Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Yogi isn't going to be there long. I'm beginning to get a bad taste about this recruitment in my mouf.

He's been away from his mom for the last year and a half attending prep school. I think he ends up here to be closer to her and other family, and is just waiting for there to officially be a roster spot for him.

This whole recruitment has just been bizarre. I get the idea of being stealth but why would Bryant say we haven't talked to him in two months? If we are only talking to his mom, that would make no sense. And if we are talking to TB, why would we tell him to say we haven't been talking to him? Or why would he say that of his own volition? If he gave us a silent verbal and this is a smokescreen I think it would've leaked. Well maybe not but what would be the point... Unless we are planning a trojan horse FU to the NCAA when he puts on the Orange SU hat in about a week????

I want to reiterate that it makes absolutely no sense that we have only been talking to his mom since January. That's not what people here in the know believe. However, if that turns out to be true, is it possible we have some sort of NCAA-related thing to resolve with the scholarship reduction issue? I doubt it but that would be beyond messed up. We are allowed to talk to recruits. My head is spinning.

This whole recruitment has just been bizarre. I get the idea of being stealth but why would Bryant say we haven't talked to him in two months?

Maybe even after recruiting him this long, this hard, with each side knowing the other and TB still being unsure, not committing, they have decided to take a step back, let the kid decide. At this point maybe we want and need players who definitely want to be here. Just a guess like everyone else.

Somebody better tell JB that...

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-4912.jpg

Mickey D blurb on Bryant.

http://scouthoops.At their request,.../1532882-mcdonald-s-monday-east-practice?s=75

At this point there's not much left for the staff to say to him than "Great season, we still want you as much as ever, there's space for you". Sounds like that's what happened. The relationship is already there, Syracuse has had to keep a low profile lately. Wouldn't worry about lack of communication.

Say what you want about Dan Dakich but he is really tight with the "inside sources" at Indiana and when everybody thought Crean was gone Dakich has been saying all year Crean was going nowhere and look what happened Crean is safe.

Dakich has heard Bryant and Indiana are really tight and I agree

For some reason I feel like we have the most to offer him (Close to home, stable coaching situation, a scholarship, playing time). My gut keeps telling me he will go somewhere else but my brain thinks that when you weigh the pros and cons that we are just the best fit. I feel like JB is playing this one sneaky, IDK I just have the sense that he wants to make a spectacle to let the world know that Syracuse basketball amongst its darkest days is still a powerhouse and we will prosper.

For some reason I feel like we have the most to offer him (Close to home, stable coaching situation, a scholarship, playing time). My gut keeps telling me he will go somewhere else but my brain thinks that when you weigh the pros and cons that we are just the best fit. I feel like JB is playing this one sneaky, IDK I just have the sense that he wants to make a spectacle to let the world know that Syracuse basketball amongst its darkest days is still a powerhouse and we will prosper.
This whole recruitment has just been bizarre. I get the idea of being stealth but why would Bryant say we haven't talked to him in two months? If we are only talking to his mom, that would make no sense. And if we are talking to TB, why would we tell him to say we haven't been talking to him? Or why would he say that of his own volition? If he gave us a silent verbal and this is a smokescreen I think it would've leaked. Well maybe not but what would be the point... Unless we are planning a trojan horse FU to the NCAA when he puts on the Orange SU hat in about a week????

I want to reiterate that it makes absolutely no sense that we have only been talking to his mom since January. That's not what people here in the know believe. However, if that turns out to be true, is it possible we have some sort of NCAA-related thing to resolve with the scholarship reduction issue? I doubt it but that would be beyond messed up. We are allowed to talk to recruits. My head is spinning.

Emmitt Holt from Webster Schroeder here in Rochester led the Hoosiers in field goal % and was 2nd on the team in blocked shots (despite limited pt) as a freshman. Not sure if TB knows him but I,ll bet TB was shown around the IU campus by him.. I hope Chino has stayed in contact.

The uncertainty of whether S.U. can actually sign TB under the current circumstances may be the reason he has not committed. If this is true he should and most likely is keeping the interest up for another offer somewhere else. The fact that he has not accepted our offer maybe (complete speculation) we can not take him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom