Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

I'm TBD on him...a few Red Flags
More than a few.
No issues with this.
But I see some promise in how these guys seem to have bonded over the summer. Lampkin was certainly a part of this and I think he will be one of the guys needed to lead the way.

Pumped for him and the team and the hope to get us back to the postseason.

More than a few.

I don’t know what folks expect anymore. It’s a new world and we have to earn our way to getting the best talent in the portal that doesn’t expect the highest price. The old days are gone.

There are a lot of big personalities with some baggage with the multiple school portal guys across the country and the expensive ones to boot.

Loyalty in college sports to where there is a true attachment to the school is simply going to become more and more rare. Meanwhile the loyalty and passion from fans and alums that drives the sport doesn’t align with this new reality. Thus every kid like Eddie there is going to be some inherent bias and “flags”.

Last edited:
No issues with this.
But I see some promise in how these guys seem to have bonded over the summer. Lampkin was certainly a part of this and I think he will be one of the guys needed to lead the way.

Pumped for him and the team and the hope to get us back to the postseason.

One thing I really like is that he seems to have dropped 20-30 pounds in anticipation of this upcoming season. I think he knows that this is "his shot", and he seems to be pretty serious in his preparation. I think that bodes well for a good attitude. So does his podcast with the freshman sharpshooter who is likely to be about the 9th man. They clearly are having fun together.

What red flags are there with Lampkin?

He’s different being a big social media presence and then running his own business while being a student athlete ( being a student and running a business is hardly unusual having done it myself with family business while on the hill). He also had a high price tag to come here ( reminding all he is a Texas kid who was figuring to stay closer to home so that’s not all that crazy) and had some disagreements with Dixon at TCU.

So far since being here he’s worked hard and shedded weight, engaged with the community and clearly has connected well with his teammates if you follow all the social media stuff, and seems to be trying to plant roots with a business. He’s also had great things to say about the SU community.

Eddie is a force of personality - and in an environment with veterans focused on one goal can be a great positive influence & energy. Place him on last year's team, and I don't think it ends well.

Agree that he seems to know this is his last shot, and is making the most of it so far. Hope it translates on the court.

Eddie is a force of personality - and in an environment with veterans focused on one goal can be a great positive influence & energy. Place him on last year's team, and I don't think it ends well.

Agree that he seems to know this is his last shot, and is making the most of it so far. Hope it translates on the court.

The new normal is hate the game tolerate the playa…