Class of 2020 - C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer

Yep. See moqui's post above
Well if the Kid wants to come here and he made 1st team all defense, we SHOULD listen.

Why name drop a school you don't like...

By the time he would be eligible, Sidibe would have graduated and he would be part of a 3 man center/PF rotation. That seems attractive, especially with the stud players that would also be arriving. Distance is not a factor for some kids if it is outweighed by how their skill set would be maximized and SUs record of getting guys in the league.

Well if the Kid wants to come here and he made 1st team all defense, we SHOULD listen.

Why name drop a school you don't like...
kids do it all the time. been happening for years. it's a marketing ploy

coaches aren't allowed to speak publicly -not even to deny interest - about recruits until they have signed their loi.

kids do it all the time. been happening for years. it's a marketing ploy

coaches aren't allowed to speak publicly -not even to deny interest - about recruits until they have signed their loi.
I know and agree, but he is a 6'-11" athlete who was defensive player of the year.

So we need to reach out, if there is nothing there so be it.

the staff thinks this kid is going to blow up. Really like his upside. I think we like Tape but this wouldn't be just a plan B.
Sounds like we are not getting Tape...

from that list in Carlson's tweet, looks like all suitors are west coast except for SU, Arkansas, and USF - and he's a Cali kid - gotta wonder how likely it is he'd be willing to go east... is there maybe a connection to SU somehow?

UNC was well below .500. Still a name school?
Three things - 1) i don’t think any UNC fan was thrilled with that record. 2) they have a great infusion of talent to be excited about. 3) they were pimped by ESPN and SC regardless of performance and 4) everyone who follows college hoops could tell you that their sub 500 was a blip surrounded by top 15 seasons.

Now which of those factors favor syracuse?

Three things - 1) i don’t think any UNC fan was thrilled with that record. 2) they have a great infusion of talent to be excited about. 3) they were pimped by ESPN and SC regardless of performance and 4) everyone who follows college hoops could tell you that their sub 500 was a blip surrounded by top 15 seasons.

We didn't finish dead last in the ACC? We haven't had a losing season in 50 years. We have at least 4 starters back.

How about UCLA? Save for one Lonzo Ball season, they’ve lost 10+ games every season since ‘14-15, and even had a losing season in there.

Still a name though?

No no no. I didn't mean to imply that at all. I just wanted to make the point that this kid is thought to have great upside. That's all. You might see some real big names on him shortly.
could we take both?

So Edwards will 99% redshirt then ?

Also if we get this kid, I doubt we get Etienne

the staff thinks this kid is going to blow up. Really like his upside. I think we like Tape but this wouldn't be just a plan B.
sitting out a year & coming with 3 yrs eligibility, he would likely shut the door on etienne & maybe clingan

So Edwards will 99% redshirt then ?

Also if we get this kid, I doubt we get Etienne
I think we should get use to thinking of players in terms of 2 year players and 4 year players, and Morgan is a year in already.

if the staff's recent insistence on a campus visit holds, hard to see this coming together logistically

can't help but comment: you'll go the mat to defend unc, but throw anything negative you can find to denigrate syracuse

sitting out a year & coming with 3 yrs eligibility, he would likely shut the door on etienne & maybe clingan
Not if the one time freebie goes into effect...

Pretty good numbers for a freshman. Not much video of him, but in the team highlights, he looks like he's got a motor, active feet, a good mover, and is keen to screen and box out. Didn't see any offense from him, though.