Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Also like how he was keeping the ball high, for the most part, rather than bringing it down and getting it slapped out of his hands by munchkins.
His mama taught him that

This is a $ article, so if anyone has specific questions let me know and I'll try to answer what I can.
Lots of hopeful points in the article (e.g., he likes the zone, Dior’s commitment is “big,” etc.) but NLI day for 2022s is a long way off.

Can he cover the corner 3 ball?

Coach said the best part about him defensively is he's always in the right place. He reads things very well and while the length is nice, he's just always on time and that makes him so good. They play a tight zone on the perimeter, so he's responsible for a lot of space behind them and him covering that makes things work.

Sounds similar to what SU asks of its bigs.

Boneyard will claim fake interview and that their insiders know how DC really feels about JB

Dior working the recruiting trail
Screenshot_20200220-185806_Twitter.jpg

I didn't have a place for this in the post, but Clingan's coach told me an interesting story when we were talking about how private Donovan is. He mentioned that when they visited UConn recently there was a 2020 commit that was very shy and was uncomfortable when he was introduced to the crowd. That recruit was Andre Jackson.

I didn't have a place for this in the post, but Clingan's coach told me an interesting story when we were talking about how private Donovan is. He mentioned that when they visited UConn recently there was a 2020 commit that was very shy and was uncomfortable when he was introduced to the crowd. That recruit was Andre Jackson.
That wasn’t him being shy, it was regret.

Perhaps the famous jalapeno mac n cheese had his stomach off

They way he moves his feet and catches a damn ball tells me everything. He is the big we need. Please god make this 22 class come together!
I agree. He may not be the springy guy who can guard the corner three (although he's also still really young), but he looks like an automatic two points if you get him the ball in the right position, which is something Syracuse has been lacking for a while. I also loved the line about him always being in the right place on defense. That's what made Craig Forth effective despite not being a great one-on-one defender.

He’s freaking huge. He barely has to jump to dunk and he isn’t done growing. He is going to get a lot of offensive rebounds and put backs just by being in position and being freaking huge.

Would be AWESOME to get this kid.

That said - it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Dior & Chance will also likely have some or all of the following guys to play with:
Senior JGIII
Senior Goodine
Senior QG
Senior Jesse Edwards (I envision him being Etan 2.0 by then, with better O)
Junior JBA (who is already beefy, imagine a few more years of bulking up! RickJack 2.0 w/ a J)
Junior Kadary
Junior Woody
Soph ??? (maybe Mac ETN? :cool: )

We could use a stud PF along the way to go with these guys, otherwise that's a pretty damn STACKED team.
:cool:

Dior, get to work on a PF. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom