Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

This kid is a beast. That said I want to see him against another kid his size a few times. These numbers are awesome but also against guys 8-12 inches shorter. Maybe a few other tall kids but not many.
And he’s practicing every day against 6fters. The kid is obviously talented but he needs to go prep at some point, both so he can get better and so you can gauge what he does against kids a foot shorter

They are celebrating being over .500 like it’s a championship.
if a fan said that you’d think he’s crazy. But for the coach to say it, in public, is extremely bizarre.

He is a walking whackjob car salesman. Trying to sell his current senior on being the reason for a title. Losing Vital for them is going to be a problem. He is the only one who can consistently hit a shot from outside.

I find it very hard to believe that uconn is going to end up with both Micawber and Clingan. If Micawber reclasses as it has been rumored, I guess there would be room for both, but why?
I think both of UConn’s bigs are juniors. Then they have a kid who redshirted this year. Next year they get Briwn-Ferguson but he’s very raw. Who knows how Akok bounces back from the ACL

I don’t think Etiene is 2 and done and I don’t think him and Clingan can play together. Hurley is probably hoping he can get Etiene for next year to make up for the Akok loss. Then if he gets Clingan jn 2022 he can worry about it then. Hurley probably sees next year as their big shot. I assume Bouknight will leave afternext year and Andre is probably a 2 and Done too

He is a walking whackjob car salesman. Trying to sell his current senior on being the reason for a title. Losing Vital for them is going to be a problem. He is the only one who can consistently hit a shot from outside.
They’ve been successful with a smaller line recently but they can get away with it because Vital is a tremendous rebounder for his size. He will be a big loss no doubt

Hurley might continue to run that program into the ground over the next 2 years combined with their athletic department financial woes from football failing as well, its hard to see them being very desirable in the near future

I’m hardly a UConn fan; I live in Connecticut and despise them. But I’ll be the first to admit that their return to the BE will help them recruit.

And I find it laughable when folks here shoot down UConn as they’re no longer a factor. They may not be in football, but they’re still competing with us for basketball recruits. They’re a rival we no longer have in the ACC.

I’m hardly a UConn fan; I live in Connecticut and despise them. But I’ll be the first to admit that their return to the BE will help them recruit.

And I find it laughable when folks here shoot down UConn as they’re no longer a factor. They may not be in football, but they’re still competing with us for basketball recruits. They’re a rival we no longer have in the ACC.
Hurley has been successful recruiting against us so far. But if he doesn’t start winning on the court it won’t matter. If UConn was in the Big East this year they’d probably be 12-16, at best.

12 of UConn’s 16 wins are vs Ken Pom trans that are 100 or worse. The Big East has no teams worse than 87

Hurley has been successful recruiting against us so far. But if he doesn’t start winning on the court it won’t matter. If UConn was in the Big East this year they’d probably be 12-16, at best

This is the key. Also he isn't bringing in players where he has talent 1-5. It's bits and pieces. Gilbert shouldn't have seen more than 5-10 mins a game. He is a walking late game turnover. Jackson can't shoot. So now you have Bouknight and hoping a healthy Polley/Akok can give you some outside shooting. They look like they will struggle mightily next year. A first year in the BE going 12-20 isn't going to help recruiting.

This is the key. Also he isn't bringing in players where he has talent 1-5. It's bits and pieces. Gilbert shouldn't have seen more than 5-10 mins a game. He is a walking late game turnover. Jackson can't shoot. So now you have Bouknight and hoping a healthy Polley/Akok can give you some outside shooting. They look like they will struggle mightily next year. A first year in the BE going 12-20 isn't going to help recruiting.
They do have RJ Cole a transfer from Howard. He can score. Their problem is gonna be if Hurley goes Cole/Gaffney/Bouknight//Jackson/ Big they will get crushed on the boards and not good defensively

I mean it’s all a game but I don’t get the “he’s UCONN bound” talk already. He’s c/o22 and Barely mentions anything about recruiting when talked to. They aren’t that focused on it until atleast the end of his season at Bristol. There’s also been comments from his dad regarding UCONN and their fans that didn’t look to good for UConn. Let’s wait and see what happens this one is a long way out.

Based on what exactly?

Based on things I’ve read and heard living in Connecticut. First, he wants to stay close to home. Maybe Syracuse is close enough for him. Maybe not.

sounds definitive

Nothing definitive at this time. I’m not holding my breath, however, waiting for SU to land something close to a respectable center.

I mean, anything is possible, but he’s a high priority for UConn and he’ll be taking multiple unofficial visits there once recruiting heats up.

Appears he’s likely headed to UConn. They’re all over him. But, of course, things clould change.

Along with Clingan himself, two sources have told me there has been zero internal discussion about where he wants to go yet.

Edit: Just want to follow up on a couple things here. As for prep school, no he doesn't really want to go. Yes, his dad has been quoted as saying it might be the best path, though I've heard several high-level programs have said they think he'll be fine at Bristol and prep school isn't required.

As for the distance stuff, I'm under the impression anything in the Northeast is fine.

Last edited:
Along with Clingan himself, two sources have told me there has been zero internal discussion about where he wants to go yet.

Oh, no doubt. He’s still young. But he’s a priority for UConn. That’s clear. They’re going to sell playing close to home, in the Big East and at MSG every March.

Oh, no doubt. He’s still young. But he’s a priority for UConn. That’s clear. They’re going to sell playing close to home, in the Big East and at MSG every March.
I don’t know about UConn and Clingan. He looks special to me. I think he ends up going to a big time basketball program.

I don’t know about UConn and Clingan. He looks special to me. I think he ends up going to a big time basketball program.
I like the way you worded this cus they sure aren’t big (;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom