Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he has already committed why do we care about his rankings? As long as he is a great system fit for our offense and defense, is athletic, and has potential, then the rankings are irrelevant. Especially in the age of the transfer portal.
I kinda think 3-stars for this kid will only serve to motivate him and put a chip on his shoulder that will benefit him and the team. He certainly looked better than "3 stars" to me when i quickly looked at some highlights, but i'd like to find some full game footage to get a real sense.

We have him and i'm looking forward to him killing it and all the forum sassafrass about how "ratings don't matter."

Now with JJ out, Carey is my favorite recruit from this class. I think we might be shocked at how skilled and athletic he is from day one.

I agree. He's going to be our best big man recruit probably since Lydon. He's like a taller version of Jimmy B., but only an incoming frosh, not a guy who has been working on his game for 4 years already.

I agree. He's going to be our best big man recruit probably since Lydon. He's like a taller version of Jimmy B., but only an incoming frosh, not a guy who has been working on his game for 4 years already.
I don't get the JBIII comparison. Carey seems to be a much better athlete, but has no 3-point chops like young JB.

I don't get the JBIII comparison. Carey seems to be a much better athlete, but has no 3-point chops like young JB.

For a big guy, he dribbles well, and he can drive the lane to get to the hoop. He's not as physical as some other guys, but he's sneaky / crafty, can get through the defense. I think Jimmy is an underrated athlete. He's not physical, but he's got quick-twitch ability.

Those are the similarities I see.

Jimmy has been in college for 4 years. Of course he's going to be a better shooter. I think Peter has the ability to pick his spots to hit the three, hopefully in his second year, after he gets acclimated.

What’s not to like about this guy? He’s tall,athletic,and has a little pssed off attitude. Yes, he’s lean but appears ready to take some hits if necessary.
I hate to use cliches but it’s not always the size of the dog but the fight in the dog.

The class he comes in with is going to be heard

This kid is from day one our most skilled big. As a HS senior his skills are better than either of our bigs.
Hes very agile, good hands, not clumsy. He has all the tools just needs to add some strength and we have a excellent player.

Glad he will sign early. If he waited we would have had a battle to land him, because this kid is going way up the charts. Im not saying Duke or Kentucky, but everyone else could have been involved for sure.

Glad he will sign early. If he waited we would have had a battle to land him, because this kid is going way up the charts. Im not saying Duke or Kentucky, but everyone else could have been involved for sure.
Yes. Hes going to be very good. This is a heck of a class. Great job by the staff

Are we concerned?
Without knowing anything, it can't be a great sign, IMO.

Unless his school is hosting a signing event this evening.
1636585787690.gif

I’ve been a fan since the Greg “kid” Kohls era…….please NEVER get stressed over a recruit, they’re teenage kids……dear lord, they just provide us entertainment….
I’m sorry but if it’s just entertainment to you...you’re not a true Orange fan. Doesn’t make you a bad person.

I’m sorry but if it’s just entertainment to you...you’re not a true Orange fan. Doesn’t make you a bad person.

Well, I don't want it to ruin my mood for the rest of my family when we lose anymore.
I haven't been "that guy" for over 20 years.
It's not "religion" for me anymore. It's family time. But you have to keep it fun.

Agreed. Not a good comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors