Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

I wouldn't say that. Guys are always unhappy about playing time if they aren't getting 30+ minutes a game its just the way it is they want to play. I'd worry about a kid who didn't want to play more. It didn't seem to me that BJ or Ron had any sort of attitude problems.

did you read the article?

there's one parent around here who thinks his kid would've been a mcdonalds all american if he'd stayed in HS for 2 more years, and i'm sure off line thinks his kid got shafted at syracuse.

kids should always want and fight for PT but nobody should be a locker room cancer.

did you read the article?

there's one parent around here who thinks his kid would've been a mcdonalds all american if he'd stayed in HS for 2 more years, and i'm sure off line thinks his kid got shafted at syracuse.

kids should always want and fight for PT but nobody should be a locker room cancer.

Yes I read it. Not one word about locker room problems or cancer. Its a moms account of the reasons son used to justify getting away from home/her rather than telling her that.

I am not fine with a local paper trying to find another story to hate jimmy b about, aka losing a recruit because,... and reporting only the negative comments from parents, what about Malachi Mom or Dad interview them , why is he still coming here? Nope cant do that its all got be bad With jimmy b, lord knows he hasn't done enough for this city! Go interview Tyler lydon, why does he still want to wear orange? Nope typical Syracuse negative view on things, makes me sick, bad enough we get five foot of snow every winter, but we also need to focus only on the bad negative crap especially when it comes to my coach!!!!, and OUR team. get with it people!!!!
Dang. Straight! Great post.

Well I guess we will just have to win a national championship within these next few years, while Indiana is playing in the NIT, and Crean is looking for a job. Then we will see what program is in a state of chaos. Kid is about to eat his words.

I'm sick of hearing and reading about this kid. I'm not even mad that he didn't choose us, it happens he liked Indiana more, that's fine, but it's over yet we're still getting these articles about him, it's time for everyone to move on. Honestly if that scholarship given to Bryant means that we couldn't get Battle or Murray than I'm happy he didn't choose us, give me great guards any day over great big man for the college game.

I'm sick of hearing and reading about this kid. I'm not even mad that he didn't choose us, it happens he liked Indiana more, that's fine, but it's over yet we're still getting these articles about him, it's time for everyone to move on. Honestly if that scholarship given to Bryant means that we couldn't get Battle or Murray than I'm happy he didn't choose us, give me great guards any day over great big man for the college game.

Especially when they want to be here!

Especially when they want to be here!

It wasn't that long ago we thought Bryant wanted to be here. The way his mother spoke about consoling him about Boeheim not being in contact with him, not to mention none of the players talking to him, suggests he was interested in coming here at some point and changed his mind. Regardless of how much any of us hypothesize about the main factors involved, this is one of many cases we'll likely never know the entire truth about. However, the combination of these last 2 articles seem to suggest there was more at play then some of us are assuming, but Thomas is a good kid and is trying to keep things classy. It seems like Thomas may have even more respect for Boeheim and the program than his mother, and more practice at controlling his emotions and knowing the proper answers to give.

I in no way feel the desire to play Indiana the way I did when I wanted to see SU play UK and for MCW to dunk over his buddy Nerlens Noel. Maybe others do, but for me it's not even close.

Does the NCAA allow hardship waivers for sick relatives anymore?
If so find a Bryant family member not feeling well and exploit that transfer if he would come to SU.
My daughter has mono, I could have her go hang out with Thomas' mom for a while.

he won't transfer. Assuming he is told he is a 2nd rounder, he will either go back and try to become a first rounder next year, instead of sitting out a year, or he will take his chances and go pro now.

Crean will get hired somewhere. If Bryant loves him so much, he could follow him.

Does the NCAA allow hardship waivers for sick relatives anymore?
If so find a Bryant family member not feeling well and exploit that transfer if he would come to SU.

I believe the NCAA did away with all the waivers. So even if he wanted to come here he would have to sit a year.

Yeah I think the Bryant train left the station a long time ago. But they do have 2 players that have signed LOI's. SG Aljami Durham (not sure if his a combo and can play point or is strickly a 2), and SF Justin Smith (we could use a 3).

Yeah I think the Bryant train left the station a long time ago. But they do have 2 players that have signed LOI's. SG Aljami Durham (not sure if his a combo and can play point or is strickly a 2), and SF Justin Smith (we could use a 3).

Justin smith looks like a heck of a player

plus which, even though he's an upgrade, he doesn't represent a position of need. If things fall in such a way that we only end up with 3 ships left to offer, I want them all to go to perimeter players.

Not a position of need?
He is a big to anchor the zone and is a big who can post and shoot?
He is perfect for us.

in all likelihood we'll be 3 deep at the 4 and 5 but 0 deep at the 1 and 3

as I said, he's an upgrade, but it's pretty easy to see which are the positions of need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom