Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
you literally do not know what you are talking about

i have n
1551735806753.jpeg

Because that's exactly what he said. :rolleyes:
He is taking the point being debated and spinning it to sanctions.
So I posted the meme I did in response to that point my point had to do with the fact Dolezaj and Sidibe can’t be the only Cs next year unless JBA can be player on the bench.
As Dolezaj can’t physically hold up as the starting C. He is 180 pounds and playing out of position when he is in the middle.

I don't think this is entirely fair - If I remember correctly, Moqui was one of the few posters that suggested JB should've been fired because of the latest sanctions.

I think the sanctions definitely hurt us - how much is up for discussion. IMO it hurt us a lot more than you think it did.
Of course the sanctions hurt us.
I never said they didn’t. I have said the excuse of sanctions has been overstated because the scholarships which were the biggest penalty didn’t matter as much because JB for the previous decade didn’t use all 13 scholarships on players and typically used 1-2 on walkons/projects.

Now Dasher has argued the coaches on the road restriction was just as big and I concede that is a fair argument. It’s not a 100% fact but atleast it’s a take that isn’t just ignoring the fact that JB didn’t use all 13 scholarships on players and he is a poster who tells it the way he sees it.

Last edited:
this is what they were saying about jba 18 months ago, before his injury. he fell down the rankings due to lack of visibility, not lack of talent:

2019 4-star power forward John Bol Ajak is one of the best two way power forwards in his class. He is one of the top players in Pennsylvania and has heavy interest from top programs such as Syracuse, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and Philadelphia basketball power house Villanova. Ajak is the no.4 player in Pennsylvania, no.17 among power forwards, and 79th ranked prospect in 2019 by 2-4-7. He was also the no.1 ranked power forward in the east by Scout. He is quick and strong inside he reminds me of former Villanova legend Daniel Ochefu with more athleticism.

Last edited:
this is what they were saying about jba 18 months ago, before his injury. he fell down the rankings due to lack of visibility, not lack of talent:

2019 4-star power forward John Bol Ajak is one of the best two way power forwards in his class. He is one of the top players in Pennsylvania and has heavy interest from top programs such as Syracuse, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and Philadelphia basketball power house Villanova. Ajak is the no.4 player in Pennsylvania, no.17 among power forwards, and 79th ranked prospect in 2019 by 2-4-7. He was also the no.1 ranked power forward in the east by Scout. He is quick and strong inside he reminds me of former Villanova legend Daniel Ochefu with more athleticism.

Pay careful attention to the use of the word "forward". This kid isn't a center by trade.

One thing is for sure, he’s been really working on his game and body from everything I’ve seen on his social media accounts. Not sure he will be ready Year 1 to contribute but I’ve been impressed with how hard he’s been working in the gym and weight room
even his detractors have to like his work ethic

even his detractors have to like his work ethic

Yes, but - Kaleb Joseph had an excellent work ethic too.

(I’m not a “JBA detractor” - just pointing out that hard work is only one determinant of future college success, and not sufficient on its own)

He seems to have some nice offensive skills.
As long as he’s not a matador on D, he could end up being a better version of TT.
With 100% less mommy issues. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors