Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Maliq played center better than Lampkin did!

I’m not here to insult Maliq or talk down about him.

For years we’ve been horrible on the defensive glass and outmatched down low. The staff’s clearly seeking size with the skills to put the ball in the basket.

The size we currently have, Naheem, is a liability. I dont see the downside of taking a true 5 with size.

Because he’s worse at everything than the guy he’s replacing if he comes. The height and weight mean nothing. He blocked 5 shots on the year, had worse defensive metrics, and turns the ball over at the rate of a PG.
This simply is not true. I agree Lampkin does not address the defensive concerns in any way, but he's inarguably a better rebounder and is someone you can run the offense through if needed.

I’m not here to insult Maliq or talk down about him.

For years we’ve been horrible on the defensive glass and outmatched down low. The staff’s clearly seeking size with the skills to put the ball in the basket.

The size we currently have, Naheem, is a liability. I dont see the downside of taking a true 5 with size.
This guy is worse defensively. Significantly so.

This simply is not true. I agree Lampkin does not address the defensive concerns in any way, but he's inarguably a better rebounder and is someone you can run the offense through if needed.
Lampkin is a finished product. Brown isn’t. Check the turnover rate. It’s terrible.

The Lampkin recruitment excitement by some here reeks of the football board under Dino when people would get excited about a 3 star defensive end that commits to us after only being recruited by Hofstra and Central Michigan.

Last edited:
The Lampkin recruitment excitement by some here reeks of the football board under Dino when people would get excited about a 3 star defensive end that commits to us that was only being recruited by Hofstra and Central Michigan.
I get that you're the president of the Anti Lampkin fan club, but he played very well in the tourney for Colorado. I'm not saying I'd rather have him than Brown, but Brown is not and never will be a true 5, he's a 4/5 hybrid. Freeman is an upgrade over Brown on offense big time. And Lampkin is a massive upgrade over anyone not named Brown at the 5, but also brings physicality that brown simply wasn't capable of. To compare a highly coveted transfer to a football player with Hofstra offers is hilarious. It's more comical than those that think Lampkin is the next Big Baby Davis.

This guy is worse defensively. Significantly so.
I don’t have anything besides messages on the forum to definitively say he’s a Brown replacement.

One thing that was clear last year is Naheem wasn’t an answer.

I don’t have information on why Maliq left, as a matter of fact I was told he had decided to stay. I can see, because of that, why many believe Red’s picking player x over Maliq, but I just don’t want to speculate on it.

Id love to keep Maliq, but I see this potential addition is bringing in more production at the 5 and allowing 4’s to be 4’s.

Its been 84 years since I've seen a Syracuse center post up and score. Yes please

19TITANIC-ANNIVERSARY-top-jumbo.jpg

The Lampkin recruitment excitement by some here reeks of the football board under Dino when people would get excited about a 3 star defensive end that commits to us after only being recruited by Hofstra and Central Michigan.
Except this kid is wanted by Texas and Houston. What reeks is the groupthink after one person started hammering his defense. If Houston wants him, hmm, I don’t know, I recall they like to play defense. The kid isn’t Zach Edey, but he will give us offense and rebounding at the least. And he is a 5, I wish Brown was staying, I love the kid, but he isn’t a 5

He was the starting center (and legit center at that) on a team that made the NCAA tournament. Not to mention he played extremely well in those tournament games. He brings what we have been lacking for years. Having him with Naheem as the backup sounds good to me. Now let’s get the guard situation figured out in the portal as well as a wing player for depth.

Your hatred of Lampkin could solve the energy crisis (and you might not be wrong!)

Really? Because he just started on a team that played in the NCAA tournament. Something that we haven't done in a while. And he scored well. He averaged more pts a game than Brown did while getting about the same in rebounds. They spoke glowingly about him at Colorado. I like Brown but we aren't losing Melo. He could have stayed. is it your contension that we shouldn't have done anything in the portal that would cause Brown to leave? Because Donovan C isn't coming here. We are getting who we can get. And I'm going to think that a guy that does this for his living knows more about the game than internet posters.

Quick watched the highlights.
I like his skillet.
Probably an upgrade skill wise, maybe a downgrade athletically.
Exciting prospect.
Hope it works out.
Welcome to the new normal.

it's just weird to me how some people are framing this in such absolutes - like, Brown portalling and Lampkin coming means Red decided to trade one for the other, and, if you're generally in favor of Lampkin coming it means you're being disrespectful or downplaying Brown.

As with some many things on here that people get worked up about - it really is possible to go with "and" and not just "either/or"

It sucks Maliq is leaving AND Lampkin could be a boon for us, at least on offense

Lampkin is a finished product. Brown isn’t. Check the turnover rate. It’s terrible.

To be fair his block and turnover numbers were better when he was at TCU while playing a healthy 21/22 mins/game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom