Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Because we were regarded as a lock to get all of them, right, and that all happened in the past several weeks?

Btw, that syracuse.com article that is of absolutely no interest or importance had 114 comments at last check. I doubt they're second-guessing their decision to run the story.

To a lot of people we actually were a lock for Noel at certain times. The article is click bait pure and simple and amateurish to run.

To a lot of people we actually were a lock for Noel at certain times. The article is click bait pure and simple and amateurish to run.

Did you complain about articles quoting the mom when we were still in the running for her son and she was saying nice things?

Also, from a solid source, Yogi Ferrell is going to declare for the draft. Reliable guard play?

Now thats funny because IU needed to lose one more guy yet they had Ferrell recruit Bryant hard as if he would be back. You know Crean must have known Ferrell was likely to go but did Bryant?

I hold no ill will toward Bryant, he's a kid who wanted to get away from home. Sure there are some stories and quotes that I could take issue with but he's 18. Why the local paper would pursue his Mother for quotes to put into a 'the sky is falling" article about SU recruiting is another issue all together and that does PO me a bit.

No, because he was uncommited . Having an Indiana commits mother talk about another program in that detail is just odd.

I don't think you understand what the role of the local press is supposed to be.

If you read this recruting section you'll realize that we're a "lock" for every player that's had a topic started about them, you'll also learn that every player that is a "lock" to come here is the greatest player in the history of high school basketball and is a lock to be all ACC and possibly an all american. Doesn't matter if you're 3*, 4*, or 5*. Hell, even if the guy is recruited by Fordham, Sienna, Colgate, and us, us being the only good program out of all of them, you'll read that ESPN Top 100 is biased against Syracuse and rates all of our players far far far too low.

Newsflash to the blinded ones. We're a great program, YES. We're not the best, we have the most garbage weather in the United States half the year and don't exactly have the greatest history of success stories at the next level.

PauliePeppas said:
No, because he was uncommited . Having an Indiana commits mother talk about another program in that detail is just odd.

We've heard a lot from mom during this whole thing. Now think about that and how unusual it is. Now consider he's not coming here which would only be a short distance from mom.

Why the local paper would pursue his Mother for quotes to put into a 'the sky is falling" article about SU recruiting is another issue all together and that does PO me a bit.

You mean the local paper that historically has dinged the Cuse basketball program and coach. I was fine with the article. Yes, the content was a little odd, but that sounds typical of what the Syracuse newspaper or radio stations would do.

You mean the local paper that historically has dinged the Cuse basketball program and coach. I was fine with the article. Yes, the content was a little odd, but that sounds typical of what the Syracuse newspaper or radio stations would do.

Actually, not really that odd.

Bryant was our marquee (prospective) recruit, along with Malachi. He was going to come here. And then he wasn't.

Reasonable people would like to know why. While some will do the jilted girlfriend act, that is quite lame. The level of interest in his decision before his commitment does not magically morph into no interest from the fanbase just because things didn't go our way.

For the local paper to seek an explanation is pretty much a no-brainer. Ideally it would have come from Thomas. Instead it came from Mom, as it did so many times during the process.

Now you can question how well she understood the factors actually driving her son's decision. And you can disagree with some of her observations, as I think most of us would. But there's no way you can fault the paper for seeking our her thoughts and reporting them.

The reporter properly pointed out that IU has its own issues. If Bryant's perceptions really were shaped by the Hoosier staff, as someone suggested earlier in the thread, then we probably should prepare for the reality that more negative recruiting is headed our way. That a kid like Moyer has not wavered may be the best indication that not all will be tainted by it.

It would have been lazy for the paper not to pursue this article. Instead, it was a nice piece of hustle by Carlson, whether you agree with Mom's conclusions or not.

(EDIT: Clifton, should say this is not all directed at you but largely at earlier comments, duly noted that you were fine with the article.)

Last edited:
i REALLY want to play indiana next year.
Since the recruitment is over...
rubix.jpg

What would you say about her if he came here? What do you have to say about BJ's dad since he pulled his son from Syracuse?

Bj's dad is great. Nothing bad to say.

If he came here I'd still say she's a nut because she is. There's some background here with a relative of mine who works the state tournmant, so I'll leave it at that.

Bj's dad is great. Nothing bad to say.

If he came here I'd still say she's a nut because she is. There's some background here with a relative of mine who works the state tournmant, so I'll leave it at that.

Uh huh.

only thing i got out of the article is that the staff was right to cut bait with 1 (maybe 2) bad attitudes over their lack of playing time.

Uh huh.

No need for sarcasm. I know we disagree on a lot of issues, but I will not be surprised the first time Crean does something she doesn't agree with that momma bryant will be calling.

Bj's dad was never intrusive here and the staff was always honest with him. I will not be surprised at all if momma Bryant is intrusive at Indiana because that's just how she rolls.

only thing i got out of the article is that the staff was right to cut bait with 1 (maybe 2) bad attitudes over their lack of playing time.

I wouldn't say that. Guys are always unhappy about playing time if they aren't getting 30+ minutes a game its just the way it is they want to play. I'd worry about a kid who didn't want to play more. It didn't seem to me that BJ or Ron had any sort of attitude problems.

Last edited:
I am not fine with a local paper trying to find another story to hate jimmy b about, aka losing a recruit because,...... and reporting only the negative comments from parents, what about Malachi Mom or Dad interview them , why is he still coming here? Nope cant do that its all got be bad With jimmy b, lord knows he hasn't done enough for this city! Go interview Tyler lydon, why does he still want to wear orange? Nope typical Syracuse negative view on things, makes me sick, bad enough we get five foot of snow every winter, but we also need to focus only on the bad negative crap especially when it comes to my coach!!!!, and OUR team. get with it people!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom