Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

I would think the play here is to get a center who is skilled enough and athletic enough to also play some at PF.

For center, I would prioritize shot blocking, rebounding and overall defense over ability to score. With Bell, JJ, Westry, Freeman and hopefully a couple of experienced portal guys, we should have enough scorers.

If we do this, McLeod is the backup C. Or Patterson if McLeod also leaves.

Westry plays some 1, 2 and 3.

Bring in a PG who is pass first, has a very good assist to turnover ratio. is good at pushing the ball/playing fast and is very good on defense.

That is our starter at PG. That Carlos guy out of Hofstra would be a great add for us IMHO.

Do all that and I like our team.
Lampkin is not a player who blocks shots or is quick on defense. Seems to be a guy that can take up space, score, offensive rebound play about 25 minutes a game. He seemed thiner and quicker at TCU, get him in that kind of shape again he will be a force.

I do think the comparison to Burns is apt. He even imporved his output in the tournament the way Burns did.

NC St plays a shot blocker next to Burns who doesn't score much. We will have Freeman, who I don't think you can count on defensively because most freshmen take a while to adjust defensively. McLeod will help here, but Freeman is going to have to sit sometimes and Lampkin and McLeod can't play together.

Ideally we will bring in another power forward who can defend at a high level and block some shots. But it's going to be hard to recruit a back up to a McDonald's all American.

How Red solves this problem will determine how much I, personally, like our roster construction at the C and PF position.

Forget about who we lost. If we have Lampkin, McLeod, Freeman, and a vet PF who can give us some decent minutes I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I worry he would of broken most of our Centers and forwards in half this past year.
We should be welcoming him at the airport today, lol

Eddie Lmapkin would hype me up. He’s a very selfless player but has a lot of skill, and when gets it going he really does get the people going.

I honestly have not seen him play enough to comment on his play.

The red flag in my opinion. Everyone has talked all offseason so far, about how this team was a disaster off the court. This kid has basically left on bad terms at two different schools. Interesting that after all the apparent issues we had behind the scenes we are going after a mediocre basketball player that has this history?

Idk, just find it odd. Were the rumors over exaggerated, did Red not learn his lesson, or are we playing with fire about doing the same exact thing two years in a row?

Hope they get to know the kid and it all works out. Just find it interesting, from a non skill standpoint.

Yeah, life's too short. See ya. Get out. Unfollowed on iG. No hand wringing. Let's see what Red can do.
these players today have zero loyalty and chase the cash. fine no problem. Its a dog eat dog world and i hope we just play the game correctly and keep recycling our playing cards until we get the hand we want. until this thing gets fixed thats what we have to deal with.
its why i just enjoy the one season at a time and if we happen to keep players then great.

its gonna happen in football as well. I love love love what fran brown is doing and bringing but he will also have to deal with this crap.

Except this kid is wanted by Texas and Houston. What reeks is the groupthink after one person started hammering his defense. If Houston wants him, hmm, I don’t know, I recall they like to play defense. The kid isn’t Zach Edey, but he will give us offense and rebounding at the least. And he is a 5, I wish Brown was staying, I love the kid, but he isn’t a 5
Does Houston really want him or does Houston want him like UVA wanted Taylor. Cool if you come here but you aren’t THE guy

No. I don't want to lose Malik. I am as disappointed as anyone. But I am not worked up about it. He is a very good player and from what I hear, a great, great, kid. Just the kind you want in your program. But he isn't a star. And not being the one guy on that team I didn't want to leave isn't the badge of honor you may think it is. Very unlikeable team. I think we can have a very good team next year. With or without him. I want a legit guy at every position. His position is the 4. Not the 5. And from what I see, we have a very good 4 coming in. I think Brown sees that as well.
It seems not, but perhaps explaining this a 10th time will get it through to some of these folks. If not maybe try 14 font.

Perfect example as to why this place is borderline toxic. It's always the same 10-12 posters, who don't know SH|† about hoops/football/lax and simply cannot stand any level of optimism or progress. It is entirely exhausting, and I wish you all had a naysayer's board to live on.
Is it nice to pretend like people who disagree with you want the team the fail? sorry some fans are a little cautious of the coaching staffs pick for starting center after this same staff produced 1 good center in the last decade, and a year after they trotted out a roster of 4 centers, none of whom could compete in the ACC. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of talent eval

So he was in NYC last night. Now in Dallas...
View attachment 239456

And reportedly will be in Syracuse later today. Someone needs to help him with travel plans.
Look closely at the safety information flyer in the seat...a CRJ900 is a small regional plane definitely used to go from NYC to Cuse. Definitely not used to fly from NYC to Dallas. His Dallag tag is definitely a smokescreen, instagram lets you tag any place. He's here

Look closely at the safety information flyer in the seat...a CRJ900 is a small regional plane definitely used to go from NYC to Cuse. Definitely not used to fly from NYC to Dallas. His Dallag tag is definitely a smokescreen, instagram lets you tag any place. He's here
He could be going through Atlanta on a CRJ9

Lampkin isn’t exactly the brightest bulb. I can see him budding heads with teammates. He can score in the post, for sure. That is a plus. But, he doesn’t help us at all in the rim defense dept. We may have to play more zone and hope donnie and whoever can help with blocked shots.
*butting - if you're going to baselessly judge someone's intelligence, at least use spell check

If we add Lampkin, is Estrella still an option? He could come here to do what Maliq apparently didn’t want to - back up both the 4 and 5. Might still be more time than he sees at Tennessee, and he could be the starting 5 the following year (or the starting 4 if Freeman is as advertised and is one-and-done).

If we add Lampkin, is Estrella still an option? He could come here to do what Maliq apparently didn’t want to - back up both the 4 and 5. Might still be more time than he sees at Tennessee, and he could be the starting 5 the following year (or the starting 4 if Freeman is as advertised and is one-and-done).
I doubt Estrella comes here to come off the bench

Estrella stays at Tenn imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom