Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
People c can root for/enjoy/follow the Orange any way they choose. I know how I relate to them. It’s not always “balanced” in a psychological way, but it does bring me pleasure…and pain. Probably the only disadvantage of being born in Syracuse and not in Alabama.

Thanks for telling someone who went to a dozen Big East tournaments, he’s not a true Orange fan.…….it’s called perspective.
Not saying that you’re not a supporter. You just don’t sound emotionally invested. It sounds as if you were going to see a broadway show.

Not saying that you’re not a supporter. You just don’t sound emotionally invested. It sounds as if you were going to see a broadway show.
Not for nothing, but more than anything else this smells like you’re questioning his fandom.
I know I’m not the maniac I used to be years ago. The days of tossing and turning, heavy drinking, and general malaise after every loss, are long behind me. Doesn’t mean I’m any less of a fan today, just because i don’t let everyone in on my fandom.
Not speaking for Geneseo, but I believe that’s what he means by “perspective”.

Last edited:
Not for nothing, but more than anything else this smells like you’re questioning his fandom.
I know I’m not the maniac I used to be years ago. The days of tossing and turning, heavy drinking, and general malaise after every loss, are long behind me. Doesn’t mean I’m any less of a fan today, just because i don’t let everyone in on my fandom.
Not speaking for Geneseo, but I believe that’s what he means by “perspective”.
I like Dcuse still have a hard time with losses, I don't kick the dog or go of on a drinking spree or anything awful . It takes me a few hours to start to acquire perspective again. (start) At 60 I don't think that's going to change. I have made some emotional progress, haven't broken a remote in about 3 years ! Good for you if you have overcome this affliction.

Is this real life?

Thanks for telling someone who went to a dozen Big East tournaments, he’s not a true Orange fan.…….it’s called perspective.
I probably misspoke. You are a valued fan. I wish I was less emotional but that's just not who I am. I do not let it affect the rest of my life but I am on the edge of my seat...start to finish... for every football.hoops and lax game. I piss and moan and whine my way through the whole thing yet, strangely enough, I love it. I am aware that it's not life and death but at the same time...what good is life without your passions.
Anyway, apologies for suggesting that your not a good fan.

I like Dcuse still have a hard time with losses, I don't kick the dog or go of on a drinking spree or anything awful . It takes me a few hours to start to acquire perspective again. (start) At 60 I don't think that's going to change. I have made some emotional progress, haven't broken a remote in about 3 years ! Good for you if you have overcome this affliction.
Overcome? No.
“Learned to cope without resorting to negative or unhealthy stimuli”? Yeah…that’s about right.

I’m sorry but if it’s just entertainment to you...you’re not a true Orange fan. Doesn’t make you a bad person.
Changing priorities doesn’t make less than a true fan. Be it maturity, circumstances, growth, or the emergence of other interests, priorities can (and I would argue should) shift.
I missed the 2003 FF because my daughter had an event, the attendance at which I deemed more important.
I was at the first MSG BET, and missed maybe 5 thereafter, most of which while in law school. I traveled by 3 different planes 12 hours to be in NO in 1987.
When my dad offered to pay for me to go on spring break my senior year of college, I asked him if he an I could go to Philly to the NCAA tournament (we lost to Iowa). I was in NJ in 1987 and Boston when we lost to OSU.
Because I won’t pay more money to the soulless tv gods does not make me less of a fan. If none of us followed the bouncing tv locations, they would have to rethink tv, and maybe make it more accessible. That is my little personal protest. Don’t make it hard to so watch my team.

Last edited:
Changing priorities doesn’t make less than a true fan. Be it maturity, circumstances, growth, or the emergence of other interests, priorities can (and I would argue should) shift.
I missed the 2003 FF because my daughter had an event, the attendance at which I deemed more important.
I was at the first MSG BET, and missed maybe 5 thereafter, most of which while in law school. I traveled by 3 different planes 12 hours to be in NO in 1987.
When my dad offered to pay for me to go on spring break my senior year of college, I asked him if he an I could go to Philly to the NCAA tournament (we lost to Iowa). I was in NJ in 1987 and Boston when we lost to OSU.
Because I won’t pay more money to the soulless tv gods does not make me less of a fan. If none of us followed the bouncing tv locations, they would have to rethink tv, and maybe make it more accessible. That is my little personal protest. Don’t make it hard to so watch my team.
Booker Turner. A pac 12 ref who called a T on JB in the Iowa game that turned the game. He also reffed the Navy game.

So…when is he going to sign? I keep waiting for the thread title to change and instead continue to get updates on how orange fandom can, or should, be defined.
I can’t help but notice you are trying to change the subject of this thread back to Peter Carey and refusing to define your cuse fandom for us. That is unacceptable. You have 24 hours to turn in all cuse related items such as jerseys, t shirts etc. Your fandom has been stripped. Good day sir.

He answered that Wednesday and it was posted here.
I know, and I just checked: The early signing period is 11/10-11/17. I had thought it was only three days (as it is for football, I believe) and that’s why I was a little nervous. Sorry.

Last edited:
I just checked. The early signing period is 11/10-11/17. I had thought it was only three days (as it is for football, I believe) and that’s why I was a little nervous. Sorry.

I couldn’t have even told you the signing dates. I just remembered that tweet. So he has till next Wednesday I guess.

I can’t help but notice you are trying to change the subject of this thread back to Peter Carey and refusing to define your cuse fandom for us. That is unacceptable. You have 24 hours to turn in all cuse related items such as jerseys, t shirts etc. Your fandom has been stripped. Good day sir.
687803F8-A32A-4B58-9572-1890D8ABCB8F.jpeg

You can have my Otto when you pry him from my cold, dead, hand!
Now…gimme back my fandom;-)

Ha ha, not emotionally invested? My son was a team manager for Pittsburgh all four years under Dixon and he used to be on their bench when they came to the dome…..yet, I was still cheering for Syracuse.

Last edited:
Ha ha, not emotionally invested? My son was a team manager for Pittsburgh all four years and he used to be on their bench when they came to the dome…..yet, I was still cheering for Syracuse.
Your just a pencilneck geek

Your just a pencilneck geek
My kid went to Uconn, worked for the athletic department cheered for SU, loudly, from the front row of the Uconn student section in his 'Cuse gear. Of course at age 5 we were at Fenway Park in the bleachers when a Yankee fan took off my son's Sox hat and put a Yankee cap on his head. my son took off the hat, spit in it and told the Yankees fan to keep his F**cking Yankees hat. I didn't even know he knew that word but my kid got a standing O from the fans around us. Very proud dad who raised his kid right if I say so myself. BTW after my kid was pummeled by the UCONN rowdies sitting near him Paul Harris came over and gave him his head band and thanked him. True stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom