Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

I can''t imagine how anything involving UConn would be the best decision of anyone's life. wow

Jalapeño Mac n Cheese? Laptops?
There are all kinds of amazingly great decisions made re: UConn. ;)

By “amazingly great” I mean:
wildly entertaining for opposing fan bases.

Hes been showing uconn some love lately...Hurley will give it everything hes got to keep him home.

You were right on Mac, why do you believe that with this kid?
Highly highly highly chance he stays local. I could see maybe Izzo convincing him to go to East Lansing .. but that’s it. Hurley isn’t taking it for granted though. His first chance to land a big time in state recruit at UConn.

Hurley isn’t taking it for granted though. His first chance to land a big time in state recruit at UConn.
no, that would be akok akok, who was a much better prospect coming out of high school

no, that would be akok akok, who was a much better prospect coming out of high school
Akok went to PSA from New Hampshire. PSA is loaded. Clingan plays at Bristol Central - in a league that almost never produces high level D1 talent (besides Aaron Hernandez).

it’s not even close to the same thing

also woild it be surprising if Clingan is ranked higher than Akok ever was before it’s all said and done?

Akok went to PSA from New Hampshire. PSA is loaded. Clingan plays at Bristol Central - in a league that almost never produces high level D1 talent (besides Aaron Hernandez).

it’s not even close to the same thing

also woild it be surprising if Clingan is ranked higher than Akok ever was before it’s all said and done?
the boneyard considered akok a big time, in-state get at the time. and still do. too bad he went to a program that couldn't maximize his tools.

and no, i don't think clingan will climb into 247's top 25. akok would have had a strong chance to make the mcdonald's game if he hadn't bailed on putnam and enrolled in uconn early

the boneyard considered akok a big time, in-state get at the time. and still do. too bad he went to a program that couldn't maximize his tools.

and no, i don't think clingan will climb into 247's top 25. akok would have had a strong chance to make the mcdonald's game if he hadn't bailed on putnam and enrolled in uconn early
An Achilles injury wouldn't allow Akok to maximize his tools at any school. Are you trying to get a head start, downgrading Clingan, in your mind because it doesn't appear that we are going to be his choice?

An Achilles injury wouldn't allow Akok to maximize his tools at any school. Are you trying to get a head start, downgrading Clingan, in your mind because it doesn't appear that we are going to be his choice?
he played nearly the entire season before his injury & was not put in position to maximize his talents

and i'm not trying to downgrade clingan at all.

If you watch this kid's highlights closely he goes up at shoulder level when he is in the post and it's not a quick release. Obviously he tries to dunk it a lot which is good but that is going to get blocked a ton at the next level. Reminds me of how DC2 got blocked a lot inside. His move isn't fast and his release point even on layups is really low. Still really like this kid but when I watch Mulvey, I see a higher and faster release and he is quicker to go from post to catch to shot. Clingan will have to work on that to maximize his potential.

If you watch this kid's highlights closely he goes up at shoulder level when he is in the post and it's not a quick release. Obviously he tries to dunk it a lot which is good but that is going to get blocked a ton at the next level. Reminds me of how DC2 got blocked a lot inside. His move isn't fast and his release point even on layups is really low. Still really like this kid but when I watch Mulvey, I see a higher and faster release and he is quicker to go from post to catch to shot. Clingan will have to work on that to maximize his potential.
Am I the only one that thinks Clingon >>> Mulvey? Granted it’s hard to tell since Clingon plays in a lower level league, but the kids a stud. I also don’t think anyone should be so quick to count us out, it seems like his recruitment is still pretty open.

Am I the only one that thinks Clingon >>> Mulvey? Granted it’s hard to tell since Clingon plays in a lower level league, but the kids a stud. I also don’t think anyone should be so quick to count us out, it seems like his recruitment is still pretty open.

clingan isn’t improving. He is just bigger than everyone and playing worse competition than Mulvey. Also Clingan is not coming here for the 18th time so people can stop thinking he’s coming. Staff wants Mulvey and I’m 1000% on board with it. Tons of potential and it’s starting to show with confidence

clingan isn’t improving. He is just bigger than everyone and playing worse competition than Mulvey. Also Clingan is not coming here for the 18th time so people can stop thinking he’s coming. Staff wants Mulvey and I’m 1000% on board with it. Tons of potential and it’s starting to show with confidence

Big, big fan of Mulvey.

Need to lock him up.

I disagree with the point that Clingan isn't improving. He is, just not at the same rate as Mulvey. I totally agree that Clingan will not be coming here. Lock up Mulvey.

Big, big fan of Mulvey.

Need to lock him up.
i like the young man, but i can't see his name without thinking of this
iWnQ66v0w5bKwIqB6cc-xuyNfU4xKsIcHBwgoT0_034.jpg

I happen to know people close to Donovan. You guys saying the staff is going after Mulvey instead of Clingan are misinformed. The staff calls Donovan and his father every other day and they have a great relationship. As far as Donovan not improving, Does continuing to get high major D1 offers mean he isnt getting better? I mean really,, he has 17 high major offers. Don't get me wrong, Mulvey is good and going to get better.Either one would be good. But if our fans wanna give up on Donovan, we may not get him. But if we have to play against him? That will suck.

I happen to know people close to Donovan. You guys saying the staff is going after Mulvey instead of Clingan are misinformed. The staff calls Donovan and his father every other day and they have a great relationship. As far as Donovan not improving, Does continuing to get high major D1 offers mean he isnt getting better? I mean really,, he has 17 high major offers. Don't get me wrong, Mulvey is good and going to get better.Either one would be good. But if our fans wanna give up on Donovan, we may not get him. But if we have to play against him? That will suck.

the fans giving up on him will have no impact on him choosing SU lol. The staff calls a lot of kids on regular basis because that’s called recruiting. You’re close to people that know Donovan so I guess that makes me misinformed ? Bc kids and families don’t exaggerate during a recruiting process ever. I’ll trust my sources on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom