Class of 2020 - C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue

The schools that have reached out are Gonzaga, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Illinois State, Louisville Kentucky, Arizona, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Arizona State, Syracuse, DePaul, South Carolina, Boston College, Seton Hall, Wichita State, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Washington State, Utah, Oregon State, San Jose State, and Cal State Fullerton.
I hope he goes to Cal State Fullerton. THAT would be a story.

The thing is though - we have 4 guys on the roster that can play center.

We only have 3 guards. Griffin helps, if he's eligible, but that's an unknown. If a guard goes down, things get ugly fast.

Honestly, with how good Marek is as a ballhandler I'm not as worried. Less about the position more about the skills. We will have 5 guys who can handle it some if Griffin plays including MD. Haarms is a guy who can completely change the outlook of the year.

We only have 3 guards. Griffin helps, if he's eligible, but that's an unknown. If a guard goes down, things get ugly fast.

Yeah, not sure why so many posters think we’re doomed to mediocrity if we don’t add a big. Would be great to add this kid, but I’m not getting my hopes up, nor going to be upset if we can’t snag him, when half the NCAA will be gunning for him, and many with better situations to offer. Sid isn’t going to just be relegated to mop up duty because fans think we need the next Bill Walton to contend in the ACC.

Gonzaga on here is interesting. I like our chances given the international flair of our roster... Not predicting at all just saying we should be at least a possible destination vs a hope and a prayer.

Great hair, good player, great zone fit. He'd be a much better defender and a closer fit to what the zone needs inside, being a shot blocker. He can occasionally pop out for a 3, as well, so the pick and rolls might not be as useless as usual.

Only averaged about 20 mpg, so maybe he'd be ok with being in a rotation. I have a feeling he is hoping to play more than he did at Purdue? If not, let's hope him and Edwards are friendly and it'd be a great mentorship type situation.

I wonder if the coaches do envision JBA as a potential 4 especially given his shooting ability. Would love to go back to the days when we played two bigs ala Rick and AO.
Two bigs would be an offensive disaster in 2020

We have four guys that "can" play center. It would be nice to have someone who could play the position really well. I am with you on another guard. If Griffin is eligible that problem is solved. If not we need a guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom