Class of 2018 - C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters

Right now given how it sounds PC looks in the scrimmage .. we need immediate help down low next year.

But maybe Majak can rapidly improve like Sidibe did prior to getting here. The OG video is definitely worth a watch. His reactions and movements looked much better there.

Holy Hanna...this thread!

In the words of any staff member. "Please take your debate/counseling/persuasion/bullying/I don't even know anymore, to another thread. Keep this about Majak man!"

Let's all just agree to love me some Orange!!!
Looks like I picked the wrong day to go to work. Keep it about Majak and take the bickering elsewhere.

I don't know why everybody is freaking out, Boeheim only plays seven anyway.

Also, we're all going to die some day.
he has frequently used the last scholarship for a walkon and the next to last for a project

He has possibilities based on the OG mixtape (of course, mixtapes are misleading). I suspect that the staff is looking at his progress year-over-year and feel that he's coachable. Who knows if he'll be offered a scholarship. JB always seems to be on the lookout for the next BMK.

He has possibilities based on the OG mixtape (of course, mixtapes are misleading). I suspect that the staff is looking at his progress year-over-year and feel that he's coachable. Who knows if he'll be offered a scholarship. JB always seems to be on the lookout for the next BMK.

Agreed. I would be shocked if we had anything locked in before spring. I do know UConn has offered per a thread on the BY.

Does anyone know if Majur Majak is the only big we are looking at for 2018 in light of the fact that Nate went to Washington? I'm hoping there are other guys in the mix?

I don't know if this has been shared or not, but found the following combine measurements on Majur Majak:

Vertical Jump 28 inches
Lane Agility 10.16 secs
3/4 Sprint 3.37 secs

I don't know if this has been shared or not, but found the following combine measurements on Majur Majak:

Vertical Jump 28 inches
Lane Agility 10.16 secs
3/4 Sprint 3.37 secs
How do those translate?

How do those translate?

Actually not too bad:

The average NBA vertical leap is 28" (71 cm).
His 3/4 sprint is average, but his lane agility test I find hard to believe. The guy is a 7 footer and he scored 10.95 which is better than many PG prospects at the NBA combine.

Since I am predicting we land Majak, I'm trying to (cough cough) find some reasons to like him. Here is a link that explains the meaning of these measurements and where some the nba prospects scored. Certainly doesn't measure skill but he is better than I expected from an athleticism standpoint IF these measurements are accurate and not inflated to make the guy look better than he is. That does happen with many stats including height for example (a guy saying he's 6'3" when in fact he's 5'11"). And given they have him faster than PG prospects in lane agility the credibility of these measurements should be taken with a grain of skepticism. Anyhow, this is somewhat optimistic, but due to the legitimacy concerns it is not enough for me to change my opinion, but hey, at least I'm trying to find something to like. ;)

NBA Combine: Agility Testing - Rotoworld.com

Last edited:
A little early to predict we land him. We just learned he is on our radar. Worth monitoring but I would be shocked to see something happen inmediately.

A little early to predict we land him. We just learned he is on our radar. Worth monitoring but I would be shocked to see something happen inmediately.

We'll just call it a hunch... time will tell. ;)

Personally I would expect this staff to be pursuing all options and just keeping sights on possibilities like Majak. I would be surprised to see him be added unless he makes a big jump this winter. Also our interest could motivate those with offers already on the table to push a bit more.

Personally I would expect this staff to be pursuing all options and just keeping sights on possibilities like Majak. I would be surprised to see him be added unless he makes a big jump this winter. Also our interest could motivate those with offers already on the table to push a bit more.

Yes, please pursue all options, because Hopkins has already offered Majak. ;) Then again, maybe he was Hop's backup plan just in case he somehow lost Roberts. Slop (E-seconds) from the Hop.

iu

My edit function still doesn't work, so I dont want people to go ape(bleep) again because Im adding more posts. Bob approves of Majak. In defense of Bob Vila, Seikaly was a project. Majak would be a great candidate for Waters' other recent outstanding post: "Syracuse Players Pronounce Their Own Names". Wow, that title is a joke waiting to happen.

KV1A-2.jpg

I can understand why the staff are "looking" at Majak in hopes of landing the next Olajuwon, Mutumbo, Bismack Biyombo, or Joel Embid. My thinking is that Majak isn't even close to where BMK was ranked, let alone the guys I listed that became NBA players. It's just not that common to catch lightening in a bottle especially when none of the other big power five schools see what we see (except Washington).

This is where many don't get me... I don't WANT to believe that Majak is unworthy of a scholarship. I'd LOVE to be able to say, this guy looks like a steal, sign him up! I don't enjoy bickering. But the vast majority of these African guys (even the more highly sought after ones) can't put on any weight, and they are so far behind skills wise because unlike American kids they haven't been playing basketball since the age of three.

Anyhow, I will follow this story very closely. I wish we were in on some other bigs in 2018. That said, IF Majak can magically improve further and quickly, maybe I'll hop on board the Majak Bus... but for now, I'll pass.

Last edited:
No one is on the Majak bus yet that I have seen. Just explanations as to why we even have invested the time. Quite honestly it seems to be unanimous that we have all conformed to that point of view.

I expect Sidibe to be really, really good. It might not fully connect in year one, but he's going to be the surprise of this class. And the pivot will be in solid hands throughout the rest of the time he spends on the hill.

So I'm not worried about having to bring in some stud who can start right way in 2018 or 2019. Get the best players you can, but a shotblocking athlete who is just beginning to scratch the surface isn't a bad gamble to take.

And for the record, I say this being 100% in agreement with Iommi's assessment above. Think he might have better potential than Sean Williams, though [the only point where I disagree slightly], based upon the competition level he's facing.
Totally agree

So has this player been offered/signed/sent in his LOI yet?

I'm trying to figure out when I should get pissed and lose faith in the staff's recruiting chops. Again.