Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
May take a couple years to really see an impact, but I love this pickup. His energy and aggressive play is very refreshing to see.

what do you call a bouncy skilled guy? Anthony davis?
Unicorn-Gif_48.gif

Ok…fair enough….but this guy is way more skilled than Rony Seikaly

Rony was a (Greek, ok - Lebanese) freak athlete.

Even Stevie Thompson said (in a VERY recent podcast) that Rony could run faster and jump higher than he could.

Let that sink in: Stevie is one of the most athletic guys in Cuse hoops HISTORY, and he's on record saying Rony was a better athlete than he was.

seems like he can move/run...coordinated.
Send him to our "farm team" at Chapel Hill
to fatten him up and he'll be good to go for 2023:p

Even Stevie Thompson said (in a VERY recent podcast) that Rony could run faster and jump higher than he could.

Let that sink in: Stevie is one of the most athletic guys in Cuse hoops HISTORY, and he's on record saying Rony was a better athlete than he was.
Got it. I’m not questioning Ronys athleticism TBH

There aren't many 7 foot guys out there like him.

7 foot.
Uber agile.
Natural shot blocker.
Aggressive disposition.
Excellent student.

There is a lot to like here.

I agree. And watching his film, I don't think he's a 3 year project like some are saying. This is a young man who can help us sooner rather than later.

Depending on who is on the floor. I could see possible backup minutes for a guy like Carey being given 1 task...rebound. He has that type of aggression. Assuming he can grasp the zone and its play style correctly.

It’s actually amazing how much effort the older guys are putting into social media recruiting. JJ, Carey, Bunch, etc. You can feel they’re trying to build something special

I'm still not happy about a couple of the guys who left; but, it seems the guys who are still here, and the transfers, really want to be here. And that can go a long way. And to stay on topic, it has to be much better for recruits to see a team that likes each other and likes/loves Syracuse.

I really think we’ll be able to look back at this recruitment and think ... ‘DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH’ .

Kid has high level intangibles for a big that you simply can’t teach. Really excited about this one.

Imagine Quadir JT and Carey running the fast brake - The Dome Will Be Rocking Once Again!! and we should be fun to watch for many more years to come - now time for JJ to get in on this action ;)

Great job by the staff. JB and the guys are really working this year and it is paying off. This kids upside is excellent. He if further along than either Jess or Frank at this stage and more aggressive physical than them at the HS level. He actually reminds me of Frank. Similiar players with Peter being more aggressive. He checks all of the boxes.

I agree. And watching his film, I don't think he's a 3 year project like some are saying. This is a young man who can help us sooner rather than later.
Yeah, i watched only a few minutes of highlights a couple of weeks ago and said he looked like he'll be playable as a freshman.

He's Kevin Garnett!

Let's just sneak him into some other team's Strength and Conditioning program and we're gold. Gold, i tellya.

shopping

You also had DC on that team who could use both hands bring the ball the length of the floor.

Scouts described Rony as "live legs" meaning that he was very quick off his feet, which is especially important if there are two jumps in quick succession. He had hops. and was an athletic freak able to play center well while being on the small side compared to other NBA centers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors