Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

JB has had the opportunity to land other pure PG's, but decided not to do so because they weren't zone fits. Monte Morris from Iowa St, who has led the country in assist-turnover ratio in the last two seasons. Jalen Brunson, who is committed to Nova and was rated the #1 PG in the class is another one. Let's hope KJ can turn it around and that Frank can be serviceable since he was recruited as a PG.
Did we ever even consider going after Devonte Graham when he first started wavering from App State?

Because I'll tell you what, every time I watched highlights of Chris McCullough when he was at Brewster, it was Graham who jumped out at me more than anyone. I was stunned, at the time, that he wasn't a bigger recruit. When he decommitted from App State, I was crossing my fingers we would get in on him.

Did we ever even consider going after Devonte Graham when he first started wavering from App State?

Because I'll tell you what, every time I watched highlights of Chris McCullough when he was at Brewster, it was Graham who jumped out at me more than anyone. I was stunned, at the time, that he wasn't a bigger recruit. When he decommitted from App State, I was crossing my fingers we would get in on him.
Nope. The staff never showed any interest. Which was surprising because he was available when Ennis had declared. I guess the staff must have thought G and KJ would've been fine to hold things down at PG going into this past season.

Nope. The staff never showed any interest. Which was surprising because he was available when Ennis had declared. I guess the staff must have thought G and KJ would've been fine to hold things down at PG going into this past season.
That stuns me. I know he's smaller than they usually like for a PG, but man...he seriously jumped out at me every time I watched McCullough's highlights. That dude is a player.

That stuns me. I know he's smaller than they usually like for a PG, but man...he seriously jumped out at me every time I watched McCullough's highlights. That dude is a player.

My only thought is that they didn't want to make a long term commitment for an immediate short term need. Better to save the scholie for someone you really want?

My only thought is that they didn't want to make a long term commitment for an immediate short term need. Better to save the scholie for someone you really want?
I suppose so. But when your only real PG option is a freshman you didn't expect to be called into immediate action...why the hell not add depth? Especially since Graham would have finished the season as our starting PG?

And take the easy way out :) lol
If it was up to him at this point, no I don't think he would pick SU. Biggest factor in our favor obviously is his mother being on our side and wanting to be closer to her son once again. I don't think she'll willingly sign off to his other choices. So this recruitment could swing all over the place in different directions as we head into the finish line.

I suppose so. But when your only real PG option is a freshman you didn't expect to be called into immediate action...why the hell not add depth? Especially since Graham would have finished the season as our starting PG?

Don't know. Unless the staff REALLY liked Kaleb.

I have a feeling this is what we'll see if/when Bryant picks someone other than SU:

Funny thing is that she had another son who made his choice on TV at the Under Armour game last year I believe. He picked UF over LSU and Mama was disappointed once again. Good thing she doesn't have any b-ball players that we're recruiting because she would be no help lol.

Funny thing is that she had another son who made his choice on TV at the Under Armour game last year I believe. He picked UF over LSU and Mama was disappointed once again. Good thing she doesn't have any b-ball players that we're recruiting because she would be no help lol.
It tells me that her sons want to get the hell away from mom. Ha.

If it was up to him at this point, no I don't think he would pick SU. Biggest factor in our favor obviously is his mother being on our side and wanting to be closer to her son once again. I don't think she'll willingly sign off to his other choices. So this recruitment could swing all over the place in different directions as we head into the finish line.

I could see that. I love me some Mrs. Bryant.

just a couple things to put some perspective on this whole thing. #1) Its long been noted that we are and have been in contact with Linda Bryant and not Thomas throughout this recruitment. He has been recruited since his freshman yr of high school and has been to countless amount of games and to our facilities/ he knows where we stand and always has. Now, its just up to him to want to be here. #2) UK staff is focused on cough... buying another championship right now and is also recruiting other bigs, not just TB. So you can understand why they have not been in contact. To me, IU is doing their best to stay relevant in the big picture of everything and need their fan base to not want to kill Crean. I feel, despite the media leaning towards IU, that really they are #3 when it all counts. This make any sense to anyone?

jekelish said:
It tells me that her sons want to get the hell away from mom. Ha.

Happens more than people think.

At this point, I think having either McCullough or Bryant on the roster next year is good enough. Both guys would be nice but it's not a necessity. If we only have one then that just means more minutes for Diagne.

Mommy and tommy are very close. IU doesn't even have room right now. crean has one more shot next year, if his team struggles he will be fired. If Bryant doesn't do well enough to be highly drafted, he would have to stay another year with God knows who is coaching . This would be an extremely risky move, I think as some of us others know, tommy is quite possibly giving the reporters some bs In his interviews.

Last edited:
That would be my guess.

Feeling the same. If he wanted SU he could have had us at anytime. Seems like he wants to get away. Mommy wanting SU so bad probably had the reverse affect on his recruiting than what we had hoped?

cusetown1 said:
Mommy and tommy are very close. IU doesn't even have room right now. crean has one more shot next year, if his team struggles he will be fired. If Bryant doesn't do well enough to be highly drafted, he would have to stay another year with God knows who is coaching . This would be an extremely risky move, I think as some of us others know tommy is quite possibly giving the reporters some bs In his interviews.
Mommy and tommy should be a new song by Aerosmith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom