Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

According to ESPN, he is only 6-8. That seems way too small, with his frame, to play center. Someone please fill clueless me in on his game.

Will be visiting for the Duke game, per Adam Zagoria.

I'll guess he commits then wasn't the talk that he was likely to last visit? (orange madness I think) If he does its probably us just waiting to land Bryant after that and I'd take it as a good sign that we are going to get him if we lock up Diange earlty and stop persuing others which it seems we have for the most part.

According to ESPN, he is only 6-8. That seems way too small, with his frame, to play center. Someone please fill clueless me in on his game.
Measured out at 6'8, 249, 7'3 wingspan over the summer. If his age is legit at 16/17 as they claim, then you would assume that he'll grow a few more inches before he reaches college in a few years. Playing wise he's a high-motor big that makes a big impact on both ends of the floors. Knows how to post up and use both hands to finish inside, he's a very good rebounder and shot blocker. Think of a more mobile Rick Jackson.

Zagoria also said that "Rutgers, Cuse leading".

Tough call when you break those two down.
ngbbs4eb1ff6f7bbb6.jpg

Measured out at 6'8, 249, 7'3 wingspan over the summer. If his age is legit at 16/17 as they claim, then you would assume that he'll grow a few more inches before he reaches college in a few years. Playing wise he's a high-motor big that makes a big impact on both ends of the floors. Knows how to post up and use both hands to finish inside, he's a very good rebounder and shot blocker. Think of a more mobile Rick Jackson.

Sounds good to me. And don't take this the wrong way, but I love these African players. Two that immediately come to mind are Baye and Gorgi Dgieng (sp?) from Louisville. They seem like great teammates with insatiable motors and work ethic.

Sounds good to me. And don't take this the wrong way, but I love these African players. Two that immediately come to mind are Baye and Gorgi Dgieng (sp?) from Louisville. They seem like great teammates with insatiable motors and work ethic.
I love the African players as well. Even if they aren't the most skilled, the one thing that you can always count on is for them to play hard and give it 100%.

I'll guess he commits then wasn't the talk that he was likely to last visit? (orange madness I think) If he does its probably us just waiting to land Bryant after that and I'd take it as a good sign that we are going to get him if we lock up Diange earlty and stop persuing others which it seems we have for the most part.

The pursuit is never over. We will just move onto 2016 and 2017. I love it

Syracuse ‘working hardest’ for 2015 forward Moustapha Diagne — Cuse Clicks

Moustapha Diagne, a 6-foot-9, 245-pound center from Pope John XIII, will visit Syracuse Feb. 1 for the Duke game, coach Jason Hasson told SNY.tv. “We haven’t decided if it’s going to be official or unofficial yet,” said Hasson, whose team plays St. Anthony Sunday in the Hoop Group Tip-Off Showcase at West Orange High School. Syracuse head man Jim Boeheim watched Diagne at Pope John in September, and the staff is due “back through in the next week or so,” Hasson said.

http://sujuiceonline.com/2013/12/20...or-2015-forward-moustapha-diagne-cuse-clicks/

Syracuse ‘working hardest’ for 2015 forward Moustapha Diagne — Cuse Clicks

Moustapha Diagne, a 6-foot-9, 245-pound center from Pope John XIII, will visit Syracuse Feb. 1 for the Duke game, coach Jason Hasson told SNY.tv. “We haven’t decided if it’s going to be official or unofficial yet,” said Hasson, whose team plays St. Anthony Sunday in the Hoop Group Tip-Off Showcase at West Orange High School. Syracuse head man Jim Boeheim watched Diagne at Pope John in September, and the staff is due “back through in the next week or so,” Hasson said.

http://sujuiceonline.com/2013/12/20...or-2015-forward-moustapha-diagne-cuse-clicks/

Interesting to see its Diagne we are after the hardest, even more so than Bryant

The headline literally says "working hardest for Diagne"

So yeah, it kinda does.
Umm, not in English. It says that of all of the colleges currently recruiting Diagne, Syracuse is working the hardest. It does not say that out of all of the players Syracuse is recruiting currently, they are working the hardest to get Diagne.

Okay, so I watched most of the first half of the Pope John- St. Anthony's tilt. Not much to report, unfortunately. I did park myself by where Pope John's came out before the game. I wished Moose good luck...he looked right at me and said thanks very politely. I agree with the reports that he's 6'8"...not taller.

I stayed until there was about 2:00 left if the half and St Anthony's led 29-16. Diagne was scoreless. He picked up two early fouls...and he sat for about the last 4 minutes of the first quarter. He only took a few shots, including a nice looking lefty hook. He is very active and runs the floor well. He had a nice follow stuff that didn't count. It was very hard to get much of an impression.

Here's one interesting thing. Pope John went to a 2-3 zone to start the 2nd quarter, perhaps in part to protect Moose, whom they reinserted into the game with the 2 fouls. He actually played the forward spot in the defense, not the center spot. Their zone sucked. St Anthony's shredded it and they extended the lead. Diagne was okay with the slides but this was a Tavern League zone...nowhere close to what we do...so, again, it was hard to judge.

Diagne definitely knows how to play. He made some nice passes and plays very a smart game...

He picked up a phantom 3rd foul and exited the game. I made my exit soon after.

I have to give Diagne an incomplete. Just didn't have much of a chance to make an impact, but I can see why the staff likes him with his very raw skills and high activity level.

Okay, so I watched most of the first half of the Pope John- St. Anthony's tilt. Not much to report, unfortunately. I did park myself by where Pope John's came out before the game. I wished Moose good luck...he looked right at me and said thanks very politely. I agree with the reports that he's 6'8"...not taller.

I stayed until there was about 2:00 left if the half and St Anthony's led 29-16. Diagne was scoreless. He picked up two early fouls...and he sat for about the last 4 minutes of the first quarter. He only took a few shots, including a nice looking lefty hook. He is very active and runs the floor well. He had a nice follow stuff that didn't count. It was very hard to get much of an impression.

Here's one interesting thing. Pope John went to a 2-3 zone to start the 2nd quarter, perhaps in part to protect Moose, whom they reinserted into the game with the 2 fouls. He actually played the forward spot in the defense, not the center spot. Their zone sucked. St Anthony's shredded it and they extended the lead. Diagne was okay with the slides but this was a Tavern League zone...nowhere close to what we do...so, again, it was hard to judge.

Diagne definitely knows how to play. He made some nice passes and plays very a smart game...

He picked up a phantom 3rd foul and exited the game. I made my exit soon after.

I have to give Diagne an incomplete. Just didn't have much of a chance to make an impact, but I can see why the staff likes him with his very raw skills and high activity level.
Thanks for attending the event and all of the reports that you provided. Much appreciated.
Mel salute.png