Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Seton Hall, why didn’t we recruit Angel Delgado? He was a top 50-100 player who went to high school in upstate NY, Albany area. I thought that was weird when he chose them and we never were involved. He had an amazing career and was a fantastic rebounder. How did we overlook him/decide to not recruit him?
1. Delgado was too good of an offensive player.
2. He didn't fit the prototype zone player ... he was a monster rebounder.
3. Because of #1 and 2 he didn't fit the JB mold.

Hope we get this guy now, especially.

His post up game is something we're lacking.

Anyone have a more updated insight as to where he is leaning?

Dimon is more of a defensive force that I'd also like but Wahab would be a nice prize at this point.

Dimon is more of a defensive force that I'd also like but Wahab would be a nice prize at this point.

And was Wahab's delay in announcing to buy extra time to see what Stewart would do?

Either one would be nice at this point. We need somebody.

Prep Hoops Article on Qudus. From the sounds of it seems like Gtown is the favorite ( I think most of us agree he's not coming here) but he gave a blurb about each finalist and confirmed what we thought about Chukwu:

Recruiting Report: Qudus Wahab (2019) | Prep Hoops

SYRACUSE: “The Duke win was a big one for them. (Paschal) Chukwu is leaving, and they said they need me to come in and fill that spot. I’ve played zone before and I’m fine with it, but it’s all about the ability to keep learning. I know I can fit what they need.”

I agree especially with Yurtsseven
Man, I wish we had gotten Yurtseven (the Yurt!) as a transfer last spring. GTOWN reeled him in and I really wish we had pursued him. It doesn’t seem like we did. He’s gonna be really good for them next season and he almost went here originally.

1. Delgado was too good of an offensive player.
2. He didn't fit the prototype zone player ... he was a monster rebounder.
3. Because of #1 and 2 he didn't fit the JB mold.
Is that sarcasm, or do you truly believe that?

Man, I wish we had gotten Yurtseven (the Yurt!) as a transfer last spring. GTOWN reeled him in and I really wish we had pursued him. It doesn’t seem like we did. He’s gonna be really good for them next season and he almost went here originally.

he was in the same conference so rules likely would have been prohibitive in that regard.

Prep Hoops Article on Qudus. From the sounds of it seems like Gtown is the favorite ( I think most of us agree he's not coming here) but he gave a blurb about each finalist and confirmed what we thought about Chukwu:

Recruiting Report: Qudus Wahab (2019) | Prep Hoops

SYRACUSE: “The Duke win was a big one for them. (Paschal) Chukwu is leaving, and they said they need me to come in and fill that spot. I’ve played zone before and I’m fine with it, but it’s all about the ability to keep learning. I know I can fit what they need.”

encouraging. we seem like the natural fit for this recruit. but, i guess signs point elsewhere, or at least they did, so who knows. g-town appears way too full at his position.

encouraging. we seem like the natural fit for this recruit. but, i guess signs point elsewhere, or at least they did, so who knows. g-town appears way too full at his position.
i don't see anything encouraging with respect to a potential Cuse commitment, compared to what he said about other schools.

i don't see anything encouraging with respect to a potential Cuse commitment, compared to what he said about other schools.

the georgetown comment is the most positive. the others are equal in my mind. im not really sure what you're talking about, other than that. im also not sure how one could take his comments as anything other than encouraging when it contains three positives:

1. acknowledgement of beating the number 1 team in the country
2. acknowledgement that he fills a position of need
3. acknowledgement that he fits cuse's style of play

call me crazy, but seems good to me.

the georgetown comment is the most positive. the others are equal in my mind. im not really sure what you're talking about, other than that. im also not sure how one could take his comments as anything other than encouraging when it contains three positives:

1. acknowledgement of beating the number 1 team in the country
2. acknowledgement that he fills a position of need
3. acknowledgement that he fits cuse's style of play

call me crazy, but seems good to me.
look, it's all reading between the lines on this stuff, which is difficult and arguably a waste of time. but i love the recruiting threads so maybe i just love wasting time.

IMO there's nothing he said about Cuse that comes off as more positive than what he says about the other schools.

and one reason the Gtown comments were seemingly positive is because they "feed their bigs a lot." certainly not the case here, recently.

look, it's all reading between the lines on this stuff, which is difficult and arguably a waste of time. but i love the recruiting threads so maybe i just love wasting time.

IMO there's nothing he said about Cuse that comes off as more positive than what he says about the other schools.

and one reason the Gtown comments were seemingly positive is because they "feed their bigs a lot." certainly not the case here, recently.

Your not wrong, he's not coming here.

i never said the comments were more positive than other schools. i don't get why you would take someone's post and then twist it to fit your argument. i said the comment was positive and encouraging while also acknowledging that signs point to him going elsewhere. so why are you nitpicking my post?

also, can you explain why his comment about cuse was less positive than the comments about the other schools aside from the one about georgetown?

i never said the comments were more positive than other schools. i don't get why you would take someone's post and then twist it to fit your argument. i said the comment was positive and encouraging while also acknowledging that signs point to him going elsewhere. so why are you nitpicking my post?

also, can you explain why his comment about cuse was less positive than the comments about the other schools aside from the one about georgetown?
Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors