Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Maybe he will surprise us this summer and develop even further,. For someone that has been unimpressive and just doing as expected, he has received some pretty impressive offers...even before he was 7ft1. And by some pretty impressive schools. And the Michigan one came recently, even with what I gather is rather expected for his size performances and nothing special. Maybe we will get some AAU footage that will change some minds, maybe it'll prove some people right.

Yep. My love for Cuse is DEEEEP but if I was a center, I would never come here. Now, If I was a forward or a playmaking guard, omg, I'm surprised more don't run here with the freedom JB gives you (if you get minutes, whole other topic).
good centers have been very good with cuse...its just that the centers that they have had recently havent been good...but its not like if the team had a good center, that that player wouldnt thrive.

A good center is the missing link the last 5 years...the team NEEDS a good center...if they get one they will return to the elite.

yall sleep on D so much. You guys talk about comp. He's the best player UAA circuit, which is second to the eybl in competition. We're really complaining about a 7'2 285 pound center when all we've done is complain about how we can't get a center over 195 lbs

Maybe he will surprise us this summer and develop even further,. For someone that has been unimpressive and just doing as expected, he has received some pretty impressive offers...even before he was 7ft1. And by some pretty impressive schools. And the Michigan one came recently, even with what I gather is rather expected for his size performances and nothing special. Maybe we will get some AAU footage that will change some minds, maybe it'll prove some people right.
Unimpressive? He puts up 30 and 15 on regular basis.

yall sleep on D so much. You guys talk about comp. He's the best player UAA circuit, which is second to the eybl in competition. We're really complaining about a 7'2 285 pound center when all we've done is complain about how we can't get a center over 195 lbs
I think its just really hard to get a feel for how good he is compared to ncaabb plyers who are of similar stature...no way to know for sure until he plays in college. he's def not that flashy...but if he is the best center his age group...then wow...hope SU lands him.

good centers have been very good with cuse...its just that the centers that they have had recently havent been good...but its not like if the team had a good center, that that player wouldnt thrive.

A good center is the missing link the last 5 years...the team NEEDS a good center...if they get one they will return to the elite.
I think Edwards is developing into a good center. He adds 15-20 lbs of muscke over the next year or two and watch out.

He will be good. Plays in the next town over to me. Could not see him this year but even as a Sophomore he had some tools mist big guys his age do not have. probably needs one year in a high major college system to adjust to the level of play, but he will and if we get him we will be

I think its just really hard to get a feel for how good he is compared to ncaabb plyers who are of similar stature...no way to know for sure until he plays in college. he's def not that flashy...but if he is the best center his age group...then wow...hope SU lands him.
Thankfully, college coaches know how to make those projections

He’s not coming here. But he’d be insane to
Choose UConn over Michigan

Matt Gorman averaged 25/10 with 6 blocks a game.
I watched Gorman several times in high school. He dominated up here, but I recall watching him getting shut down against Henniger in the sectional finals at Manley. Watertown got blasted in that game with Gorman and Pond who went to Lemoyne. Clingan has the advantage of playing on the circuit, which wasn’t as prevalent back in the day for small town guys.

Don't ever try to compare someone like Gorman to Clingan lol
Stop using his numbers like they mean something. Have any footage of him playing again someone who isn’t 6’5” at the tallest? Any footage of him playing against or with anybody who is going to play after high school?

Last article I read on this pumped up cuse but I think this happens many times to make their decision bigger than what it is...let him go to UConn then

Why would the kid want to play for the Spazz, snake oil salesman, Hurley? One of the worse and O's coaches ever, good recruiter though.

Well, I guess there will always be some that think he is good and some that won't. I believe he is gonna be in the NBA after sophomore year...but I'm a keyboard coach too I guess. I'll just trust the actions of the REAL division 1 coaches out there that have some incredibly good careers. A couple that even played the 5 in the NBA...1 a hall of fame even. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom