Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Additionally the football team is currently 0-0.

Interesting how the message on the basketball board is “be patient, just wait and see what happens”

While the football board is counting wins that haven’t happened
I’m not counting wins yet. No idea if Fran can coach. But that wasn’t the argument. The AD was being blamed for Lampkin taking more $.

/
Correct me if I’m wrong but you can’t “flip” someone who never entered the portal. Hop was fired before the portal closed so that loophole is closed
You are correct on Kepnang. I thought he had entered the portal but then said he would return. My mistake. How about go get Danny Wolff or Vlad Goldin? It’s absurd that Michigan landed two top centers from the portal. They both can’t start there. Now that we have unused NIL money, let’s try to poach one of them and we can now promise a starting position. Admittedly I’m grasping at straws here. But apparently none of these portal commitments are iron clad.

We should’ve offered 750 for another player, not Lampkin. Reeks of desperation on our part. Oh well.
Of course it's desperation. The sky is blue. But Cusefan0307, if you were going to act out of desperation, this is the time. It may hurt us in our quest for another guard or forward or both but we have to have a center.

*all* other sports are doing well?

Where do we sit in the grand scheme of things?

How much of football right now is Fran vs JW?

Don’t mistake some hope brought by Fran with some perceived systemic achievement by JW
Fran is building a program. You have to be myopic or are choosing to be myopic not to be able to see that. And he’s doing it the right way. It’s not about counting wins before they happen. It’s about a systematic overhaul in the way things were being done Football wise, from recruiting to conditioning to coaching to player management to program management. The change is obvious if you’re paying attention, and it’s what needs to be seen in order to see improvement on the field long term.

I’m not counting wins yet. No idea if Fran can coach. But that wasn’t the argument. The AD was being blamed for Lampkin taking more $.

That might be one of the craziest things on here ever and I once saw a post about a dude looking for a refund from a witch on a failed love spell

I'm sure it is possible but I don't think I could disagree with a post more. I guess if you said Danny Hurley should be put up for sainthood, that would be a possibility.
I think he was just joking quoting my money ball reference.

In a sport with only 5 guys on the court, there’s a lot of leverage just one guy can have.

Sometimes it’s just gonna cost.

It seems we have been inching our way to playing 3 guard 2 big forward lineups for a while now (since Jessie left anyway). Any chance this puts those plans into overdrive? If we have 4 guys on the court that can rebound at all times, it could work.

Of course it's desperation. The sky is blue. But Cusefan0307, if you were going to act out of desperation, this is the time. It may hurt us in our quest for another guard or forward or both but we have to have a center.

Yes better to be looking for one spot than two. Also we have a lot of options at guard but not many at center without Eddie. I’d still like another guard though.

Does anyone look back and say "look at who they played?" Maybe for a year, then it goes into the books as a season with a bowl game. No one cares about the schedule after the season is over. Our bar as a program was bowl games and an occasional 7-8 win season. That has been said many times on this board and we have been accomplishing that as often as we were not. JW is the one who fired Dino and decided bowl games just aren't enough. He made a bold move that looks to have paid off immensely. You can't say football has not won a game yet and then say women's hoops will not be as good next year. Both are projections.

Edit- I also never said football has been "good." I said they have had decent seasons throughout the last 6 years.
Correct bar is bowl games we have 1 since wildhack has been the AD and he also extended babers for 4 years more… so keep saying how the football team was mid not “bad” and tell me JW has done great

*all* other sports are doing well?

Where do we sit in the grand scheme of things?

How much of football right now is Fran vs JW?

Don’t mistake some hope brought by Fran with some perceived systemic achievement by JW
Strange take. Whether you like it or not, the ADJW hired Fran and did what was needed for Fran to pull in the staff he needed. Yeah no wins tallied yet but there's excitement by the fans so, so far, so good. By the way football is more than Fran at the moment also. People short shrift ERob and Nick Williams also but based on your view Fran should not get credit for bringing those 2 alpha recruiters in. Not throwing shade your way, just think you're take is off base.

You have 19 messages here. I don't know where you heard that but I heard that as well. I don't know if it is true or if it is possible but I am including it in my nightly prayers.
Maybe I’m just trying to find a way to get into your secret group you talked about before

Meaning...maybe it won't come to that. If and when I can say more, I will say more.
Say Less Kelsey Grammer GIF by Paramount+

C’mon people this guy is not the second coming of Bill Walton at UCLA, everyone is acting like he averaged 20 and 10. There are still replacements to be gotten, we don’t know how much McLeod will progress, I can see why head coaches wanna become assistants, why K, JB, Roy, Saben, Wright retired. Maybe Dabo and Izzo are doing it right. I don’t blame Red, it’s just the way it is. Normally I would wish any young man well, but since he was never Orange, I just move on. We will be fine

I can’t believe we have to pay this guy as much as a lot of all league players are getting. I wasn’t one who thought this guy was guaranteeing us success next year as it is. I guess we are screwed either way at this point and Red has to do what he can to ensure he sees year 3.

I can’t believe we have to pay this guy as much as a lot of all league players are getting. That’s all. I wasn’t one who thought this guy was guaranteeing us success next year as it is. I guess we are screwed either way at this point and Red has to do what he can to ensure he sees year 3.
I think (hope) we could be better than you think we can. That was before today. I just knew I should have gone to play poker today.

Is this a thing? I checked Syracuse.com and found nothing about Eddie Lampkin decommitting. I missed the evening news but checked the websites of the local stations and found nothing. I just scrolled through 20+ pages of this thread looking for confirmation and all I saw was rumors, speculation and editorials. Whatever happens is all JB's fault. Or maybe JW's.

What do we KNOW?