Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this doesn’t mean that we get either Akok, or Quincy and not both. You may have Akok as a big or Quincy as a guard. Though one is better than none. Absolutely need one of them but just add those two and the class is gravy. It would make not getting another center easier. But, I think we end up with Dimon.
From what I have read here, Girard is the only guard on the board. Which means Guerrier would be the second one.

guards - goodine & jgiii
forwards - akok & guerrier
centers - jba & ???
Excuse the brain freeze. FWIW, I would prefer Guerrier as the second guard. He is listed as a 2G on some of the recruiting sites.

I'm excited to see what this kid can do this season. He is lean but has a solid frame and base, more so than the guys we compare him to in BMK and Chewy. Not really a good Cuse comparison to use for him yet. I like the leadership comment and how vocal he seems to be on D. Those are things maturity wise that are a huge asset that help young players who might be still developing as basketball players but mentally are strong.

I'm excited to see what this kid can do this season. He is lean but has a solid frame and base, more so than the guys we compare him to in BMK and Chewy. Not really a good Cuse comparison to use for him yet. I like the leadership comment and how vocal he seems to be on D. Those are things maturity wise that are a huge asset that help young players who might be still developing as basketball players but mentally are strong.

I always think of the 5 at SU's zone to be like the middle linebacker in football, making the right calls and getting teammates into the right position. Baye was great at that.

I always think of the 5 at SU's zone to be like the middle linebacker in football, making the right calls and getting teammates into the right position. Baye was great at that.

Yup. Hop didn't call Baye "The Matrix" for nothing.
Dude was awesome anchoring our D, making the right reads and calls, moving other guys around, calling out screens, switches, etc.

Ak Ak. As in an anti aircraft battery (shot blocker). Or Ajax. Giant Greek warrior, hopefully bearing gifts. Working too hard can give you a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack. Taking the rest of the day off.

So we certainly need to add more to this class but it's kids like this who help to fill out the roster with quality and help maintain a strong team vs just a collection of players. We have had a lot of luck with guys off other teams radar due to injury or just a lack of exposure. There is a lot to like about this very well rounded young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.