Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

I have to say, after only seeing him play twice, I may be the most excited about Moustapha now. The fact that he can turn and face as a power forward/center and hit that 15 foot shot is invaluable. It is something I can't remember from one of our post players in a while. I think he will be a stud because his offensive skill set is already superior to anything I can remember. We're in good hands throughout these sanctions, fellas

iommi said:
He has pretty good range on his hook shots and he makes them with both hands. I actually think he prefers the left side of the paint.

He certainly seemed comfortable rising up from a good distance on that play.

Bad ending before halftime for PJ with a couple of bad turnovers. The lack of a true PG is catching up to them in this one.
Montilus is their closest guy. They are not playing the basketball that got them here. All players on the court working together. Most of it is on PJ and their struggles, but RC is doing a good job of pressuring the ball, half or full court. Moustapha sees a double team most times and although he has passed out of it, he's turned the ball over too. All of the PJ players are bobbling the ball around. Can't do that against a team that has contended for the championship three years running (and won with Roberson and Malachi). Have to finish better and be the aggressor. I thought they needed their best game to win today, so it make it that much harder playing from down now.

I agree with Francis about the lack of a true pg but I thought PJ had enough ball handlers to hang in there. They've been very impatient and easily rattled against pressure. They should've been slowing the game down and maximizing their possesions. Now they are down pretty big and will need to light it under from three (after an 0-5 first half from deep).

Last edited:
iommi said:
I agree with Francis about the lack of a true pg but I thought PJ had enough ball handlers to hang in there. They've been very impatient and easily rattled against pressure. They should've been slowing the game down and maximizing their possesions. Now they are down pretty big and will need to light it under from three (after an 0-5 from half from deep).

Agree. Their approach is awful.

This is going to be a 20+ point win for RC. PJ cannot shoot tonight and are playing a sloppy, uninspired game.

RC is a deeper and more talented team. But PJ doesn't seem to know play a different style.

Nice shot of Hop in crowd and then Diagne misses a dunk lol. This is the 2nd game where Diagne has missed a dunk. Lets hope that doesn't carry over on a consistent basis at SU.

another missed dunk by Diagne. this has not been a great game for him but he still has 13, 7 and 2 blocks