Class of 2016 - C Cheickna Dembele (PA) to UNLV | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Cheickna Dembele (PA) to UNLV

I know..this kid is pissing me off. No need to pull our chain the way he is doing. If I was JB, if I got a commit from Dembele, I would pull TT offer and tell him to kiss off and we will make it work else where. Save it for next years crop
I think that is the most likely scenario. Projecting Lydon to leave next year, we could probably stand to take them both, but I'm guessing they'll only get one. Having seen Taurean Thompson in person and only little snips of Dembele, I trust the coaches judgment throwing their hat in for Cheikna.

I know some people here are hung up on the number of stars he has -- but the sudden crazy interest from other programs signals to me that is just a lack of exposure since he recently came to the country. It seems clear as day he is a true diamond in the rough that programs are clamoring to now.

I know some people here are hung up on the number of stars he has -- but the sudden crazy interest from other programs signals to me that is just a lack of exposure since he recently came to the country. It seems clear as day he is a true diamond in the rough that programs are clamoring to now.
He definitely has natural abilities you can't teach (6'11, freak athleticism, great hands)

Reminds me of the way Fab blew up overnight. Went from a total unknown to elite recruit at the speed of sound. All based on a grainy video of him killing some 5'8" 16 yr olds in a dark gym, and hitting some unguarded practice jumpers.

Throwback...

Reminds me of the way Fab blew up overnight. Went from a total unknown to elite recruit at the speed of sound. All based on a grainy video of him killing some 5'8" 16 yr olds in a dark gym, and hitting some unguarded practice jumpers.

Throwback...

Same thing with Carter Williams. We swooped in and landed him when he was a 3 star "diamond in the rough". Some people on these boards were concerned we used the scholarship on such an unknown. Then before his senior year he killed it at the Peach Jam -- and the rest was history.

I hope is elementary and middle school transcripts have no "anomalies".

I don't know why, but he doesn't seem 6'11" to me. Seems very athletic/fluid. Good Basketball IQ. Would be a great get IMO

There are a number of videos actually. They just aren't all mixtapes solely featuring Dembele.

He enters the game at 2:27 in this video... #15 in red (blue numbers on red jerseys?? c'mon son)...

You should know I only judge recruits on mixtapes.

I don't know why, but he doesn't seem 6'11" to me. Seems very athletic/fluid. Good Basketball IQ. Would be a great get IMO
In the video that Hugh posted against Genesis Academy, #15 for GA is listed at 7'-0", and Dembele is pretty close to his height. So, I bet he is somewhere around 6'-9" or 6'-10".

There are a number of videos actually. They just aren't all mixtapes solely featuring Dembele.

He enters the game at 2:27 in this video... #15 in red (blue numbers on red jerseys?? c'mon son)...

SPI playing zone in this one (at least the part I watched.)

The kid has some good upside. Add some 20 pounds and a couple more years experience and training and he could be a force to reckon with.

Here goes some quick thoughts after watching one of Big Foot's games that Hugh posted on the previous page. I had him charted for 10 points(3-7 fg, 4-5 ft), 6 boards, and 2 blocks in about 20-22 minutes. Looks to be about 6'10 with a nice frame that could easily add another 10-15 lbs in college. Long arms and played most of the game in the middle of their zone, which should be a plus in our advantage in his recruitment. Knows how to post up and carve out space in the low block very well on offense. Didn't finish with great efficiency inside on the post ups, but looks to have plenty of confidence in his go to moves. Played with a good motor and was very active running the floor on both ends. So he's definitely not the type that we'll have to worry about sleepwalking in a game. To sum it all up on the first watch this cat is far from a finish product and nobody should expect him to come in and dominate, but the tools and physical upside is there to take a flyer on him and hope that he can become another BMK with more offense than another Chino.

Here goes some quick thoughts after watching one of Big Foot's games that Hugh posted on the previous page. I had him charted for 10 points(3-7 fg, 4-5 ft), 6 boards, and 2 blocks in about 20-22 minutes. Looks to be about 6'10 with a nice frame that could easily add another 10-15 lbs in college. Long arms and played most of the game in the middle of their zone, which should be a plus in our advantage in his recruitment. Knows how to post up and carve out space in the low block very well on offense. Didn't finish with great efficiency inside on the post ups, but looks to have plenty of confidence in his go to moves. Played with a good motor and was very active running the floor on both ends. So he's definitely not the type that we'll have to worry about sleepwalking in a game. To sum it all up on the first watch this cat is far from a finish product and nobody should expect him to come in and dominate, but the tools and physical upside is there to take a flyer on him and hope that he can become another BMK with more offense than another Chino.
4-5 from FT? I thought it was a requirement to shoot below 55% from FT to be a big at SU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom