Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

He doesnt have to have all the athleticism in the world...look at Luca Garza (Iowa)...cant jump over a credit card, but does everything right...and he is being talked about for player of the year...

Would be AWESOME to get this kid.

That said - it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Dior & Chance will also likely have some or all of the following guys to play with:
Senior JGIII
Senior Goodine
Senior QG
Senior Jesse Edwards (I envision him being Etan 2.0 by then, with better O)
Junior JBA (who is already beefy, imagine a few more years of bulking up! RickJack 2.0 w/ a J)
Junior Kadary
Junior Woody
Soph ??? (maybe Mac ETN? :cool: )

We could use a stud PF along the way to go with these guys, otherwise that's a pretty damn STACKED team.
:cool:

Dior, get to work on a PF. ;)
That roster is unreal. In comparison to the rosters of late this is a talented deep team. Exciting to say the least if it all comes to fruition.

Would be AWESOME to get this kid.

That said - it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Dior & Chance will also likely have some or all of the following guys to play with:
Senior JGIII
Senior Goodine
Senior QG
Senior Jesse Edwards (I envision him being Etan 2.0 by then, with better O)
Junior JBA (who is already beefy, imagine a few more years of bulking up! RickJack 2.0 w/ a J)
Junior Kadary
Junior Woody
Soph ??? (maybe Mac ETN? :cool: )

We could use a stud PF along the way to go with these guys, otherwise that's a pretty damn STACKED team.
:cool:

Dior, get to work on a PF. ;)

Looks good but Q will not be around unfortunately

He’s freaking huge. He barely has to jump to dunk and he isn’t done growing. He is going to get a lot of offensive rebounds and put backs just by being in position and being freaking huge.
One thing that I noticed is that even with his height advantage, he was deliberately boxing out to get those rebounds.

Last edited:
I didn't have a place for this in the post, but Clingan's coach told me an interesting story when we were talking about how private Donovan is. He mentioned that when they visited UConn recently there was a 2020 commit that was very shy and was uncomfortable when he was introduced to the crowd. That recruit was Andre Jackson.
Maybe he’s better suited for that 8,000 or whatever at Gampel than the 25K + at the dome

He is 15. At 18 he could easily be 7'2 230

Honestly think UConn will be tough to beat here, especially if he stays at Bristol Central

Appears he’s likely headed to UConn. They’re all over him. But, of course, things clould change.

Appears he’s likely headed to UConn. They’re all over him. But, of course, things clould change.
He’s still young and gotta figure the big boys will come calling, especially if he goes prep

He’s still young and gotta figure the big boys will come calling, especially if he goes prep
Hurley might continue to run that program into the ground over the next 2 years combined with their athletic department financial woes from football failing as well, its hard to see them being very desirable in the near future

Hurley might continue to run that program into the ground over the next 2 years combined with their athletic department financial woes from football failing as well, its hard to see them being very desirable in the near future
Hurley literally guaranteed a championship within the next 2 years. He wasn’t specific regarding Big East or national - but it was a bizarre thing to say. You never hear JB, Roy, K or even Calhoun say stuff like that

Hurley literally guaranteed a championship within the next 2 years. He wasn’t specific regarding Big East or national - but it was a bizarre thing to say. You never hear JB, Roy, K or even Calhoun say stuff like that

The Boneyarders love affair with his overconfidence tells you all you need to know about that fan base.

The Boneyarders love affair with his overconfidence tells you all you need to know about that fan base.
They are celebrating being over .500 like it’s a championship.
if a fan said that you’d think he’s crazy. But for the coach to say it, in public, is extremely bizarre.

This kid is a beast. That said I want to see him against another kid his size a few times. These numbers are awesome but also against guys 8-12 inches shorter. Maybe a few other tall kids but not many.

I find it very hard to believe that uconn is going to end up with both Micawber and Clingan. If Micawber reclasses as it has been rumored, I guess there would be room for both, but why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom