Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Tough to fault him there. And easy to understand, given how Dickerson / Wagner are used.
Why is it always ‘what have you done for me lately’? Howard has been a head coach for exactly one season. Syracuse has developed many bigs over many many years. We’ve been losing the battle of the narrative, and I don’t see how we can change it.

Why is it always ‘what have you done for me lately’? Howard has been a head coach for exactly one season. Syracuse has developed many bigs over many many years. We’ve been losing the battle of the narrative, and I don’t see how we can change it.

Yeah, Howard himself hasn’t “done” anything, yet, at Michigan.

But he’s got name cognition, buzz, and had a great college career, very good NBA career, and also a solid NBA assistant coaching career.

And Michigan as a program has done well with their Bigs over the past decade, which we can’t point to here, at all.

Why are you always going on and on about "narratives?"

All Howard has done is have his team in contention for a #1 seed, beat ranked teams all season long, and actually use his bigs. There's a buzz around the Michigan program that we can't match, being a perpetual bubble team.

Oh, and what bigs are you referring to that we've developed over the years? Who was the last one -- Rak? That was in 2014, seven years ago -- Clingan was in grade school when that happened, for christ's sake. And what "narrative" do you want to use to highlight that "accomplishment?" That he was a second round pick? That he played a handful of games in the NBA before being bounced from the league?

Honestly, I think people are afraid to take realistic stock of the current state of our program sometimes.

They don't fire the team generally, that's how you change it. Jim must go, finish next year and go!
Give him the big sendoff. but send him off !!!!

Why are you always going on and on about "narratives?"

All Howard has done is have his team in contention for a #1 seed, beat ranked teams all season long, and actually use his bigs. There's a buzz around the Michigan program that we can't match, being a perpetual bubble team.

Oh, and what bigs are you referring to that we've developed over the years? Who was the last one -- Rak? That was in 2014, seven years ago -- Clingan was in grade school when that happened, for christ's sake. And what "narrative" do you want to use to highlight that "accomplishment?" That he was a second round pick? That he played a handful of games in the NBA before being bounced from the league?

Honestly, I think people are afraid to take realistic stock of the current state of our program sometimes.
We could always throw in there that Rak hooked up with Michael Jordan's SU graduate daughter. Certainly that was an SU perk for Rak...lol

They don't fire the team generally, that's how you change it. Jim must go, finish next year and go!
Give him the big sendoff. but send him off !!!!
JB needs to go after this season and if Buddy transferred...oh well. Change needs to be swift so that we don't lose out on the best available coach.

As you look around the country there are some really good young coaches. The kid at Oklahoma State is from Brooklyn. The coach at Butler gets his kids to play hard and great man to man defense. Butler is up 15 against Villanova. Say what you want, but Hurley has the UCONN program going in the right direction. They play a fun style and get after you on defense. SU will have choices. They just need to be willing to look outside the program. Anyone on the current staff or even Hopkins would not excite me. I don’t want a coach who‘s not willing to play something besides zone defense. That’s all Hopkins is playing and I doubt Autry or GMAC has any idea how to coach man defense.

JB needs to go after this season and if Buddy transferred...oh well. Change needs to be swift so that we don't lose out on the best available coach.

I don't want Buddy to transfer if he wants to play a fifth season.

But I think JB has overstayed his welcome.

Buddy is good enough to be an important player for the next coach, if he decides to stick around.

One season as a swan song, then let's get on to the future.

As you look around the country there are some really good young coaches. The kid at Oklahoma State is from Brooklyn. The coach at Butler gets his kids to play hard and great man to man defense. Butler is up 15 against Villanova. Say what you want, but Hurley has the UCONN program going in the right direction. They play a fun style and get after you on defense. SU will have choices. They just need to be willing to look outside the program. Anyone on the current staff or even Hopkins would not excite me. I don’t want a coach who‘s not willing to play something besides zone defense. That’s all Hopkins is playing and I doubt Autry or GMAC has any idea how to coach man defense.
Im good with Hop or Red. If Gmac got the job id start rooting for Georgetown:)

From what I’ve seen and from their understanding of the game, GMAC may be the best of the three. People complaining about GMAC is based on what? Hop proved during JB’s nine game suspension that he stumbled and he’s shown very little the last two years at Washington. Autry has no history of his coaching ability. When has he brought in a top 15 recruit. If this shows anything, I think it’s best to look elsewhere.

From what I’ve seen and from their understanding of the game, GMAC may be the best of the three. People complaining about GMAC is based on what? Hop proved during JB’s nine game suspension that he stumbled and he’s shown very little the last two years at Washington. Autry has no history of his coaching ability. When has he brought in a top 15 recruit. If this shows anything, I think it’s best to look elsewhere.
????? Red is by far our best recruiter now. What has G-mac done to be even close to the discussion with the other two. Nothing.

Key phrase 'of the three'. If the program is handed to Gerry, well let's just say that would be something. Historically weak decision in my view.

The GMac hate being spewed in this thread makes me sick. It’s one thing to say you’re not sure he’s ready or something to that effect but the comments... how can you call yourselves Syracuse fans? Or maybe you’re just not.

Was this a thread on Donovan Clingan recruiting or how much hate people have the coaching at Syracuse?
Ha! Beat me by a second.

Fair warning folks - since this is my FIFTH warning in this thread, one more OT post and the thread gets a thorough cleaning. Of posts, and posters.

Thanks for making me play Bad Dad so early this morning.

Ha! Beat me by a second.

Fair warning folks - since this is my FIFTH warning in this thread, one more OT post and the thread gets a thorough cleaning. Of posts, and posters.

Thanks for making me play Bad Dad so early this morning.
Bad dad or good dad? You are establishing boundaries. That is so important for us kids. We want boundaries. We NEED boundaries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom