Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

It's not over until the fat man sings.

MV5BMTMxNDQ1MDI4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg1OTA5MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Didn't he have trouble at his last two spots? Didn't we kick 1 guy off the team and told another 2 to leave and don't look back? What are we getting into here? Going in with McLeod as our best backup has me even more worried than before.
You are the first person I have heard say that Lampkin had trouble at Colorado. From what I have read, he was a big fan favorite there and was popular with his teammates and liked by the ooaching staff as well.

He did have a bad ending at TCU and Jamie Dixon apparently told some local reporters he was lazy and uninterested in working after he got his NIL money. The TCU board says he got hurt, which was part of the problem. He lost a brother the summer before the season and lost an aunt during the season as well.

In any event, he was also a major fan favorite at TCU. And his side of the story of how things fell out in TCU is very dffferent than Dixon’s.

Here is a discussion on Lampkin on a Hoya message board earlier when they thought he was headed there.

This article says the allegations Dixon is a racist are not true and I tend to believe that. Eddie never openly accused Dixon of being a racist or even a liar and deleted his posts saying this shortly after they were posted.

I think it is pretty clear the biggest reason Eddie left TCU was to find a place where he could start and play a lot.

It think it is pretty clear the reason Eddie is leaving Colorado is to make as much money as possible from his last year of eligibility.

I have no problems with either of these reasons for transferring. Not thrilled with him apparently accepting our offer and apparently going in another direction almost immediately. But for a poor kid with no shot of making big bucks playing pro ball, I understand him wanting to maximize his last chance to make some real money. Hopefully someday soon there will be formal contracts for NIL deals and this kind of thing does away forever.

I have been told, by people that would know, that Dixon is a great guy. Not a good guy. A great guy. Doesn't really mesh with the way I have always viewed him. But I believe what I was told.
What are you being told with this latest visit Dash?

I have been told, by people that would know, that Dixon is a great guy. Not a good guy. A great guy. Doesn't really mesh with the way I have always viewed him. But I believe what I was told.
He probably is. Most successful coaches are in that they can recruit and guide young men to victories and placate their alumni base at the same time.

That said, all coaches will have some detractors within their ranks. No one should probably be concerned about 19 year old Lampkin.

I will never forget his stunned expression when Ennis beat Pitt at the buzzer. It’s one of my favorite moments in SU basketball.

You are the first person I have heard say that Lampkin had trouble at Colorado. From what I have read, he was a big fan favorite there and was popular with his teammates and liked by the ooaching staff as well.

He did have a bad ending at TCU and Jamie Dixon apparently told some local reporters he was lazy and uninterested in working after he got his NIL money. The TCU board says he got hurt, which was part of the problem. He lost a brother the summer before the season and lost an aunt during the season as well.

In any event, he was also a major fan favorite at TCU. And his side of the story of how things fell out in TCU is very dffferent than Dixon’s.

Here is a discussion on Lampkin on a Hoya message board earlier when they thought he was headed there.

This article says the allegations Dixon is a racist are not true and I tend to believe that. Eddie never openly accused Dixon of being a racist or even a liar and deleted his posts saying this shortly after they were posted.

I think it is pretty clear the biggest reason Eddie left TCU was to find a place where he could start and play a lot.

It think it is pretty clear the reason Eddie is leaving Colorado is to make as much money as possible from his last year of eligibility..
I think this is about the ambiguous statement(s) from Lampkin himself, about how he ‘couldn’t go back to Boulder/Colorado’ or somesuch. I’ve read that a few times, and then there have been reaction posts from us that have ‘interpreted’ that in various ways, from relationship issues to conditioning related to the altitude. I still don’t know the actual reason.

Going up against his Pitt teams was so exhausting. I mean that grudgingly since he wiped the floor with us but also endearingly. He spoiled that fanbase until they ran him off to hire Kevin freaking Stallings because he wasn't going deep enough in the tourney.

Anyway, with the Lampkin stuff I'm at the point where I don't care for the slow drip of how the sausage is getting made (or not getting made). I'm all for guys getting their money and it's good that the PS is on top of it and that the staff is putting in effort, but I'd rather Red just give a quick statement on what's going on. YMMV.

Red cannot and will not make a statement on "what's going on" even if he wanted to.
“We’d love to have Eddie here, but unfortunately part of the current environment is that things can change even if you weren’t planning on it. Ultimately, Eddie has to do what he feels is best for him and we have to do what’s best for us, but we’re staying connected and will keep everyone updated.”

Done.