Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures or it didn't happen.
Screenshot_20190402-091217_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190402-090148_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190402-090242_Twitter.jpg

I’m content to see some program building.

Provided this kid is likely to turn into a solid player at some point.

Some folks here thinking that 1 grad transfer is going to turnaround the likely miserable season we have coming next year.

Some folks here thinking that 1 grad transfer is going to turnaround the likely miserable season we have coming next year.

Likely miserable season? Based on what?

Likely miserable season? Based on what?

Umm...are you serious? We have lost 13+ games for 5 straight seasons and haven't finished the regular season in the top 25 in that same time. Going into next year with giant question marks at PG and C at a minimum.

Umm...are you serious? We have lost 13+ games for 5 straight seasons and haven't finished the regular season in the top 25 in that same time. Going into next year with giant question marks at PG and C at a minimum.
Perhaps it was the word "likely"? Arguing semantics here, but it's not likely that all of Jalen, Brycen, JGIII, or Howard are unable to step up. There is that possibility.

It isn't likely that Sidibe doesn't get healthy, but is a possibility.

We have so many unknowns, that you can't say for sure we're going to have a miserable season. There is that possibility though.

Ummm...I am serious. We've been to the FF twice and a Sweet 16 in the the last 5-6 years as well. I don't care much about Top 25 rankings, especially in the regular season.

I expect Jalen Carey to step up and be better than Howard was, Buddy to continue to get better, One-Trick Pony Hughes to get even better, Dolejaz to get better, and Sidibe, if healthy, to be better. I think Oshae comes back better. I'm excited to see what Guerrier, JBA and Girard can do. Other than experience, I don't think we lost a whole lot at PG and Center.

I think we get Edwards too. ;-)

Sorry, but I'm optimistic.

Ummm...I am serious. We've been to the FF twice and a Sweet 16 in the the last 5-6 years as well. I don't care much about Top 25 rankings, especially in the regular season.

I expect Jalen Carey to step up and be better than Howard was, Buddy to continue to get better, One-Trick Pony Hughes to get even better, Dolejaz to get better, and Sidibe, if healthy, to be better. I think Oshae comes back better. I'm excited to see what Guerrier, JBA and Girard can do. Other than experience, I don't think we lost a whole lot at PG and Center.

I think we get Edwards too. ;-)

Sorry, but I'm optimistic.

I assumed that all 5 starters that returned this year would get better too. I assumed wrong.

I assumed that all 5 starters that returned this year would get better too. I assumed wrong.

Doesn’t mean they won’t this year, or that we will likely have a miserable season.

Doesn’t mean they won’t this year, or that we will likely have a miserable season.

Well you can be overly optimistic and likely be disappointed and I'll look at it like most here are and will be happy if I end up pleasantly surprised.

His official visit should be over. If we don’t hear anything in the next 24 hours we can probably assume he’s not committing. I doubt SU will wait too long for a decision.

Well you can be overly optimistic and likely be disappointed and I'll look at it like most here are and will be happy if I end up pleasantly surprised.

I don't think it's overly optimistic to expect young players to improve. We keep winning 20 games and making the NCAA's, so I'm not disappointed. You can be overly pessimistic and expect gloom and doom, but that's up to you.

There's better news: We're 274th in rebounding and our 7'2 center is leaving.:cool:

So how we looking here? I think we have at least a 50% chance at landing this kid right? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.