Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't many guys out there like him.

7 foot.
Uber agile.
Natural shot blocker.
Aggressive disposition.
Excellent student.

There is a lot to like here.
yep this kid will get some run and playing time from day one (too talented, fluid and athletic), start by year 2, and be gone by year 3 or 4. Thing I don't get I heard on the radio is we we're his only big time offer?! Dont get that if true.

Last edited:
I'm excited about this kid. The one thing I love about him is he tries to dunk everything. You won't have to worry about the patented Pascal turning down a dunk to miss a one footer off the glass.
I also like the fact that this kid is not expecting to come just for a year or two. He chose to come to Cuse to develop and hopefully we will get the chance to watch him compete and improve. Best case scenario he ends up being one of those guys who stays in our program for years because those guys end up helping programs win big games.

I'm excited about this kid. The one thing I love about him is he tries to dunk everything. You won't have to worry about the patented Pascal turning down a dunk to miss a one footer off the glass.
I also like the fact that this kid is not expecting to come just for a year or two. He chose to come to Cuse to develop and hopefully we will get the chance to watch him compete and improve. Best case scenario he ends up being one of those guys who stays in our program for years because those guys end up helping programs win big games.
I like the way cuse is building the roster. Kids that stay 2-3 years are in my opinion as if not more valuable than the 1 and done.

Scouts described Rony as "live legs" meaning that he was very quick off his feet, which is especially important if there are two jumps in quick succession. He had hops. and was an athletic freak able to play center well while being on the small side compared to other NBA centers.
Yup, the double jump is a really important ability for a shot blocker. It's a big part of what made Etan so nasty.

Yeah, i watched only a few minutes of highlights a couple of weeks ago and said he looked like he'll be playable as a freshman.

He's Kevin Garnett!

Let's just sneak him into some other team's Strength and Conditioning program and we're gold. Gold, i tellya.

shopping

Fine. We'll see what happens.
He's got terrific coordination and dribble skills for a guy who is 7 feet tall.
Go watch some of the clips in this thread.
And then come back and tell us when we've ever had a guy like this.
This is not Craig Forth.

Rony was a (Greek, ok - Lebanese) freak athlete.

Even Stevie Thompson said (in a VERY recent podcast) that Rony could run faster and jump higher than he could.

Let that sink in: Stevie is one of the most athletic guys in Cuse hoops HISTORY, and he's on record saying Rony was a better athlete than he was.
AND, he recruited Jimmy B (briefly) Jimmy B to Oregon.

Fine. We'll see what happens.
He's got terrific coordination and dribble skills for a guy who is 7 feet tall.
Go watch some of the clips in this thread.
And then come back and tell us when we've ever had a guy like this.
This is not Craig Forth.
Maybe you meant to address someone else.
None of this has any relation to what i've written about Carey.

I can’t understand the posters who refer to this kid as a “program” player. I think that’s the lazy default. I can’t understand the preoccupation with rankings and who else was involved with recruiting. I’m not saying they don’t matter but place them in perspective. This kid has a chance to be very special. He doesn’t move like a near seven footer. All it will take is motivation and drive.

I hope that he develops into a player at SU but the fact that he's not even rated in the top 250 and no other major offers should give reason for pause

Oh c'mon, CuseRunner. So he's not a Top 10 recruit. He's got potential! Be happy! ;)

I can’t understand the posters who refer to this kid as a “program” player. I think that’s the lazy default. I can’t understand the preoccupation with rankings and who else was involved with recruiting. I’m not saying they don’t matter but place them in perspective. This kid has a chance to be very special. He doesn’t move like a near seven footer. All it will take is motivation and drive.

Also - there is a absolutely nothing wrong with program players.
Syracuse has been utilizing them (along with a mix of 1- & 2-and dones) for ages.

He’s not lumbering, at all.
Very fast-twitch movements.

He’s sudden like Jerami or Hak.

Loved the “Paul Harris Special” - throwing it to himself off the backboard so he could dunk it.

JB will prolly think otherwise ;)

I'm always good with taking a chance on the 7 footers. Kind of glad this isn't another one of the Euro/Africa kids that started playing ball at 14 years old. Outside of about 5-10 bigs per class, they are all lotto tickets. Get them into S&C and playing against kids their size instead of 5 inches shorter and see what happens. All outcomes possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom