Class of 2020 - C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer

I'm liking it just knowing the coaches are still trying. Don't know anything about this kid. But if they want him he must be a good player.
maybe . . . but sometimes kids just toss out names to boost their profile

Yup. The kid has skills. Just needs to add weight. Like some kids we already know.
Having skills and being a shot block is not the same thing. Jeremy Mcneil was not overly skilled but he was a very good shot blocker especially in the press.

Sidibe is good shot blocker but not in the press...he usually fouls people

I'm liking it just knowing the coaches are still trying. Don't know anything about this kid. But if they want him he must be a good player.

But they wanted the three guys that just entered the portal and everyone seemed ok with them leaving.

Having skills and being a shot block is not the same thing. Jeremy Mcneil was not overly skilled but he was a very good shot blocker especially in the press.

Sidibe is good shot blocker but not in the press...he usually fouls people

McNeil was also like 250.

As previously mentioned, it is nice to see the staff looking to improve for next season. Still need to make an addition at the forward and/or guard spot but the center position is probably our strongest returning group.

The fact they went hard after Tape I'm guessing they feel that is not going to turn Orange so they have found a strong Plan B. They are probably not sold on any transfers with immediate eligibility beyond Tape. It also indicates that they clearly feel they have to upgrade the center position. It makes a lot of sense to me as a move for the '21-'22 season and beyond. They lose Sidibe after next season and may not have a center prospect in the junior class that will have Morgan's skills and upside. A redshirt year for a freshman that started and put up decent numbers is a huge plus. Boeheim is selective in his transfers so I have no doubt he feels this kid has high ACC potential.

Kid had some decent games vs UCLA and Providence along with some double doubles in league play. Looks like be finished the year starting but started off the bench.

Nothing to get all thar excited about but it's a kid with experience and potential.

Joshua Morgan was the Big West Defensive Player of the Year and named Honorable Mention All Big West as just a freshman. 6'11 Center. Averaged 8.4 points (62% shooting) and 6.1 rebounds. He runs the floor well and finishes with ease (dunks). Spot up mid range jumper looks solid.

Joshua Morgan was the Big West Defensive Player of the Year and named Honorable Mention All Big West as just a freshman. 6'11 Center. Averaged 8.4 points (62% shooting) and 6.1 rebounds. He runs the floor well and finishes with ease (dunks). Spot up mid range jumper looks solid.
Could he fill the Dolezaj role at PF?

Ok now I am intrigued didn't know all that.

Could he play forward for us?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom