Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose out to SDSU, then so be it. Tough to blame him if that’s what he chooses, but I feel good that 20+ feels good.

Agreed on both counts. These are strange times -- a kid opting to stick "close" to home / remain in California weather should come as no surprise.

Happy to see that 20plus feels confident. Good sign [but nothing more than that] -- we'll see how it unfolds.

Agreed on both counts. These are strange times -- a kid opting to stick "close" to home / remain in California weather should come as no surprise.

Happy to see that 20plus feels confident. Good sign [but nothing more than that] -- we'll see how it unfolds.
I know you said ‘close’ but I live about 45 minutes from Napa and Napa to San Diego is about a 10 hour drive. Maybe more depending on Bay Area and LA area traffic.

I know you said ‘close’ but I live about 45 minutes from Napa and Napa to San Diego is about a 10 hour drive. Maybe more depending on Bay Area and LA area traffic.
Does his family live out there or was he just going to school out there? I thought his family was still in Georgia.

I can say I absolutely loved San Diego when I visited. Totally understandable if someone wants to spend their time there.

Yeah I mean that is a city ( and a program) that is hard to feel bad in losing to all things considered. Also the kid is from Georgia but still currently in CA right ? Lot of kids trending towards being closer to family and home due to the pandemic. If CA is now his home who can blame him?

I'm pretty sure sdsu is not one of the finalist. Its us and well let's just say there is some other possibilities. Things could get interesting and the board would lose their minds :) but I'm sticking with orange and the feeling that 20plus feels good!! Close this one JB!

I'm pretty sure sdsu is not one of the finalist. Its us and well let's just say there is some other possibilities. Things could get interesting and the board would lose their minds :) but I'm sticking with orange and the feeling that 20plus feels good!! Close this one JB!
I have a feeling we might be mad at Kentucky the longer this plays out

I lived in San Diego about 18 years ago, one of my favorite cities. I absolutely loved the place and didn't want to move but life happened. However, I wouldn't want to live there now, as my priorities are different thanks to my two little ones but it's a great place. Also, I live in Tampa currently so that ain't half bad.

That all said, we are talking college. College!! I mean, come on man... this is a young guy who clearly has nba aspirations. If you're a 16 or 17 year old who is striving for the best in your profession, you don't concern yourself much with location - it's about opportunity.

Okay, got to get back to beer drinking - see you fools tomorrow -

The Shapiro guy is nothing more than a clout chaser. He basically quote tweeted a interview from a week ago like it's news. SDSU doesn't really have any reliable news breakers, we used to have couple good rivals guys but they moved on. I suppose Mark Zeigler is one who occasionally gets the news from the coaches. In all likelihood if he commits to san diego state it'll either be announced by frank or one national guy will get ahold of it before hand.

I’d bet money on deandre williams going to Memphis but hopefully cuse has closeD the door here before you know who can get back involved.

I was typing that and didn’t even realize he committed to Memphis an hour ago. So yeah point stand Lol

See, now that’s an argument for why kids should come here that I can get behind. Much more so than the we’re the superior program, so it must be the money argument.
Stop with the money excuse. If JB thought this kid was a lock for " THE BAG" SU wouldn't be pursuing him. We have missed on a bakers dozen centers over the last few years. Most of these kids decided on another program without being paid. Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that we are not doing a good job getting top level and or B level centers to want to play for Syracuse. Lets call a spade a spade. We are struggling to land quality centers. Hopefully we land this kid.

The Shapiro guy is nothing more than a clout chaser. He basically quote tweeted a interview from a week ago like it's news. SDSU doesn't really have any reliable news breakers, we used to have couple good rivals guys but they moved on. I suppose Mark Zeigler is one who occasionally gets the news from the coaches. In all likelihood if he commits to san diego state it'll either be announced by frank or one national guy will get ahold of it before hand.
It appears his big scoop was just lifting an interview from a real journalist word for word and trying to pass it off as something he did. He must have been warned about it because he added posts ‘clarifying’ where the quotes actually came from.

Then someone asked what the big scoop was then, to which he said Frank was going to verbal tonight or this weekend (just repeating info from the quotes he stole). Then Zags posts Frank is not making his choice this weekend.

What a complete disaster and humiliation. LOL.

The LA to San Diego portion of that trip is highly variable. Traffic is a beyotch. My quickest trip was 1 hour, 45 minutes. My longest was 5 hours. Average during the day is prolly around 4 and change.

San Diego is wonderful, weather-wise, but I preferred Los Angeles. Either way, I will be retiring in either. That said, though, college is only a few years. You go where you need to go. I have no doubt a Syracuse basketball experience dwarfs a SDState deal. Dome, Cameron, Dean, Yum? Come on.

20plus has sources and is legit. I think you would be wise to believe what he says.

Anselem has a reported 7’5 wing span.

Here are some other SU big guys wing spans for comparison:

Pascal Chukwu: 7’8
Bourama Sidibe 7’3
Jesse Edwards 7’1
Oshae Brissett 6’11
Update:

Tyler Lydon 7’0

This thread has really evolved over the last 20 pages
Basically a lot of fluff and nothing of any substance. It's been fun tho...but for real If the latest rumors are true it will be hilarious if that scenario comes to fruition. It will be catastrophic board meltdown! Get the popcorn ready lol. Hopefully we pull this off and by all accounts we are in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom