Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Booker Turner. A pac 12 ref who called a T on JB in the Iowa game that turned the game. He also reffed the Navy game.
If you have a few minutes, I'll give you a story about that SU-Iowa tournament game.

A good friend who was working for NBC (they had the tournament in 1980) was able to get a group of us excellent seats--front row, courtside. During pre-game warm-ups, I looked across the court and saw Turner, and groaned. Booker Turner was known for two things--he was a big part of UCLA's home-court advantage, and he was a pretty lousy ref. One of the other guys asked what the problem was, and I responded (probably too loudly) that I recognized Turner, and that he was known to be incompetent. A fellow sitting among the suits at a temporary table in front of us swiveled around and looked at me in a quizzical/not-very-friendly way.

So the game proceeded, and Turner made the phantom T call that changed the game and ended the careers of Louie and Bouie.

Comes the second game--Georgetown vs. Maryland--and, lo and behold, who's one of the officials? The guy sitting in front of us during the first game who gave me the look. I wondered then, and I still do occasionally, whether he disapproved what I said, or just the fact that I said it aloud.

Ha ha, not emotionally invested? My son was a team manager for Pittsburgh all four years under Dixon and he used to be on their bench when they came to the dome…..yet, I was still cheering for Syracuse.
Did you follow the thread , geeze, he apologized, I know him , you want him whacked ??!!

I just watched Carey's highlights. He's tall with a really good build. He moves well for being so tall. I think he's going to be really good player in center of the zone. He looks like he's a great at blocking and dunking. Not ranked very high nationally but he had a strange recruiting path.

I just watched Carey's highlights. He's tall with a really good build. He moves well for being so tall. I think he's going to be really good player in center of the zone. He looks like he's a great at blocking and dunking. Not ranked very high nationally but he had a strange recruiting path.
Between him, Frank and Jesse, we will block a lot of shots

Methinks this guy likes to dunk

Honestly, my favorite play was the little turnaround from inside the FT line w his left (off) hand.

The fact that he’s already working on off-hand post moves is HUGE.
Think about Sr. Rak - he had moves and counters with both hands, and he was lethal - our best scoring center in ages.

This kid’s already working on that stuff and he’s just a HS Sr.

And also - that he DUNKS. EVERYTHING.

Hak would approve. :cool:

I hope the coach scrimmages against him 6 on 5. Let him always work against 2 guys.
Question: can he/will JB allow him to play the 4? Him, Jesse/Frank, Bennie on the back line: yes please. Or, better yet, a diamond and 1 press, Carey on the ball, Bennie at half court, and one of our centers back. That could be fun.

Honestly, my favorite play was the little turnaround from inside the FT line w his left (off) hand.

The fact that he’s already working on off-hand post moves is HUGE.
Think about Sr. Rak - he had moves and counters with both hands, and he was lethal - our best scoring center in ages.

This kid’s already working on that stuff and he’s just a HS Sr.

And also - that he DUNKS. EVERYTHING.

Hak would approve. :cool:

The "And Also" part was funny. The kid definitely works hard on his post moves. You can just tell when a big man has good skills. In the warm-ups he's doing all kinds of spin moves and/with up-and-unders (and doing them very fast too). He has really great leg work already! Both sides!

The "And Also" part was funny. The kid definitely works hard on his post moves. You can just tell when a big man has good skills. In the warm-ups he's doing all kinds of spin moves and/with up-and-unders (and doing them very fast too). He has really great leg work already! Both sides!

Yeah, he looks very refined compared to many [most?] of the human hyphen bigs we recruit.

Once he gets a little stronger, he's going to be a good player.

Yeah, he looks very refined compared to many [most?] of the human hyphen bigs we recruit.

He's definitely a candidate for the sophomore leap after a year with the Syracuse trainers.

This kid's athleticism, footwork, fluidity, aggressiveness, and skill set at 6-11, IMO, give him the potential to have the highest ceiling of any of the incoming kids we signed. I realize I am in the minority here with that opinion. I think Carey has a great chance to be very, very good. Thrilled

This kid's athleticism, footwork, fluidity, aggressiveness, and skill set at 6-11, IMO, give him the potential to have the highest ceiling of any of the incoming kids we signed. I realize I am in the minority here with that opinion. I think Carey has a great chance to be very, very good. Thrilled

I agree that Carey has the chance to turn into a special player. He is going to look like one of those big guys who usually go to Kansas in a couple years, once he gets some meat on his bones.

As for biggest impact, I'm torn between him and Copeland. I think Copeland has a lot of sizzle, great vision and amazing size for a true PG.

I agree that Carey has the chance to turn into a special player. He is going to look like one of those big guys who usually go to Kansas in a couple years, once he gets some meat on his bones.

As for biggest impact, I'm torn between him and Copeland. I think Copeland has a lot of sizzle, great vision and amazing size for a true PG.
No doubt, Copeland is very interesting. I really like his court vision. There are small things about his game/skill set that I wonder about. I really look forward to his to seeing how he progresses at IMG.

Carey will be playing against Taylor’s and Copeland’s IMG team today at 445. We have a poster who will be there.
If the Orange weren't playing not one but 2 games today, I would be there as well. Fortunately, IMG at least will be at the Hall of fame classic in january.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom