Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

I would think Mac/Clingan would not go to the same school

I would think Mac/Clingan would not go to the same school
There’s been a lot of speculation that Mac wants to play the 4 in college which would work well if we get Clingan in 2022 and pitch the idea of them playing with each other

There’s been a lot of speculation that Mac wants to play the 4 in college which would work well if we get Clingan in 2022 and pitch the idea of them playing with each other
We wouldn’t be the only school pitching that, that would be interesting

I think theres more to the mac recruitment then people realize. Theres things he likes and things he doesn't. I know some say we are the favorite but I personally dont see it happening and that's solely my own opinion based on things I've heard and the way his recruitment has been going. If we land him then our staff has done a unbelievable job...like for real and I'll be the first to eat crow and admit I read the situation wrong. I hope and I'm rooting that we do get him. Would be crazy!

I just don't see another center wanting to come to SU next year. Yea, we lose Sidibe but have 3 players who will be in their 2nd and 3rd years in the program when a 2021 big man would arrive (Ettiene). Now if one were to transfer out or emerge as a PF, that could change things. What am I missing in a potential recruiting pitch that SU would have?

I just don't see another center wanting to come to SU next year. Yea, we lose Sidibe but have 3 players who will be in their 2nd and 3rd years in the program when a 2021 big man would arrive (Ettiene). Now if one were to transfer out or emerge as a PF, that could change things. What am I missing in a potential recruiting pitch that SU would have?
Clingan is a 2022. By the time he commits it’ll be fairly obvious if the center trio we have is cutting it

We theoretically have three big men assuming nobody transfers, but none of them are all that highly regarded, especially relative to Clingan. And as jdubs mentioned, he can afford to sit back and see if any of our bigs stand out before he theoretically commits. But long story short, I would be shocked if a top 50 recruit doesn't think he can beat out guys that were fringe top 200 recruits.

UConn needs to keep him in state; you rarely see kids like this in the CT HS leagues. I think they’re trending further out of the Mac discussions.

Have to think if JB thinks he's the best big in the class, and we already have inroads with him, we will be in it until the end, and if we don't end up with Mac in 2021? Then Clingan gets the absolute full court press in '22.
You know DH is gonna throw everything he has at this kid.

we were number 1 to offer. Keep the foot on the gas! Hurley is going to go real hard to keep him around but there will be so many more players involved here when this gets towards the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom