Class of 2020 - C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer

I like that the staff is pursuing. I like his resume for defense and scoring 8 ppg as a fr.
I dont like the fact he is under 200 lbs. What is with this staffs infatuation with fielding the skinniest/lightest roster possible.? Length is great but strength and mass can be useful too

I like that the staff is pursuing. I like his resume for defense and scoring 8 ppg as a fr.
I dont like the fact he is under 200 lbs. What is with this staffs infatuation with fielding the skinniest/lightest roster possible.? Length is great but strength and mass can be useful too
He came into Long Beach at 177 and over the summer gained 16 pounds. There is strong reason to think he will continue to fill out over time. Top notch defensive player who can score and draw fouls.

I wonder if this means we think Bol Ajak or Edwards is going to develop into a forward? Maybe this guy too? That would be a lot of young centers on the roster at the same time. But JB loves having 2 shot blockers on the court together.

He came into Long Beach at 177 and over the summer gained 16 pounds. There is strong reason to think he will continue to fill out over time. Top notch defensive player who can score and draw fouls.

I wonder if this means we think Bol Ajak or Edwards is going to develop into a forward? Maybe this guy too? That would be a lot of young centers on the roster at the same time. But JB loves having 2 shot blockers on the court together.

I wonder what Derrick Coleman weighed as a frosh? Some of this weight talk is warranted and some is silly.

If you’re strong, and have the right mentality (and can play a little), you’re gonna thrive whether your 195 or 210 or 220.

This kid can play. He proved it at LBSU. Personally, I’d prefer Tape, but I will be into whomever joins the fray next year, no matter his shape, weight or height.

Having skills and being a shot block is not the same thing. Jeremy Mcneil was not overly skilled but he was a very good shot blocker especially in the press.

Sidibe is good shot blocker but not in the press...he usually fouls people
Jeremy had freakish athleticism and strength.

Mobility prioritized over strength, I get it for a zone. Just have to have all 5 players be good defensively.

This one makes very little sense to me.

I don't think you follow our team all that closely if this doesn't make sense. It fits perfectly into the design.

4 yes. 3 no.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dolezaj play more on the wing. He's got a summer to work on his shot. And that would a heck of frontline. 6-11 all the way across.

Bol Ajaks tape showed he had range. Wondering if he could legit be a 4 similar to how we used Coleman and Rak together

maybe . . . but sometimes kids just toss out names to boost their profile
Are you we’re still considered a “name” school? After some of our fan base is “excited” about the prospects of another .501 winning percentage.

Are you we’re still considered a “name” school? After some of our fan base is “excited” about the prospects of another .501 winning percentage.
1584972347760.png

He's from Sacramento.

He ain't leaving the West Coast.
We have kids from all over on our team and we used to get Cali kids like they lived next door. Don't think that's an issue.

In our system you can never have too many long athletes, if Morgan wants to play the 4 there are few schools in the country with enough size to allow him to play the 4.

In our system you can never have too many long athletes, if Morgan wants to play the 4 there are few schools in the country with enough size to allow him to play the 4.

Sure but I am guessing the staff has a view on where they want him. 5 may be more of a need, and his skillset may be more 5 than 4, for us.

He’s not what we need. We have four players on the roster over 6’10”. We definitely don’t need another one at 190 pounds.

Sure but I am guessing the staff has a view on where they want him. 5 may be m
Sure but I am guessing the staff has a view on where they want him. 5 may be more of a need, and his skillset may be more 5 than 4, for us.
He was first team all-defense as a freshmen, why reach out if we don't want him.

If you watched our defense this year we need players like him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom