Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Heard he went 16 for 16 in this game.

BRISTOL - It was Senior Night for the Bristol Central boys basketball team on Monday, but it was a dominating performance by the juniors that helped the Rams stay perfect.

Led by Donovan Clingan’s career-tying 37 points, Bristol Central beat Plainville 74-41to improve to 9-0 on the season.
Clingan scored 16 of his points in the second quarter as the Rams built a 23-point halftime advantage, but the Blue Devils clawed their way back with an aggressive pressure defense that flustered Bristol Central in the third period. Plainville was able to cut the gap to 12 as the game headed into the final period.
It was all Rams in the fourth, however, as Bristol Central outscored Plainville 21-2 to put the game away. Clingan capped his 37-point night with his first 3-point basket of the season before head coach Tim Barrette moved to an all senior lineup for the closing minutes.
Clingan had a strong supporting class from guard Damion Glasper and Victor Rosa, who scored nine points each, while Carson Rivoira and Sean Wininger who controlled the board.
Tyshawn Johnson led Plainville (1-8) with 19 points and Omarion Miller added 10.

Heard he went 16 for 16 in this game.

BRISTOL - It was Senior Night for the Bristol Central boys basketball team on Monday, but it was a dominating performance by the juniors that helped the Rams stay perfect.

Led by Donovan Clingan’s career-tying 37 points, Bristol Central beat Plainville 74-41to improve to 9-0 on the season.
Clingan scored 16 of his points in the second quarter as the Rams built a 23-point halftime advantage, but the Blue Devils clawed their way back with an aggressive pressure defense that flustered Bristol Central in the third period. Plainville was able to cut the gap to 12 as the game headed into the final period.
It was all Rams in the fourth, however, as Bristol Central outscored Plainville 21-2 to put the game away. Clingan capped his 37-point night with his first 3-point basket of the season before head coach Tim Barrette moved to an all senior lineup for the closing minutes.
Clingan had a strong supporting class from guard Damion Glasper and Victor Rosa, who scored nine points each, while Carson Rivoira and Sean Wininger who controlled the board.
Tyshawn Johnson led Plainville (1-8) with 19 points and Omarion Miller added 10.

Plainville at 1-8 looks like a sacrificial lamb. Also not sure they have anyone over 6-2.

Plainville at 1-8 looks like a sacrificial lamb. Also not sure they have anyone over 6-2.
True. Thought it would be a good way to get the thread back on track, lol.

Alot of teams are drooling at the transfer portal. Including Uconn. Iowa is now off of the list for Clingan. As the teams that have offered Clingan fall off his list as they accept commits from his class or load the 5 position with players from the portal, which will happen next season too,, the better chance we have of landing him. I know some of you are not convinced Clingan is tested and proven, but I am. I have seen improvement every year and I believe he will be a 5 star and top 3 center in the country by the time he starts his senior basketball season in high school. Once he gets into a D1 program,he will improve exponentially. Elite trainers and coaching will demand it, and he has proven that he works hard and improves with average high school coaching and decent aau coaching. I see us as a serious contender to getting him.

Alot of teams are drooling at the transfer portal. Including Uconn. Iowa is now off of the list for Clingan. As the teams that have offered Clingan fall off his list as they accept commits from his class or load the 5 position with players from the portal, which will happen next season too,, the better chance we have of landing him. I know some of you are not convinced Clingan is tested and proven, but I am. I have seen improvement every year and I believe he will be a 5 star and top 3 center in the country by the time he starts his senior basketball season in high school. Once he gets into a D1 program,he will improve exponentially. Elite trainers and coaching will demand it, and he has proven that he works hard and improves with average high school coaching and decent aau coaching. I see us as a serious contender to getting him.
Why do you think we are a serious contender? Hope you are right!

Why do you think we are a serious contender? Hope you are right!
How can you not? He has repeatedly said in interviews that he n dad speak to the coaching staff regularly...almost religiously. Syracuse was the first to offer Donovan, way before anyone else, took Uconn quite some time after to offer and he had been a story in CT for quite some time...what were they waiting for? Although he obviously talks to Uconn just as much now, I don't think h e has made up his mind. Remember, those interviews also said that just because Uconn is home team, doesn't mean he is isn't considering other schools. He is quoted as saying specifically that the other schools are equal as of now

I will say that he has a pretty good relationship with current Yukon players. I do think UM will be very appealing to him though. We have been involved awhile so I think we still have a chance but we have been left standing at the altar far too many times with our priority bigs to feel good about it. This one could be the one to finally break our way but who knows? Let's go on a huge tournament run and get everyone talking about us and use some of that momentum with these kids!

We need to get him on campus so he can see what we have to offer. He also needs time around our players.

Last edited:
Yep this my guess as well.

I’d put it at 70% Michigan, 20% UConn, 10% other school
Nope, all equal. Don't give up on him. I think Michigan, Uconn, Ohio St, and Syracuse will be in his top 5. He is not a Duke or N Carolina kind of young man. They see incredible players all the time. He wants a team atmosphere not a " gotta deal with one n done all the time" kind of player. He has remained loyal to a public high school team bcuz of mom and that is high character in tself. Regardless of the preps chasing him and all of the criticism of him " being held back" because of such. He has remained a loyal independent AAU player regardless of the shoe teams chasing him and probably promising him everything. This kid is for real. And I believe will bring whatever team he goes to, a legitimate chance at multiple championships. In my opinion, Donovan is the best kept secret in a long time. And We were there first!

Nope, all equal. Don't give up on him. I think Michigan, Uconn, Ohio St, and Syracuse will be in his top 5. He is not a Duke or N Carolina kind of young man. They see incredible players all the time. He wants a team atmosphere not a " gotta deal with one n done all the time" kind of player. He has remained loyal to a public high school team bcuz of mom and that is high character in tself. Regardless of the preps chasing him and all of the criticism of him " being held back" because of such. He has remained a loyal independent AAU player regardless of the shoe teams chasing him and probably promising him everything. This kid is for real. And I believe will bring whatever team he goes to, a legitimate chance at multiple championships. In my opinion, Donovan is the best kept secret in a long time. And We were there first!

welp, sounds good to me.

I think people believe in his skills...I dont think they believe he is leaving the state of Connecticut.

if donny comes and we can talk benny into one more year, this team could easily be top 10

Assuming not ALL of our current Forwards (AND Marek) all depart after this season;
then one thing that might make Benny stick around for a 2nd season, is not getting a massive amount of minutes in his first year, due to legit, experienced competition for minutes at the F spots.

IF any TWO of:
Marek (assuming he has JB's assurances NOT to play the 5), Q, Griff, Woody, Bras return, then Benny is in a 3-way rotation at Forward with 2 other dudes who are pretty legit, and have a leg up due to program experience.

So he might "only" get 20-something minutes a game, like a Frosh Q did.
And not 38 like OSB or 34 like Mali or 30 like Lydon did.

And while I guess anything can happen this year in terms of total player anarchy free agency, you've gotta assume that 2 Forwards will return, right? Right??

IF Benny plays well enough to earn 30+ minutes (or PortalMageddon happens, and all the others leave), THEN he'll probably enter the He Gone zone after the 1 year.

The one encouraging sign that he may be already planning on being 2-and-thru, is that he's actively recruiting Justin Taylor to play w/ him at Cuse, but Taylor is a '22.

Bringing this back to Clingan -
IF we have Benny, Clingan, Taylor, and a PG like Quadir -
then that is indeed a Top Ten sorta team.

If he considers loyalty to a school to be important, this is in the bag. No pun intended!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom