Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird.

Maybe we’re trying to get back in?
Maybe UConn said they’d take him if Kofi goes elsewhere?

Either way, not ideal for VaTech or Pitt

Or maybe he was leaning a certain way [VT or Pitt, most likely], and now is getting cold feet based upon the feel not being "right."

This can't be bad for our chances.

I think your probably right...but If they have a wish list of recruits they want in some sort of order, JBA was not on the very top of that list. That's all I'm saying. I like the JBA addition and have been a big supporter of his in his thread.

It just doesn’t seem logical. Sidibe is a big question mark with his knees and development as well. I would think a project (albeit with some talent) like JBA who won’t be ready for awhile most likely would not be priority 1 given the uncertainty with Sidibe. A guy who is more polished and more ready to contribute right away would be top priority, I would think. Like VERY high priority.

It just doesn’t seem logical. Sidibe is a big question mark with his knees and development as well. I would think a project (albeit with some talent) like JBA who won’t be ready for awhile most likely would not be priority 1 given the uncertainty with Sidibe. A guy who is more polished and more ready to contribute right away would be top priority, I would think. Like VERY high priority.
you are exactly correct. And I am pretty sure the coaches agree.

Or maybe he was leaning a certain way [VT or Pitt, most likely], and now is getting cold feet based upon the feel not being "right."

This can't be bad for our chances.
Capel had toake a call to get more $$.

So quiet after this news. Any idea about why he is delaying his decision? I don’t think he was picking us on Thursday so this delay can’t hurt.

Idk but he had visits from coaches of other teams recently and cuse wasnt one of them so I'm not sure what that means? If we were trying to close him before his announcement tomorrow (delayed now) then I would think JB would of visited and tried to close.

He wanted more money from Buzz especially after his glowing comments about him.

Clear, to who, you? This very much appears to be your opinion vs. some "clear" fact. Just look at Wahab's recent comments in regards to SU, "they keep saying how bad we really really need you" or along those lines. If it was so "clear" that SU's top 5 priority was JBA as you allege, why is it so "needy" for SU to land Wahab then according to Wahab? If SU "clearly" has their guy in JBA, then why are they even really pursing him with the apparent urgency that they are?

I don’t think JBA is a center. He’s a 4.

I don’t think JBA is a center. He’s a 4.

Oh, okay. In his recruiting thread it has him listed as a C, and the tweet from SU's twitter after he committed said welcome big man, get ready to anchor the middle of the zone.

Yea but he could still commit and then go pro, although i still think your comment was mainly tongue in cheek
Part tongue in cheek, but at this point with the sneaker money blown open I think a lot more things are realistically in play than most fans are comfortable admitting.

Wahab is the guy after all that had been using the hashtag #freemoney.

Clear, to who, you? This very much appears to be your opinion vs. some "clear" fact. Just look at Wahab's recent comments in regards to SU, "they keep saying how bad we really really need you" or along those lines. If it was so "clear" that SU's top 5 priority was JBA as you allege, why is it so "needy" for SU to land Wahab then according to Wahab? If SU "clearly" has their guy in JBA, then why are they even really pursing him with the apparent urgency that they are?

Ummmm, because that is what EVERY coach who recruits any player says. You're not gonna sign many players with a sales pitch that goes "Hey kid, it would be cool if you committed here, but we don't really need you that bad."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom