Class of 2016 - C Cheickna Dembele (PA) to UNLV | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Cheickna Dembele (PA) to UNLV

Our roster isn't complete yet

Next.
dayum-o.gif

Yeah, when I first watched the video, I didn't think any of them were that tall. Then I checked out the rosters.

Even 6-9 would be just fine.

Given what we're hearing, he could be 6-8 but 6-9 / 6-10 in "basketball" height...

Even 6-9 would be just fine.

Given what we're hearing, he could be 6-8 but 6-9 / 6-10 in "basketball" height...
Is it inaccurate for me to get an "Obokoh" vibe with him? I just glimpsed his video, looked a little slow in terms of footwork, definitely a center, and "only" 6'8" would be a "Chino" like issue...

This kid is a lot more active than Chino and a much better shot then Chino, FT better than Chino. RAW, like Chino but imo, a lot more upside.
That's good to hear. Considering that we'll have Chukwu and Coleman, he still seems like a good red shirt candidate to me.

Where do you come up with that? This is the first time I have heard MSU mention in a post or maybe I missed something. I would think we have as good a chance as anyone.

Where do you come up with that? This is the first time I have heard MSU mention in a post or maybe I missed something. I would think we have as good a chance as anyone.
Two "analysts" on 2 4 7 picked Michigan State for him. Means nothing, hopefully.

Two "analysts" on 2 4 7 picked Michigan State for him. Means nothing, hopefully.
Eh, if it means we're getting Thompson I could live with that.

ya I hear ya, it was just the first time I heard of T. Izzo's team was that in on him , but I should have known he would be somewhere around. :D

Seems like a perfect development candidate to redshirt a year and then backup Chukwu for 2 years before being able to take over the middle of the zone as a redshirt jr. Seems these developmental bigs have about a 50/50 shot at becoming contributors down the road. Keita worked out but got burned on Sean Williams & Chino. Riley was a big time recruit so I guess he doesn't fit this criteria. Makes me think about Brennan-McBride, he ever play anywhere?

Last edited:
ya I hear ya, it was just the first time I heard of T. Izzo's team was that in on him , but I should have known he would be somewhere around. :D
Michigan St came to see him either on Mon/Tues.

Hey HoustonCuse, just a little side track from the subject at hand, but how are you holding up with all the flooding in Houston this week?

It hasn't been a big issue for me. I am outside of central Houston so our drainage is a little better. It overflowed my pool and we had a few roads closed here and there, but nothing too serious. We get a rainfall event of 10+ inches fairly frequently (maybe a little less often than once a year) so it isn't that terrible in most areas.

Funny story though, I was walking to a meeting in another building yesterday and the guy I was with tried to jump a puddle that was probably about 5-6 inches deep. Well, he didn't make it and his foot landed in muddy run-off at the bottom of said puddle, causing him to flail into the splits in the middle of the puddle. He wasn't injured so I can laugh about it. Because he is a Pitt fan! Hahahaha!!

It hasn't been a big issue for me. I am outside of central Houston so our drainage is a little better. It overflowed my pool and we had a few roads closed here and there, but nothing too serious. We get a rainfall event of 10+ inches fairly frequently (maybe a little less often than once a year) so it isn't that terrible in most areas.

Funny story though, I was walking to a meeting in another building yesterday and the guy I was with tried to jump a puddle that was probably about 5-6 inches deep. Well, he didn't make it and his foot landed in muddy run-off at the bottom of said puddle, causing him to flail into the splits in the middle of the puddle. He wasn't injured so I can laugh about it. Because he is a Pitt fan! Hahahaha!!
That has to be caught on video somewhere. As a Pitt fan, he would have appreciated it if you yelled "SEND IT IN JEROME".

Last edited:

Good to hear!

I'm not going to say that he won't end up at MSU, but 2 4 7 predictions are absolute garbage. They are literally about as accurate as if you picked five random posters from here and polled them about where a recruit will end up.

I'm not going to say that he won't end up at MSU, but 2 4 7 predictions are absolute garbage. They are literally about as accurate as if you picked five random posters from here and polled them about where a recruit will end up.
Agreed. Especially when it is only two guys and one of them is from MSU.

What if the five were Tee, Jake ,Marsh, Bees and Francis?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom