sabres were one of the biggest teams in the NHL but they were slow and less skilled.

Hopefully Quinn works out.

Ennis and Gerbe haven't been on the team in years though. Under GMTM the Sabres were one of the biggest teams in the NHL but they were slow and less skilled.

Hopefully Quinn works out.

Well yeah, Murray intentionally tanked for McEichel so it’s no surprise they were slow and less skilled.

It seems like forever since the Sabres were a tough team to play against.

Ralph looks to have them going in the right direction but their cap situation is ruining Eichel’s prime.

I think it’s going to take a miracle for them to dig out of it and still have talent left while Jack’s still at the top of his game.

Haven't been this stunned since the Shady for Alonso deal.

Tage Thompson opening on Eichel/Hall line!?!?

Good luck, kid!

Jack looks like Kenny G with his quarantine fro.

First game pregame intro/production was hilariously ghetto.

Does anyone understand hockey enough to explain this team to me. It seems like they have their share of top end players which I thought that was the hardest part of building a good hockey team. Is there a team in any other sport that has so much freaking difficulty finding replacement level players to fill in the gaps? It's like their 3rd/4th lines have just been the worst depth players in the history of pro sports for how many years running. I don't understand it.

Does anyone understand hockey enough to explain this team to me. It seems like they have their share of top end players which I thought that was the hardest part of building a good hockey team. Is there a team in any other sport that has so much freaking difficulty finding replacement level players to fill in the gaps? It's like their 3rd/4th lines have just been the worst depth players in the history of pro sports for how many years running. I don't understand it.
That shouldn't be the issue this year. They actually have their best forward depth I can remember since the Briere/Drury years. Defense is pretty decent too. Main issue this year is going to be the goalie pairing. Hutton is old and terrible. Ullmark is slightly below average.

IMO, Dahlin is a slightly less talented Housley.

Reinhart is a passenger, not a driver.

If I was Eichel, I'd ask for a trade. This team sucks.

hardest part of this yr is the small schedule rotation

Buffalo will struggle against Wash/Phil/Pitt/Isles/Bruins

Devils/Rangers who knows, but tough to get very far playing so many games against good teams.

some strange scheduling this yr.. Some back 2 backs. Sabres have 1 three game series.

Canadian teams are really hard to know whats gonna happen, look at Montreal, They have 4 three game series and 1 four game series.. that can go south real fast. they play some teams 5 times in 7 games and thats multilple teams too

Last edited:
IMO, Dahlin is a slightly less talented Housley.

Reinhart is a passenger, not a driver.

If I was Eichel, I'd ask for a trade. This team sucks.

Reinhart is a fine player. When he got moved to Eichel's line they started dominating.

Dahlin has been up and down since Ralph arrived

2021 Buffalo Sabres or the 1961 NY Mets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom