Buttgers on the clock for an OC | Syracusefan.com

Buttgers on the clock for an OC

PhatOrange

Living Legend
looks like their OC is to be named head coach at Delaware. Coming on the heels of our hire, I'll be very interested to see what they do for an Offensive Coordinator.

I'm surprised the OC wasn't fired, after that garbage display this year.

I'm surprised the OC wasn't fired, after that garbage display this year.

I wonder how much of that is a product of Flood though. Flood is a power I pro style guy and very conservative.

Wow - someone thought enough of the putrid RU offense this year to promote the guy in charge of it to a HC position? Oh Lord

Rutgers has no excuse to dominate next year in the crap conference. Then can't wait to see them get stomped week in and week out in the Big 10.

Rutgers has no excuse to dominate next year in the crap conference. Then can't wait to see them get stomped week in and week out in the Big 10.
Still have to face Louisville and Cincy.

Wow - someone thought enough of the putrid RU offense this year to promote the guy in charge of it to a HC position? Oh Lord
those Blue Hen fans must be really pumped about this hire - What are they thinking? :noidea:

because they recruit the same kids and have had a lot of recruiting success vs our program in the last few years..
Who was the last kid they landed over us that we were both finalists for? Gareef Glashen? 95% of their game was offering our guys after they committed to SU. They're an afterthought.

Who was the last kid they landed over us that we were both finalists for? Gareef Glashen? 95% of their game was offering our guys after they committed to SU. They're an afterthought.

Quentin Gause
Brandon Coleman
Al Page

To name a few...

Why are we talking about a team that's not in our conference and not on our future schedules?
images
images

Apparently the new Athletic Director at Delaware, Eric Ziady, had a connection with Brock from their time together at BC.
After the controversial dismissal of KC Keeler, Blue Hen fans are less than impressed with the hire.

looks like their OC is to be named head coach at Delaware. Coming on the heels of our hire, I'll be very interested to see what they do for an Offensive Coordinator.
And speaking of the Rutgers-Delaware connection, Jordan Thomas has transferred to UD. Folks may recall he was a 3-Star target out of Endicott, NY (home of the Jones boys) who spurned SU's offer to go to Rutgers, supposedly to have the opportunity to play RB. After being recruited over (Huggins and Jamison) he switched to DB, and eventually dropped out to run track at SUNY Binghamton.

I hope Laray and Gus take note.

I've always blamed that on them not having a QB... or an O line
They recruited a bunch of 3 and 4-start guys at those positions, but either mis-judged or never developed their talent.

My 'What were they thinking' question re Delaware was why did they hire an AD from Boston College to then fire and hire the head football coach? BC's precipitous decline in FB and BB relevance hardly screams out 'We gotta have this guy' to me.

They recruited a bunch of 3 and 4-start guys at those positions, but either mis-judged or never developed their talent.

or both. Also lends credence to the fact that the star system is flawed

Apparently the new Athletic Director at Delaware, Eric Ziady, had a connection with Brock from their time together at BC.
After the controversial dismissal of KC Keeler, Blue Hen fans are less than impressed with the hire.

Based on the reaction of the players, they're more enthused that they finally have a coach as opposed to being enthused that they have this coach.

Why would RU be worrying about an OC when they have a top ranked basketball team. Oh...

heavy-sax.gif

And speaking of the Rutgers-Delaware connection, Jordan Thomas has transferred to UD. Folks may recall he was a 3-Star target out of Endicott, NY (home of the Jones boys) who spurned SU's offer to go to Rutgers, supposedly to have the opportunity to play RB. After being recruited over (Huggins and Jamison) he switched to DB, and eventually dropped out to run track at SUNY Binghamton.

I hope Laray and Gus take note.
Devan Carter too!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom