Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the sanctions hurt us.
I never said they didn’t. I have said the excuse of sanctions has been overstated because the scholarships which were the biggest penalty didn’t matter as much because JB for the previous decade didn’t use all 13 scholarships on players and typically used 1-2 on walkons/projects.

Now Dasher has argued the coaches on the road restriction was just as big and I concede that is a fair argument. It’s not a 100% fact but atleast it’s a take that isn’t just ignoring the fact that JB didn’t use all 13 scholarships on players and he is a poster who tells it the way he sees it.
The ships were not the biggest part. The loss of 2 coaches on the road were. Everyone else had 4 coaches on the road, going to events all over the country. We only had the two. Very tough to build relationships.

The ships were not the biggest part. The loss of 2 coaches on the road were. Everyone else had 4 coaches on the road, going to events all over the country. We only had the two. Very tough to build relationships.
I give you credit as you were the first to make this point and I think the fact JB and MH were with Team USA for these 2 summers negates this though. JB and MH couldn't recruit the events while they were in Vegas/Spain/Brazil with Coach K. Duke could get away with it because the Duke recruit$ for it$self.
Syracuse had GMac and Autry recruiting while JB and MH were with Team USA and as you have said that was a mismatch.
I think sanctions hurt us but they aren't why we haven't had a real quality PG since Ennis. Gbinije isn't a PG but the guy did the job.

I give you credit as you were the first to make this point and I think the fact JB and MH were with Team USA for these 2 summers negates this though. JB and MH couldn't recruit the events while they were in Vegas/Spain/Brazil with Coach K. Duke could get away with it because the Duke recruit$ for it$self.
Syracuse had GMac and Autry recruiting while JB and MH were with Team USA and as you have said that was a mismatch.
I think sanctions hurt us but they aren't why we haven't had a real quality PG since Ennis. Gbinije isn't a PG but the guy did the job.
There is no question in my mind that the pics hurt us very much. But that was only part of the time. There was plenty of time when we had 4 coaches in the good old USA, and only 2 could be on the road. That hurt more than the loss of ships. Which did also hurt.

Well watching him train it seems he can move around MUCH better then Sid and Chuk. That’s what frustrates me the most about our bigs it’s like they’re a day late and a dollar short always. I can see JBA becoming something over his career. He actually has an athletic foundation to build on.

Well watching him train it seems he can move around MUCH better then Sid and Chuk. That’s what frustrates me the most about our bigs it’s like they’re a day late and a dollar short always. I can see JBA becoming something over his career. He actually has an athletic foundation to build on.
talked to a guy today who would sort of know and he is very high on the kid.

Easy to forget (not saying you did in particular) sid looked to me like a 100% gem of a prospect early on.

Not sure he'll be ready next season, but I feel much better about JBA than I do about Edwards at least. Ajak appears to be very mobile and has a nice looking jumpshot. Can't really tell from highlights how natural his hands are, but if he can simply catch the ball, he could actually be a threat after he sets screens on the perimeter and that would be huge for us.

Oh damn he’s good. Just watched his up to date film.

I dont know if my head can handle all this GOOD propaganda slipping out about JBA. Everyone had me convinced he wont see the court until his RS Junior year.

Watched the entire Westtown game against national prep power, Brewster Academy. According to the announcers Brewster has a roster with D1 players even coming off the bench! Westtown has their own collection of studs including Jalen Gaffney. Gaffney was the games MVP and is heading to UConn next year. Brewster had no answer for him as he got to the rim multiple times off the dribble. He is the kind of ultra quick penetrating PG/ Shooting guard that SU would benefit from but never seems to have.

Bol Ajak had a very productive game going up against a bevy of athletes. Announcers were impressed with his game and felt he would be a very good player at the next level. He has a good face up game, he had a couple 3 pointers, nailed his free throws, and made a couple nice 15 foot mid range shots. He even had one nice play where he took the ball around the 3 pt line and dribbled in for a layup. When's the last time we've seen that from a center.

I think JBA will help SU off the bench in spot minutes from an offensive standpoint as he has a way more advanced game than what SU has seen in awhile. Don't think he will give us on the defensive end what Sidibe does and he's not the leaper kind of athlete that Sidibe is, although he is well coached and doesn't jump on every opponents ball fakes in the post.

Watched the entire Westtown game against national prep power, Brewster Academy. According to the announcers Brewster has a roster with D1 players even coming off the bench! Westtown has their own collection of studs including Jalen Gaffney. Gaffney was the games MVP and is heading to UConn next year. Brewster had no answer for him as he got to the rim multiple times off the dribble. He is the kind of ultra quick penetrating PG/ Shooting guard that SU would benefit from but never seems to have.

Bol Ajak had a very productive game going up against a bevy of athletes. Announcers were impressed with his game and felt he would be a very good player at the next level. He has a good face up game, he had a couple 3 pointers, nailed his free throws, and made a couple nice 15 foot mid range shots. He even had one nice play where he took the ball around the 3 pt line and dribbled in for a layup. When's the last time we've seen that from a center.

I think JBA will help SU off the bench in spot minutes from an offensive standpoint as he has a way more advanced game than what SU has seen in awhile. Don't think he will give us on the defensive end what Sidibe does and he's not the leaper kind of athlete that Sidibe is, although he is well coached and doesn't jump on every opponents ball fakes in the post.

sidibe is a leaper?

sidibe is a leaper?
He'll always have that one game at Pitt. The legend of that game knows no bounds. He was leaping out of the gym that day. I wish I was in attendance so I could tell my grandkids about it.

He'll always have that one game at Pitt. The legend of that game knows no bounds. He was leaping out of the gym that day. I wish I was in attendance so I could tell my grandkids about it.

Ga tech?

Easy to forget (not saying you did in particular) sid looked to me like a 100% gem of a prospect early on.
Sidibe said it himself to the PS after the tourney loss. He’s still hampered by the knee surgery/tendonitis issue, and hasn’t felt the same all year. He said he’s going to spend he off season continuing to rehab and build back strength in his knee.

Sidibe said it himself to the PS after the tourney loss. He’s still hampered by the knee surgery/tendonitis issue, and hasn’t felt the same all year. He said he’s going to spend he off season continuing to rehab and build back strength in his knee.
I hope Sidibe, Marek, Buddy, OB, Braz, and Hughes all workout hard and come back bigger and stronger next season. Sidibe, Braz, and Marek should have eating contests multiple times per day.

I hope Sidibe, Marek, Buddy, OB, Braz, and Hughes all workout hard and come back bigger and stronger next season. Sidibe, Braz, and Marek should have eating contests multiple times per day.
It’s pretty obvious when you compare our players to others, that our players are not committed to the weight room. If this is a program issue, there needs some changes made. This is not a new concern. I’m not just talking about our centers. OB, Howard, Washington, Carey and Buddy all look like they are allergic to weights. Maybe they need to work with the footballs trainer.

It’s pretty obvious when you compare our players to others, that our players are not committed to the weight room. If this is a program issue, there needs some changes made. This is not a new concern. I’m not just talking about our centers. OB, Howard, Washington, Carey and Buddy all look like they are allergic to weights. Maybe they need to work with the footballs trainer.
I don't think it's obvious at all - not every kid grows muscle mass at the same rate.
I think it's obvious that we currently have some tall skinny players. We've had many players that bulked up over their careers.

You name Brissett and not Marek? Odd...

I like what JBA brings also. We still need another one imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom