Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop with the money excuse. If JB thought this kid was a lock for " THE BAG" SU wouldn't be pursuing him. We have missed on a bakers dozen centers over the last few years. Most of these kids decided on another program without being paid. Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that we are not doing a good job getting top level and or B level centers to want to play for Syracuse. Lets call a spade a spade. We are struggling to land quality centers. Hopefully we land this kid.

My post that you replied to is me saying that I’m not fond of the money excuse, so we’re on the same page when it comes to that. As for our centers, that’s a whole different story since I don’t think the situation has been, or will be as dire as it’s made out to be by many. Actually think the staff has done pretty damn good considering the guys we lost out on like Stewart, and others, who were tough losses outside of our control really.

Last edited:
Exactly. You work with what you have. (That's on our coaches because they are the ones that have recruited the players and they have made public comments about our bigs this year) but we use them when we have the type of bigs that can be used. I'm sure the staff is telling him all the right things! Rak is good example to use for Frank.
I’d like to add that I think Jesse Edwards has huge upside. I really like that kid a lot. He just needs to put in the work to bulk up and get better.

I’d like to add that I think Jesse Edwards has huge upside. I really like that kid a lot. He just needs to put in the work to bulk up and get better.
I think so too. He showed some nice stuff in a limited role last year and at times I wanted to see more. For a kid that hasnt been playing the game long he has tremendous upside and his first year at cuse I'm sure was eye opening. He will be a good one for us. Gotta work hard in the weight room!

Yeah, if he changed his mind about announcing this weekend after Williams committed to Memphis, it’s not unreasonable to think UK is back in the fold.
I have it from a reliable source that there is truth to them being back in the picture. How heavily they are involved I'm not sure but they must feel the need to have an insurance policy in place in case Sarr isnt eligible immediately and then bolts overseas. Like they dont have enough talent lol. I'm not sure what the sales pitch is that would get him there If hes looking for immediate playing time but maybe hes ok with developing there and learning. Idk? Who knows what these kids want. It should be interesting to see how this plays out now. Seems to be a cuse/ku/wku deal...NOT sdsu.

Does his family live out there or was he just going to school out there? I thought his family was still in Georgia.
Yes I think the kid is from Atlanta. In prep school in the Bay Area.

Let’s be honest if he was sold on us he would of committed already we have all seen this game before...if he wants to be a Kentucky cheerleader let him go...These handlers are a cancer to the game and I wish the NCAA would propose a law not allowing them to be involved in any way, shape or form in a kids decision

Sounds like the classic recruitment where the kid wants one thing and his handler wants something different.

Let’s be honest if he was sold on us he would of committed already we have all seen this game before...if he wants to be a Kentucky cheerleader let him go...These handlers are a cancer to the game and I wish the NCAA would propose a law not allowing them to be involved in any way, shape or form in a kids decision
This is some quality content. Loaded with board 'crootin tropes.

Honestly, I work hard to come up with stuff like this, but I can tell, that one just flowed organically.

UK seems to be out unless Frank's camp is keeping it quiet for other reasons and dragging this on. But I was told that they have not reached back out to his camp.(No this info wasn't taken from another board) just not going to share where it came from.

Basically a lot of fluff and nothing of any substance. It's been fun tho...but for real If the latest rumors are true it will be hilarious if that scenario comes to fruition. It will be catastrophic board meltdown! Get the popcorn ready lol. Hopefully we pull this off and by all accounts we are in good shape.
You know how we rock it.
196kar.jpg

Yeah, that’ll work well. Let’s ban family from having any input on their decision while we’re at it! I mean, they’re just handlers anyway, right? We must do something to teach these darn kids that coming to Syracuse is in their best interest. We must save these kids!

Yeah I mean that is a city ( and a program) that is hard to feel bad in losing to all things considered. Also the kid is from Georgia but still currently in CA right ? Lot of kids trending towards being closer to family and home due to the pandemic. If CA is now his home who can blame him?

Oh, we got plenty here that can.

We need this guy. This is a make or break situation. Season's over as far as I'm concerned, if we don't land him.
Pretty sure I did that right. :)

Well done. Just missing the part about him being a benchwarmer at UK, but a star at Syracuse. And can’t forget how foolish it would be if he were to go play for those peasants at WKU, when he could be apart of basketball royalty at Syracuse, so if he does choose that inferior program, then it’s all about the Benjamins baby!

Anyway, sorry. Back to Frank. I got nothing. This recruitment has certainly been strange, so there’s really no telling where he ends up until he signs that LOI. Kid went from all SEC schools with Bama, LSU, and Georgia as his top three, to a scattered group all over the USA. We got Cali, NY, NJ, Arkansas, and Kentucky.

At this point, I think it’s basically a guess on where he ends up. Not that I don’t believe those with sources, cause I do, but with a recruitment like this, you can be completely correct, and still end up being wrong. If ya know what I’m saying. Just hope people don’t start the negative BS towards posters who are nice enough to give us junkies some info from time to time, because it is much appreciated by 98% of us.

Last edited:
Well done. Just missing the part about him being a benchwarmer at UK, but a star at Syracuse. And can’t forget how foolish it would be if he were to go play for those peasants at WKU, when he could be apart of basketball royalty at Syracuse, so if he does choose that inferior program, then it’s all about the Benjamins baby!

Anyway, sorry. Back to Frank. I got nothing. This recruitment has certainly been strange, so there’s really no telling where he ends up until he signs that LOI. Kid went from all SEC schools with Bama, LSU, and Georgia as his top three, to a scattered group all over the USA. We got Cali, NY, NJ, Arkansas, and Kentucky.

At this point, I think it’s basically a guess on where he ends up. Not that I don’t believe those with sources, cause I do, but with a recruitment like this, you can be completely correct, and still end up being wrong. If ya know what I’m saying. Just hope people don’t start the negative BS towards posters who are nice enough to give us junkies some info from time to time, because it is much appreciated by 98% of us.
I like this humor, the Western Kentucky Peasants. No royalty down that way, they’re nitty gritty and proud of it. Shoot, they could change their nickname from the Hilltoppers (both the SU and WKU campuses are high on a hill).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom