Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

This should be FSU. Can’t see it being SU. If by some miracle it is, there’s a 1% chance of him playing next year. Auto redshirt.

and for those that keep wondering why SU doesn’t get big men... how many center draft picks have they had in first round? The answer is 1 since 2000 (Etan in 2000 and Fab in 2012)... Not sure why this continues to surprise people as to why SU can’t recruit centers. Every kid that plays college ball wants to play in the NBA. All there is to it, especially big men...

Oh except he whines and cries about missing all these bigs? Tape went home and went to duke. Can you blame him? Not me. Morgan, we made a call on him. That’s it. We didnt recruit him or go all in (he seems to think we did) and if we miss this kid, no big deal and if we get him, great, he’s gonna redshirt anyways. We have 3.5 centers on the team now. Q would be 4.5. We arent rolling out 4.5 center in any year EVER.
Sooooo ya
I don't blame tape no, except he's most likely risking p/t. Morgan, eh, he wasn't leaving the West Coast. My only gripe is not getting involved more in the recruitment of the bigs earlier on. We clearly need the help down low, or they wouldn't be putting forth this much effort so late in the game...this year wasn't good.

I'm not sure about this local kid though...I don't think anyone really knows what he brings to the table. I do believe he's FSU bound anyway. If that's the case, I think he will redshirt given what he's behind in line. If he comes to Cuse, I cannot say he redshirts.

Q would be 4 stars, and his offense is what prevents him from being a first rounder right now...he has the ability but needs to work on offense and finishing. He reminds me of Brissette...similar games.

Last edited:
I don't blame tape no, except he's most likely risking p/t. Morgan, eh, he wasn't leaving the West Coast. My only gripe is not getting involved more in the recruitment of the bigs earlier on. We clearly need the help down low, or they wouldn't be putting forth this effort so late in the game...this year wasn't good.

I'm not sure about this local kid though...I don't think anyone really knows what he brings to the table. I do believe he's FSU bound anyway. If that's the case, I think he will redshirt given what he's behind in line. If he comes to Cuse, I cannot say he redshirts.

Q would be 4 stars, and his offense is what prevents him from being a first rounder right now...he has the ability but needs to work on offense and finishing. He reminds me of Brissette...similar games.
We get zero centers drafted or even sniffing the nba. If you were a big man, would you come here? Because I wouldn’t and I love Cuse. Our offense is tailored to guards and forwards. It is what it is

We get zero centers drafted or even sniffing the nba. If you were a big man, would you come here? Because I wouldn’t and I love Cuse. Our offense is tailored to guards and forwards. It is what it is
Nope, that's why Boeheim as the head coach needs to hire a center coach and recruiting guru...probably moot at this point, given he's gone in 2.

Nope, that's why Boeheim as the head coach needs to hire a center coach and recruiting guru...probably moot at this point, given he's gone in 2.

Like whom? What center coach and what recruiting guru?

If the SU coaches want him, I hope they get him. They get the big bucks to figure out if they want to take a chance on a guy, whether to accept a commitment now or go after somebody else next year, etc. I'll let them figure it out. i agree that we seem well set at the center position for a while even without Ballard. What we really need is a fourth guard...but that's another decision i'm not paid to make.

Like whom? What center coach and what recruiting guru?
Well, I'm not the ad, and I am not the Chancellor of the University, and that is their job. I may be an HR Mgr., but I do not have enough insight on sports recruiting to provide any honest answers on candidates. If I was responsible as the university's recruiter, you can damn well bet I'd be looking at who the big-time asst coaches are at developing and recruiting big men, and I would say Western Kentucky stands out. They seem to be getting big men, including one of ours a few years ago, and they keep doing it on a regular basis. I would have to think about it, but it's not my job lol.

Well, I'm not the ad, and I am not the Chancellor of the University, and that is their job. I may be an HR Mgr., but I do not have enough insight on sports recruiting to provide any honest answers on candidates. If I was responsible as the university's recruiter, you can damn well bet I'd be looking at who the big-time asst coaches are at developing and recruiting big men, and I would say Western Kentucky stands out. They seem to be getting big men, including one of ours a few years ago, and they keep doing it on a regular basis. I would have to think about it, but it's not my job lol.
Western Kentucky?! Yo, just stop. Their head coach is legit one of the dirtiest coaches in the land and is on par with Wade and Sean on paying kids. 5 star players dont go to western kentucky cuz of tradition or nba landscape

He’s not gone in 2. U dont think he’s gonna be here for Dior’s year? You crazy
Coach has said he will be here as long as Buddy, he's also expressed that he's tiring. Additionally, Gmac has told Dior he will be his coach. I do not hear what goes on behind the scenes, so I cannot verify, but that's what has been said.

Last edited:
If the SU coaches want him, I hope they get him. They get the big bucks to figure out if they want to take a chance on a guy, whether to accept a commitment now or go after somebody else next year, etc. I'll let them figure it out. i agree that we seem well set at the center position for a while even without Ballard. What we really need is a fourth guard...but that's another decision i'm not paid to make.
We "might" have one. Just depends on how some things shake out. That's all I can say. We will be ok regardless.

Western Kentucky?! Yo, just stop. Their head coach is legit one of the dirtiest coaches in the land and is on par with Wade and Sean on paying kids. 5 star players dont go to western kentucky cuz of tradition or nba landscape
Lol, slow down, I didn't say I would hire him, I just said he stands out, and I would interview him as well as several others as potential candidates. He has a history of successful recruiting, but he would also need to be thoroughly evaluated. I also said I do not have ANY experience in sports recruiting, so I would need to restructure my recruiting process...Settle down lol.

Last edited:
Lol, slow down, I didn't say I would hire him, I just said he stands out, and I would recruit him. I would interview several potential candidates. He has a history of successful recruiting, but he would also need to be thoroughly evaluated. Settle down lol.
Let's stay on track here with the recruits please! :)

We "might" have one. Just depends on how some things shake out. That's all I can say. We will be ok regardless.
I've been worried about Marek not coming back for the pass few days no inside information but the reason behind the hunt for a 5 has me questioning things...

oach has said he will be here as long as Buddy, he's also expressed that he's tiring. Additionally, Gmac has told Dior he will be his coach. I do not hear what goes on behind the scenes, so I cannot verify, but that's what has been said.
I know JB personally. I’m from Lyons, NY area where he’s from. Pops plays golf with him at Wayne Hills when he shoots back into town. The man is gonna be here for a top 5 prospect. And Gmac is not going to be the coach here unless we miss terribly on our head coach search

I've been worried about Marek not coming back for the pass few days no inside information but the reason behind the hunt for a 5 has me questioning things...
Marek will be back. No worries there. Kid loves playing for cuse!

Well, that’s the problem. What great big men coaches are out there? What big time assistant coaches? We’ve seen some assistant coaches go to jail. Maybe that why they recruited so well?

Western Kentucky has recruited really good big men that were going to be NBA players when they got there. Not sure there was much development going on.

What great recruiting gurus are out there? Name some. Are you going to fire one of the existing assistant coaches?

The coaches we have are doing a good job improving the play at the center position. Sidibe and Chukwu got better. Jesse Edwards looks like he’s pretty skilled.

We recruited Isaiah Jackson at center, but he picked Kentucky. That’s life.

But just saying go out and get a centers coach (we have one of those) and a recruiting guru is not realistic. Who is going to sell the Syracuse program better than JB?

Hope we land Ballard, but maybe we get Haarms. Not the end of the world if this kid doesn’t pick us.

Last edited:
Please don't say that...Last year it was said Marek may not return, but he did. He is probably my favorite player on the entire team. That would be very sad news.

Another one to ease your mind a bit.
20200411_015455.jpg