Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

That article was very discouraging.

Thanks for dragging this out so long, NCAA. Maybe if this had been finalized in December / January, per the timing specified in the NCAA guidelines, we would have had ample opportunity to effect damage control.

That last line kills me--this kid was in the bag. Dang it.
Every coach/assistant coach with something on the ball is going to negative recruit against us and tell recruits SU won't be able to compete, is done, is in chaos, is a bad situation now, etc. It falls on our staff to combat that. And in the strange case of Thomas Bryant they didn't do that very well for some reason. It just seems ridiculous that they kept more contact with his mother and very little trying to woo him. Hopefully they will do a better job with the next 2 classes because the negative recruiting is not going away as long as the sanctions stand. Now I'm more worried than I was before.

one result of this TB saga for me... I have a team that has now, officially, overtaken ucon as my absolute most-hated team! hoosiers were already getting there before this, but now they occupy that extra-special place in my heart! :)

How many kids just transferred out of IU? Wasnt it questionable if creen was going to be back next year?

Funny he makes the comment about BJ complaining about playing time. Seems like he's just trying to justify his decision now. Just own it, but using that as is a reason is BS.
Exactly. A kid thats 7-8 on the depth chart is always gonna complain about playing time. If youre one of the top 5 you play plenty. Stupid excuse.

Funny he makes the comment about BJ complaining about playing time. Seems like he's just trying to justify his decision now. Just own it, but using that as is a reason is BS.
he didn't make any comments, anomander. the sole source for the article is Linda Bryant and her interpretation of her son's view of various events. that is an important distinction

he didn't make any comments, anomander. the sole source for the article is Linda Bryant and her interpretation of her son's view of various events. that is an important distinction
:rolleyes:

moqui said:

I agree. I wonder what Gary Battle thinks of all this. Will we get a quote tomorrow?

Screw him, and his mom...don't want to come here? Fine, but don't go to local paper bashing the program you didn't choose. Classless.

Wow harsh.

Neither he or his mom bashed the program. It's even more clear the mother was clearly in our corner.

The point about the Syracuse players not showing or pushing strongly enough for him to come is dumb though.

wallacecuse said:
Screw him, and his mom...don't want to come here? Fine, but don't go to local paper bashing the program you didn't choose. Classless.

I'm less annoyed with his mother for answering questions as I am with the paper for asking them. Embarrassing enough to lose a local guy, but to have the local paper purposely salt the wound is the kind of thing you shouldn't have to worry about from your local paper.

Wow harsh.

Neither he or his mom bashed the program. It's even more clear the mother was clearly in our corner.

The point about the Syracuse players not showing or pushing strongly enough for him to come is dumb though.
The program is in "chaos" comment isn't bashing to you? Is to me.

Harsh? He isn't coming here...I feel no need to kiss his @ss

I'm less annoyed with his mother for answering questions as I am with the paper for asking them. Embarrassing enough to lose a local guy, but to have the local paper purposely salt the wound is the kind of thing you shouldn't have to worry about from your local paper.
Agreed, but she could have declined the interview. Nothing to be gained for any side from it. Pointless article.

The program is in "chaos" comment isn't bashing to you? Is to me.

Harsh? He isn't coming here...I feel no need to kiss his @ss

I'm in agreement with the poster who said that "chaos" came from likely from the Indiana Coaching staff.

BTW, When did Thomas Bryant become the next Patrick Ewing ?

CuseHulk said:
I'm in agreement with the poster who said that "chaos" came from likely from the Indiana Coaching staff. BTW, When did Thomas Bryant become the next Patrick Ewing ?

Nobody cares he isn't coming here anymore hulk, that's not the discussion being had. No one has ever put him in the same sentence as Ewing, except you.

I'm in agreement with the poster who said that "chaos" came from likely from the Indiana Coaching staff.

BTW, When did Thomas Bryant become the next Patrick Ewing ?
It may have come from Crean, but he took it to heart.

I do have to agree with him that the guard play at SU is downright horrible. There is no denying that. We have no point guard and a two guard who can't make a three the last half of every year. The chaos part is bull. That's coming from the coaching staff at Indiana.

Yeah - can't argue with that. On a team generally dominated by guards, it's gotta be scary to this group. :(

Yeah, pointless article...say the guys engaged in a 75-page thread on whether Thomas Bryant will come to SU.

Nope, nothing interesting about why he chose another school. Who'd care to read about that? Nothing to see here, just move along.

Yeah, pointless article...say the guys engaged in a 75-page thread on whether Thomas Bryant will come to SU.

Nope, nothing interesting about why he chose another school. Who'd care to read about that? Nothing to see here, just move along.

Im still waiting on the article from Noels mom , Davis' mom, and every other big recruit we missed out on to put all the reasons the program is no good for their child.

Im still waiting on the article from Noels mom , Davis' mom, and every other big recruit we missed out on to put all the reasons the program is no good for their child.

Because we were regarded as a lock to get all of them, right, and that all happened in the past several weeks?

Btw, that syracuse.com article that is of absolutely no interest or importance had 114 comments at last check. I doubt they're second-guessing their decision to run the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom