Class of 2020 - C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senior Rak had a nice face-up game, to go with his awesome post moves and counters.

Soph Fab could hit FT line J's.

Elvir Ovcina!!

And... that's about it;
if you don't count our stretch 4's who got put into emergency 5 duty, like Lydon and Marek.

We want a dude like Hima living on dunks and putbacks, like AO.
Or Baye. Or Chewie.
Umm... Danny Schayes.

I wasn't overly impressed with Hima's shooting, it's rare a guy his size shoots only 40% from two. His couple made jumpers looked decent enough, but not overwhelming.

Who do you have in mind when you say "yes we have"? We have had very few centers we would let take any kind of jumper.

Guys that could vs guys we let are not the same thing go be fair which is what I was getting it. Hima doesn't have that uncommon skill set even just having a deft touch of former bigs like Rony, DC, Otis, AO, Rak and Jesse.

Further on the jump shot we had capable guys as others have mentioned along with 4s playing in the 5 spot of recent. End of the day its uncommon even that skill is used much in this system or many systems in college hoops today absent the low or mid major teams where you have the big guys who can shoot it but can't move.

Yeah man, we need the fouls.

pinto.jpg

He shot 83% from the free throw line, on a small sample, but that is often a good data point for shooting ability
I wouldn't really say 5/6 shooting is a data point that we should draw any conclusions from. Maybe he can shoot at a decent clip, but the only people that would really have any clue are those that were in practice with him because he simply hasn't had much of a sample size in actual games.

I wouldn't really say 5/6 shooting is a data point that we should draw any conclusions from. Maybe he can shoot at a decent clip, but the only people that would really have any clue are those that were in practice with him because he simply hasn't had much of a sample size in actual games.
It's to Hima's benefit that he didn't learn to shoot as a kid. By learning how to shoot at a high level high school and now college program, he won't have millions of shots with bad form in his muscle memory. Little kids trying to muscle a ball that's too big for them up to a 10' hoop they can't normally reach creates all kinds of problems that need to be unlearned.

He might have a leg up on being a better big man shooter than most, having learned under professional tutelage and after he was a giant, rather than as a kid. Those huge hands that almost hide the ball can't help his shooting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom