Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. We are clearly in plan C mode.

I guess Carrigan isn't expected to qualify, because somebody like him seems like a much, much better fit for what we actually need.

We either have no interest in recruiting a grad transfer or don’t have a good feel about the available grad transfers.

My issue is this locks up the center position for several years and still leaves us without a top flight center. Just shows what JB thinks of Sidibe.

Sidibe was a talented kid in high school, maybe better than Rick Jackson.
I hope he can get his health back next year.

Sidibe was a talented kid in high school, maybe better than Rick Jackson.
I hope he can get his health back next year.
Yeah, he’s has shown tiny(and I stress tiny) glimpses of what he’s capable of. He has made a couple low post moves over the last couple years that we havent seen in a long time from our bigs. He’s definitely not a defender like PC, but I think he’s got potential to at least be a serviceable offensive big. Makes me wonder what kind of improvement he could make if he was fully healthy.

I hadn’t considered the Brian Nash-Allen Griffin connection but this makes sense.

Pass on the string bean

We need a good old fashioned fat dude like MSU has three of every year .. we can’t get one,?
Or at least a wide body with extra long reach like Otis Hill

Great. Looks like Marek could muscle him under the boards.
I think the plan is to fit them both into one uniform to make a full-size center.
1553615052921.jpeg

Yeah, he’s has shown tiny(and I stress tiny) glimpses of what he’s capable of. He has made a couple low post moves over the last couple years that we havent seen in a long time from our bigs. He’s definitely not a defender like PC, but I think he’s got potential to at least be a serviceable offensive big. Makes me wonder what kind of improvement he could make if he was fully healthy.
If is the operative question. Lets hope he gets better but don't count on it. Tendonitis is Chronic. Its not like a break, ACL, or sprain.

If this kid is Plan C then what do we care. Plan C doesn’t mean a kid who slipped through the cracks and fell into our lap like Rony Seikaly. It means a kid we were aware of that we looked at and had far down the list and would only offer if desperate. Plan C’s don’t end up being contributors. Mind you, I didn’t say he was plan C but I think I read it from somebody here.

If is the operative question. Lets hope he gets better but don't count on it. Tendonitis is Chronic. Its not like a break, ACL, or sprain.
Unfortunately, dealing with it myself, and your so very right. Rest...feels great...play a few days in a row...hurts...repeat!

If this kid is Plan C then what do we care. Plan C doesn’t mean a kid who slipped through the cracks and fell into our lap like Rony Seikaly. It means a kid we were aware of that we looked at and had far down the list and would only offer if desperate. Plan C’s don’t end up being contributors. Mind you, I didn’t say he was plan C but I think I read it from somebody here.
he was not a "plan c" by that definition. he was a late discovery, didn't even begin playing in the us until december.

he was not a "plan c" by that definition. he was a late discovery, didn't even begin playing in the us until december.
I agree with this. But plan C is exactly that definition. I don’t think he is a plan C.

I have no idea about this recruit honestly, reading so many different views. People saying he plays for the JV team? Some say he has a lot of skill, some are underwhelmed. I guess we simply have to trust the staff. But we can all agree this isn’t the type of recruit that will come in day 1 and change our low post presence right?

I have no idea about this recruit honestly, reading so many different views. People saying he plays for the JV team? Some say he has a lot of skill, some are underwhelmed. I guess we simply have to trust the staff. But we can all agree this isn’t the type of recruit that will come in day 1 and change our low post presence right?

I think that is fair.

Both JBA and Edwards have interesting offensive skills. Edwards might even end up being a 4, depending on how things develop.

Both of them might be pretty good players, possibly multi-year starters. But I don't know that either of them moves the needle next appreciably year. That shouldn't stop the coaching staff from bringing those guys in, it just means that there's more pressure on Sidibe to bounce back to nail down the hole at 5 next year.

I think that is fair.

Both JBA and Edwards have interesting offensive skills. Edwards might even end up being a 4, depending on how things develop.

Both of them might be pretty good players, possibly multi-year starters. But I don't know that either of them moves the needle next appreciably year. That shouldn't stop the coaching staff from bringing those guys in, it just means that there's more pressure on Sidibe to bounce back to nail down the hole at 5 next year.
I have no faith in sidibe currently, but please for the love of god I hope he shuts me up! I just think that position is such an Achilles heal to this team next year. We need SOMETHING down there on offense to make the court open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom